How Are Others Reacting to "Hold my hand" -- thread

At least the responses were positive. I have no clue why people were doubting if MJ still got it. However, I rather read those kinds of comments than the other kinds of comments if you know what I mean.

Source: http://showhype.com/music/searches/

The hype around HMH - One of the most searched Music Topics & most emailed stories on worlwide net (Top 5):

clip_image002.jpg

Last edited:
My friend April who isn't an MJ fan said this about the song: (I let her hear it)

"yes. I really like it. very nice to listen to."

I've kept a record of the reactions so i can post them here :lol:.. Here they are:

Mum: I really like it, its a nice song
Sister: Burn it to CD I want to play it in my car
MSN Friend: pretty mean aye bro, its awesome;)
MSN Friend: im in luv wit this song, i cant believe he is almost 50!!
My agent: Now THAT is a hit!
MSN Friend: omg wow i totally love it!
MSN Friend: yeah hun its a beautiful song :)

Just some of the ones i copied and pasted from msn...
All non-MJ fans.:)

I've kept a record of the reactions so i can post them here :lol:.. Here they are:

Mum: I really like it, its a nice song
Sister: Burn it to CD I want to play it in my car
MSN Friend: pretty mean aye bro, its awesome;)
MSN Friend: im in luv wit this song, i cant believe he is almost 50!!
My agent: Now THAT is a hit!
MSN Friend: omg wow i totally love it!
MSN Friend: yeah hun its a beautiful song :)

Just some of the ones i copied and pasted from msn...
All non-MJ fans.:)

Wow, thanks. Your family & friends understand something of Music.:D

All these positive reactions in public show that this song belongs into the charts. ".. Akon, what is it now? You distribute it or not? The world is waiting!":yes:

Last edited:
Everyone and I mean everyone who i played this song for genuinely liked it, its a sure fire hit and its go MJ all over it

Since I only listened to the song for the first time a few mins ago, I'll make sure a few people I know hear it today :D

i like it, it has a catchy hook. my brother in law said the same although the song is not the most original and it could have definitely benefited from an additional verse instead of repeating the hook over and over

I played HMH for some friends yesterday and they loved it! One of them said they really loved the melody and the instrumentation, the other one just said it was super catchy. After a few repeats, they were already singing the chorus. :punk:

When i heard it i wanted to cry i haven't heard Michael sing since like forever and then i heard the rthym it sounded very great then my mom heard it she said it sounds soo nice

Source: http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003824224

Michael Jackson Cameo Shocks Akon Songwriter

Juli 03, 2008 , 10:25 AM ET
Mariel Concepcion, N.Y.

Up-and-coming singer/songwriter Claude Kelly wrote the recently leaked Akon song "Hold My Hand" featuring Michael Jackson, but he confesses hearing the legendary singer's voice on the track the first time was a total surprise to him.

"I wrote the song and gave it to Akon with the intention of it going to maybe Whitney Houston, but Akon said he wanted to cut it himself. I thought, 'It doesn't get any bigger than this'," the 27-year-old New York native tells Billboard.com. "A few months after, Akon plays the song for me and all of a sudden I hear Michael Jackson's voice. I was literally shaking by the time the song was over."

The track, which is in contention to be the first single from Akon's new album, due late this year, has since been pulled off the Internet. As per when an actual Michael Jackson album will be released, Kelly says a date hasn't been set yet.

What has been confirmed, as per Kelly's manager Michael "Make" Mentore from Star Power Media/Make Moves Management, is that the track will appear on both Akon and Jackson's albums.

Whooooohhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooo...lol Michael

this is the first time I have been back on a MJ fan forum for quite some time as I got tired of all the promises of material coming out from him...

At last... Although didnt make me think it was worth the wait, this is a bit too AKONNY for me and would much more prefer a MJ style track. This is for AKON'S album right ?
I hope this isnt released as an MJ track

this is the first time I have been back on a MJ fan forum for quite some time as I got tired of all the promises of material coming out from him...

At last... Although didnt make me think it was worth the wait, this is a bit too AKONNY for me and would much more prefer a MJ style track. This is for AKON'S album right ?
I hope this isnt released as an MJ track

Hence Akon featuring Michael Jackson.

Back