How Many Unreleased Songs are Complete Enough for a Release?

Well robbsaber01, we don't know If these songs were planned for release or not.. there are songs reported finished.

We've heard for years that Michael planned to debut music while doing this is it..

We have no real idea what songs he had in mind in 2009.. we have an idea of what songs he wanted to work on but actually release... ?!?!? It's an educated guessing game.

He was working with neff-u last.. but he could very well planned at least one of the will.i.am songs to be released

I think the issues with the Thriller audio were unique to the presentation in London.

There is no way I would buy a box set of mumblings and song embryos, sorry. Lol.
I'm also quite torn over whether that actually would be respectful to Michael's body of work.

As much as I want to hear everything, sometimes I don't know if I should, because it kind of dilutes the brilliance of what is already there. Does anyone else know what I mean? I dunno...maybe I'm rambling.

:shutup:

Me and you are complete opposites on that front then. If a box set of earlier versions of already released songs/demos that were never finished was released I would snap that up. I'd really like a comprehensive release like that. They could even do more than one with all the demos that are available to them. One for each album if there's enough.

Last edited:
I think the issues with the Thriller audio were unique to the presentation in London.

That is correct. There were no problems at all with the one in Sydney. It was absolutely incredible.

Thank you.

Just found this, here's more info on the song. Looks like others artists are on it too. https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/59643/jacksons-katrina-song-said-to-be-ready

"Eight days after Hurricane Katrina hit, Michael Jackson announced he would release an all-star charity single within two weeks. Nearly six months later, after questions about exactly who would be participating, the prince who has been hosting Jackson during his self-imposed exile in Bahrain says the song will come out by the end of this month.

In a telephone interview from Dubai last week, Sheik Abdullah bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the son of Bahrain's king, said, "The record is coming along great. We've been taking our time to perfect it and mix it."

The song is currently titled "I Have This Dream," and it includes Snoop Dogg, R. Kelly, Ciara, Keyisha Cole, James Ingram, Jackson's brother Jermaine, Shanice, the Rev. Shirley Caesar and the O'Jays, the prince said."

(From Feb. 21st, 2006)

I'd love to hear "I Have This Dream," but I suspect the only complete version is a potential solo demo. Vocals by James Brown and several others were still missing by the time that Billboard article was published (late Feb. 2006), and several managers/labels refused to allow their artists to be involved because they didn't want any affiliation with Michael Jackson.

Given the current world affairs, I think it would be wonderful if the Estate pulled a "We Are the World" and released a version of the song featuring contemporary artists for charity, then offer the solo cut (assuming one exists, which it almost certainly does) as a B-side.

Aren't charity records just totally passe now? And then, who buys digital singles anymore?

When Michael Jackson was in Bahrain he were singing in the studio and working on the new album in 2006. He worked for a new label called "2 Seas", not $ONY - tell me guys where are these songs for the new album 2007???. MJ borrowed money from a sheikh (prince of Bahrain - Abdullah), they quarreled and MJ escaped from Bahrain to Ireland. Michael Jackson didn't get these songs from Bahrain, when he asked for.
Katrina Hurricane song: He gounged/picked on this song. "he stopped interested in working on the new album, , instead of the complete song for the victims of Katrina, he only picked on it." The excerpt of the text comes from the book “Untouchable: The Strange Life and Tragic Death of Michael Jackson” Randall Sullivan. I recommend reading the first chapter (5-7 sub-chapter) of this book.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/58713/michael-jackson-sails-with-two-seas
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/18/AR2006041801014_pf.html

If you are talking about Katrina hurricane, so Michael recorded this song in Bahrain. Right? In 2006 Prince of Bahrain (Abdullah) helped him a lot, borrowed him $$ for studio session and hotel. More info u can read in "Untouchable: The Strange Life and Tragic Death of Michael Jackson" - 1st chapter (5-7 sub-chapter) there are information about MJ "new album 2007", not cascio and mj worked for 2 Seas label not $ony.

Are people just forgetting about this song "I have this dream"...

This is a song that the instramental was sent out with some instructions to fans for a lyric competition..

Someone please tell me they remember this too..

Are people just forgetting about this song "I have this dream"...

This is a song that the instramental was sent out with some instructions to fans for a lyric competition..

Someone please tell me they remember this too..

That's actually a different "I Have This Dream"! That one was written in the first half of 1999 with Carole Bayer Sager and David Foster. I suspect that Michael himself wasn't involved in the AOL contest, considering the winner was apparently royally screwed over.

The one we're discussing is from late 2005, written in response to Hurricane Katrina.

Slave To The Rhythm;4220027 said:
after his tasteless post on instagram I‘m not interested in it at all...

Off topic but what tasteless post? I don't remember this

Hey there. I rarely post on here, because I don't care what Michael's favorite color was, or about his dancing moves on the HIStory tour. I do like threads like this, about his unreleased music, which I wish the estate would give more attention to (and give more care when they do indeed give attention).

But anyways, nobody has seemed to mention the song "You Were There" that Michael sang for Sammy Davis Jr. It was also listed on his list of songs that was found at his house after Michael passed on. It baffles me why this song hasn't garnered any attention nor a possible release.

Hey there. I rarely post on here, because I don't care what Michael's favorite color was, or about his dancing moves on the HIStory tour. I do like threads like this, about his unreleased music, which I wish the estate would give more attention to (and give more care when they do indeed give attention).

But anyways, nobody has seemed to mention the song "You Were There" that Michael sang for Sammy Davis Jr. It was also listed on his list of songs that was found at his house after Michael passed on. It baffles me why this song hasn't garnered any attention nor a possible release.

There's no studio recording of it, sadly. Though I completely agree; it's an absolutely stunning number.

I have absolutely no idea why it was included on that handwritten list of titles. I suspect there's a second song titled "You Were There," because I can't imagine why Michael would want to revisit a song specifically written for Sammy Davis, Jr. for his new album.

Aren't charity records just totally passe now? And then, who buys digital singles anymore?

Yeah charity songs of the type that MJ would have been involved in writing are terribly dated and wouldn't go down well at all these days. A charity song doesn't have to sappy be like 'We Are The World' or 'What More Can I Give'. In fact in 2019 (and even in 2006) it should actively avoid being like that!

There's nothing wrong with just releasing a great sounding pop record and donating the proceeds to charity. I have no interest in hearing Dream, not even an MJ solo version.

Yeah charity songs of the type that MJ would have been involved in writing are terribly dated and wouldn't go down well at all these days. A charity song doesn't have to sappy be like 'We Are The World' or 'What More Can I Give'. In fact in 2019 (and even in 2006) it should actively avoid being like that!

There's nothing wrong with just releasing a great sounding pop record and donating the proceeds to charity. I have no interest in hearing Dream, not even an MJ solo version.

So if it leaked today you wouldn't listen to it?

Considering the primary method of consumption of new music these days is on streaming platforms, how would a charity single work as a tool to raise funds?

Has there been any charity singles in the last few years that have demonstrated fundraising?

Well yeah. In 2005 that's when a lyric competition. I specifically remember because I submitted one.. in 99 I had no idea about a song with that name. Not with my dialup AOL at the time lol

I would say there are finished songs enough for 3-4 albums at least. - AND if they finish the incomplete vocals with new singers - like a duet album, then there are propably enough for 1-2 albums more. People Of The World has useable vocals for the chorus and addlibs at the end of the songs. - They could get a current artist, maybe Lady Gaga (she does have a great vocal...) or someone else to sing the verses. - Other songs like that could be made into duets. Don't know with Days in Glou..... maybe it could be made into a duet somehow. - there are plenty of useable MJ vocals.

With the duets album they'll need to be VERY careful about who they choose to finish these records.

Their choices cannot be made lightly.

Back