I Am a Fan, But... (What Makes You Heretic Among Other Fans?)

People keep starting up negative threads and then wonder why people come on and post negative stuff about MJ?

This site seems way to open to people who just want to come on and put MJ down. When did this become acceptable on here?

There are plenty of sites for haters to post sh*t about MJ. Can't this be our 'place of peace' and truth?

This thread for example "I am a fan but.." post something you don't like about MJ or his art, and we can entertain ourselves. WTF is that about?

People keep starting up negative threads and then wonder why people come on and post negative stuff about MJ?

This site seems way to open to people who just want to come on and put MJ down. When did this become acceptable on here?

There are plenty of sites for haters to post sh*t about MJ. Can't this be our 'place of peace' and truth?

This thread for example "I am a fan but.." post something you don't like about MJ or his art, and we can entertain ourselves. WTF is that about?

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.....

So I'm gonna say something that's been on my mind for awhile now, and some may view me as a heretic. I have my doubts about Michael Jackson's innocence...

If you want to somehow 'discuss' your doubt, you can do so ONLY in the 'trial and tribulations' section :blink: so...

Please refrain from 'derailing' this thread Thanks.

My take on this thread :eek:

We all have stuff we'd prefer see different. I for one don't like to see MJ in his short cut hair. It doesn't suit him. His curls makes him more handsome.

A second thing I always fret about is... I would have wished that MJ would've stayed in Ireland just recording and 'living life' instead of returning to L.A to 'meet his doom' eventually :unsure:

Oh and a 3rd thing lol is I never really 'understood' the video of "Billie jean" :scratch:
I mean the 'storyline' in the song doesn't really match the 'storyline' in the video, right? :smilerolleyes:

HOWEVER, this threads intent is to lighthearted, where people can honestly admit that there may be the rare song or performance that they don't go gaga for, or actually don't care for. It's about Michael's art-not THAT.

I agree :agree:

Honestly, IMO if you have even an ounce of doubt that the allegations weren't true then I don't think your really an MJ fan.

Oftentimes I feel as though some of MJ's fanbase allows people to bash MJ, and sometimes the "fans" themselves even take part in it. :(

There's a huge difference between not liking certain songs and having doubts about Michael's innocence. Hearing people's different points of view about the music is fun and interesting.

If I could thank this post a 100 times I would.

The sinister turn this thread took on this last page just proves this point.

Last edited:
Let me be frank, opinions like that are not welcome here nor do I want them on my board. So if thats how you feel you have two options, keep those kinds of thoughts to yourself or leave - choice is yours.

Thread cleaned - lets go forward in the right manner befitting a fan club for MJ.

I'd like to say just because someone does not like something about MJ in ways does not make them a NON-fan.. I think there are ways to express those views in a respectful way (if the fandom would be willing to hear) without it going south..

There are things I don't like or disagree with... But I will say that what I love weighs out what I disagree with by farrrr!

Well, I was told I should have been banned cause I think SC is the weakest track on Bad :p

And who told you that? I assume it was a member who has no say or right over who should be banned or not.

If I could thank this post a 100 times I would.

The sinister turn this thread took on this last page just proves this point.

I would thank this post 400 times. So true.

Why the negative? I started the thread so that people expose their opinions about various things in MJ's life that seem to be minority opinions within the fanbase. During my time here, I've noticed that some people have that "If you don't like this song, you ain't no true fan" attitude, so I wanted to prove them fans come with different tastes and opinions and each of us has a unique reason why we love Michael. That's it.

^^Ive definitely enjoyed the thread up to now. Some of the responses have been laugh out funny and I like the fact everybody has been different.
The teasing has been nice too for a change. It's nice to laugh.

A few negative posts, doesn't mean that an entire thread is negative. I've also seen plenty of positive posts from people here praising songs that usually don't/hardy get any credit.

Wait you don't like when MJ's curls lay over his left eye????? YOU ARE NOT A FANNNNNNN...

I'll just say I am somewhat afraid to post non favorable things about my perspective on Mike even though I love him... I mean I have bad things to say about my mom but that doesn't mean I don't charish her...

it's ok to see flaws and mention them..

Seriously, though. I think threads like these should just focus on the music, because when people start bringing Michael's personal life into it, then that's when things get ugly.

Seriously, though. I think threads like these should just focus on the music, because when people start bringing Michael's personal life into it, then that's when things get ugly.
Exactly! I thought that was the intent of the thread-that's what made it funny and entertaining.
It's fun to read other people's very subjective admissions about his music, dance, videos, tours.

While the moonwalk is cool, I don't think it's his most impressive dance move

I am a fan, but having seen Poetic Justice, For Colored Girls, Why Did I Get Marrired 1 and 2, I like Janet more as an actress.

*goes to find a shelter*

Last edited:
'Moonwalker' - not that great a film. Not that the content itself isn't incredible, but I don't really know if it should be called a 'film', as it more comes across as a string of musical clips put together with acting in the middle. I feel like this is why it perhaps why the critical reception has been mixed - if it was just released as a homage to Bad I feel the reviews would've been a lot more positive. :)

'Moonwalker' - not that great a film. Not that the content itself isn't incredible, but I don't really know if it should be called a 'film', as it more comes across as a string of musical clips put together with acting in the middle. I feel like this is why it perhaps why the critical reception has been mixed - if it was just released as a homage to Bad I feel the reviews would've been a lot more positive. :)

:shades: short films!!! LOL :billiejean:

- I don't believe that Michael was the helpless little lamb that many fans paint him to be. And that's okay with me.

- I'm also a big Prince fan.

- This Is It gives me the willies....

I am a fan but... the gold suit. I don't really like it. It looks kinda cheap and ill-fitting to me, I don't think it was a good look for MJ. I think the only reason it gets attention from the fans is because of... well, need I say more?

I'm tired of the songs Thriller and Billie Jean, I always skip these songs in Spotify.

Back