Iconic artist PRINCE passes away at age 57

Re: The Singer PRINCE died????

Never did connect , But i know we have some fans on here I am feeling so hard for his fans rn and family . RIP Prince , also Chyna ..

HuffPost BlackVoices@blackvoices

This rare clip of Prince, Michael Jackson & James Brown onstage is amazing. RIP to them all. http://huff.to/1NDO8dC

Earvin Magic Johnson ?@MagicJohnson

This is so tragic. First MJ and now Prince! Two icons gone too soon!
Prince and Michael were the only artists I actually followed around the world to see their stellar performances live.

Demi Lovato ?@ddlovato
This ****ing sucks... Prince on repeat all day. Just like I did with Michael and Whitney

I'm really sad about Prince. I live in Minnesota and the whole state is in shock.
It has been raining all day and people are shining purple lights on the rain.
Fans are gathered around Paisley Park right now leaving their tributes.
I just had to come here and check on my MJ fam as i'm having lots of flashbacks.
RIP to Prince. :angel:

1624rv9.jpg

TJ Jackson ‏@tjjackson

So sad to hear about the passing of musical icon, Prince. A true legend & innovator who will be loved and missed forever. #Prince #Legend

Taryll Jackson ‏@tarylljackson

Been waiting & praying, hoping somehow they got it wrong. So sad 2 hear the news. Another musical hero is gone. #rip #genius #legend #prince

La Toya Jackson ‏@latoyajackson

What a sad day today! Terribly sorry to hear that #Prince has passed! What an incredible talent… https://www.instagram.com/p/BEeH5ocHS9m/

Paris Jackso? ?@ParisJackson

Rest in peace to a very beautiful soul, Prince you were an amazing artist and human being. I wish I had the honor of meeting you.

The Jacksons ?@Jacksons

Doves will cry tonight. We celebrate you brother and this thing called Life. Godspeed to the great Afterparty. #Prince

CglkEmEUYAAff7V.jpg

Melanie321 ?@Mellie4Justice
Prince, Michael & Whitney ....they are all gone !

Wow, so WTH happened?
He was flying somewhere last week and they had to land the plane and rush him to hospital. I haven't been following it but he was out riding his bike the other day saying he was fine and telling people to not waste their prayers. Oh it's just awful.

Rev Jesse Jackson Sr ‏@RevJJackson
The whole world is crying #PurpleRain.We lost #MichaelJackson &now #Prince;2 global icons who have gone much 2soon.

Peter Rosenberg ‏@Rosenbergradio
If someone had said in 1988 that we would live in a world without MJ, Bowie, and Prince -- I would not have understood ...

Quincy Jones ‏@QuincyDJones
RIP to @prince…a true artist in every sense of the word. Gone way too soon.

Linda Higgins ‏@MJDotsUnite
“You never know how long you have with someone, so don’t forget to say I love you while you can.”- Michael Jackson

Since Batman in 1989 Ive always loved Prince. May not have been too into a lot of his catalogue (it is huge) but jesus what an artist. Purple Rain and Sign O The Times are 2 of the best albums of all time.

Such an awful awful year for music. RIP

I can't believe this. Prince was my favorite artist after MJ. I'm totally crushed by this

Both MJ and Prince are trending Twitter right now. I'm not sure how to feel about this, because I wish people would give their respects to Prince without bringing MJ into it

I am lost for words. When I heard about him being ill, I said then I hope nothing happen to him. Now look.

Both MJ and Prince are trending Twitter right now. I'm not sure how to feel about this, because I wish people would give their respects to Prince without bringing MJ into it
true but due to some people wanting to make them go up against each. I am hearing about both men but everyone is being respectful.

I agree...I don't really see a need to bring MJ into it

true but due to some people wanting to make them go up against each. I am hearing about both men but everyone is being respectful.
Prince was his own man and so was Michael. we're not in the 80's anymore, there's really no need to make them go against each other in a moment like this, it's awful :( peoples words might be respectful, but the act is not

Re: Michael Jackson James Brown and Prince Rip

He's not in the clip, but B.B. King was also at this show. It was a B.B. King/James Brown concert. My mom used to have the videotape, but the Prince footage was not in it.

Re: Michael Jackson James Brown and Prince Rip

Here's another one

Shocking.. another childhood legend gone, I can't believe it.

Prince was his own man and so was Michael. we're not in the 80's anymore, there's really no need to make them go against each other in a moment like this, it's awful :( peoples words might be respectful, but the act is not

Yeah. To be honest, I'm getting sick of people trying to make some kind of pissing contest between MJ and Prince. And right now is especially not the appropriate time

Prince just passed so of course some of his fans are going to be reaching and saying he's on MJ's level, but I think we should let them reach right now (come on cut them some slack their fave just died).

From what I know Prince loved King MJ, and honestly I saw more disrespectful comments toward MJ on social media when David Bowie died then I am right now (I have no idea why though).

People are going to compare them and say Prince is better (which he wasn't tbh) because of the supposed rivalry they had (which I'm sure was all in good fun), but in the end all of their mean words are coming from a place of sadness and loss, so don't lash out.
MJ's legacy is untouchable, and unparalleled anyways, so it's only right and respectful that Prince fans should be able to laud their fave and mourn him without anyone attacking them.

Re: R.I.P. Prince

The saddest possible news, this is the only one so far, except for ones in the MJ part and the Prince fans thread here, where several of us have posted, but let us keep this as a memorial thread. It is a very sad in music and my life. 2016 is the cruelest year for the reaper, after the death of David Bowie also back in early Jnauary. I am very upset, but you know I can't do much here except play Prince's legendary output and remember the memories of the man and his power.

He died young and beautiful, never having to know the demon and aging and losing his looks, Prince would have liked that. He died at the height of his powers when his audience still loved him. Prince would have liked that and it seems his demise was sudden, a flu on April 7th, Hospitalisation on the 11th and now this. I hope he did not suffer, and I hope he finds heaven and peace amongst the angels. Even more importantly I hope he reunites with Michael Jackson who has saved a place.

Honestly for many of us April 21st 2016 (April 22nd Kiwi time) and June 25 2009 (June 26 Kiwi time) will be etched in our minds as some of the saddest days in our life.

And please guys keep this thread positive, no nasty messages, trolling or lines like MJ was better, and MJ was more missed than rince, it's not a contest it is a place to share our memories of the man, music and myth of Prince Rogers Nelson.

I was particularly fortunate and blessed to see him in concert only 2 months ago and looking at him then, play his heart out and play my favourite song in the whole world to me, was a treat. I am blessed I saw 3 concerts of him in my life and was a fan for the last quarter century of his life. Prince was musical and stalwart to the end, he had just played a series of Piano and Microphone concerts at Paisley Park, Australia, NZ and the USA and was still recording a live album and Hitnrun Phase 3. Now we can look orward to posthumous releases.

Unlike Michael, Prince leaves no issue and merely his younger sister and some half siblings, Prince's parents died in 2001 and 2002, and his only son died after having his life support switched off after 10 days in 1996.

RIP PRINCE ROGERS NELSON - JUNE 7 1958 - OBIT APRIL 21 2016 - REQUESIAT EN PAIX.......

I posted this in another Prince memorial thread, so I will post it here as well.

The saddest possible news, this is the only one so far, except for ones in the MJ part and the Prince fans thread here, where several of us have posted, but let us keep this as a memorial thread. It is a very sad in music and my life. 2016 is the cruelest year for the reaper, after the death of David Bowie also back in early Jnauary. I am very upset, but you know I can't do much here except play Prince's legendary output and remember the memories of the man and his power.

He died young and beautiful, never having to know the demon and aging and losing his looks, Prince would have liked that. He died at the height of his powers when his audience still loved him. Prince would have liked that and it seems his demise was sudden, a flu on April 7th, Hospitalisation on the 11th and now this. I hope he did not suffer, and I hope he finds heaven and peace amongst the angels. Even more importantly I hope he reunites with Michael Jackson who has saved a place.

Honestly for many of us April 21st 2016 (April 22nd Kiwi time) and June 25 2009 (June 26 Kiwi time) will be etched in our minds as some of the saddest days in our life.

And please guys keep this thread positive, no nasty messages, trolling or lines like MJ was better, and MJ was more missed than rince, it's not a contest it is a place to share our memories of the man, music and myth of Prince Rogers Nelson.

I was particularly fortunate and blessed to see him in concert only 2 months ago and looking at him then, play his heart out and play my favourite song in the whole world to me, was a treat. I am blessed I saw 3 concerts of him in my life and was a fan for the last quarter century of his life. Prince was musical and stalwart to the end, he had just played a series of Piano and Microphone concerts at Paisley Park, Australia, NZ and the USA and was still recording a live album and Hitnrun Phase 3. Now we can look orward to posthumous releases.

Unlike Michael, Prince leaves no issue and merely his younger sister and some half siblings, Prince's parents died in 2001 and 2002, and his only son died after having his life support switched off after 10 days in 1996.

RIP PRINCE ROGERS NELSON - JUNE 7 1958 - OBIT APRIL 21 2016 - REQUESIAT EN PAIX.......

And I think all you guys kind of know how I feel about Prince. This is sad and still sinking in.

Back