If Michael did a Beyonce when releasing an album.

The album is REALLY good. But I'm a big Beyonce fan anyhow, so yeah.

Beyonce would have had a hit album regardless, but releasing it this way was an awesome move on her part!
Yes, for now it's sold a lot quickly because of hype, but the fact that people actually BOUGHT it right away in such big numbers around the world should say something about her.

This type of release probably would only work for a big artist with big following to begin with, though.

Had MJ had been alive today, it would have been awesome if he did this. Especially if he ALSO made all the short films before-hand.

It's a different time in entertainment industry in general. Gone are the days when you can put out one hit song and your album would sell millions. There are still some who can do that today, but a lot others have to work a lot harder. They have to come up with new and interesting ways of putting out new music and getting it out there. There's just too many free mediums out there to get music. It's amazing that people actually are buying digitally at all.

do you guys think it will beat thriller?

Don't be silly. Stop with your sillyness :D

I think it's good short term but then what? There is a video with each song already. I want something that I can actually hold in my hands. I want the cd. Michael is gone and it's just different to me. I know the times are changing.

Why would you think there isn't going to be a physical copy? That will be available soon. This was just for the initial surprise.

large.gif

Let this be a perfect example how the surprise was more publicity than publicity as the norm would think of it..

When we were talking about 20/20 experience which was the most hyped album of the year, there was (within the first few months) still a large portion of people that have not heard it... Read peoples posts here, a large majority have already!!

AtlasAir;3941438 said:
Had MJ had been alive today, it would have been awesome if he did this. Especially if he ALSO made all the short films before-hand.

You know what really surprises me though? I was watching a couple of the music videos a few days ago (I've only watched the first few, I really dig 'Blow', that tracking shot in front of Beyoncé as she rollerblades with everyone around the arena is so cool!!) and was just thinking about how many hundreds, if not thousands, of people were involved in the project... but no word got out.

I'm also surprised how nobody else picked up on it! I remember when Beyoncé was conducting that 'photoshoot' in Australia:

df66e702-7823-4df1-984e-3be858d3e8ba-460x276.jpeg

I remember it made the news and everyone was wondering what was going on, but nobody suspected a music video or anything, everyone just assumed it was a photoshoot, probably for her tour! It's honestly just... mind-boggling how nobody working on the videos let word leak that Beyoncé was working on a music video, let alone 17!

I mean, obviously everyone would have to sign NDA stating they weren't allowed to talk about it and the vast majority would respect that, but since there were hundreds, if not thousands, working on/in the videos, I'm surprised that someone didn't anonymously leak information about it in a time where it isn't that hard to do so anonymously. Hell, supply a photo or something and you could make a quick buck with the tabloids (though I imagine mobile phone usage was restricted on set).

For that, I really respect the people who worked on her videos for keeping it a secret and in turn, respecting her work and vision :)

There's an interview with her creative director for this whole project, and he talks about how quiet it was being kept.
Even when shooting in public, if people would ask, they would just say "it may come out next year, or not at all".

Some stuff was even shot under the guise of just her out and about or like you said, a photoshoot. She was touring this whole time too, so she was going around the world anyway.

There's an interview with her creative director for this whole project, and he talks about how quiet it was being kept.
Even when shooting in public, if people would ask, they would just say "it may come out next year, or not at all".

Some stuff was even shot under the guise of just her out and about or like you said, a photoshoot. She was touring this whole time too, so she was going around the world anyway.

Ahh ok! Yeah, I think a lot of people (like me) just assumed it was an additional photoshoot for the tour or an upcoming magazine interview or something!

So Beyonce does the surprise to do big start purchase. And now at the store I saw the CD.. It had a large booklet and DVD included.. They planned this so well! Its going to be the best selling album of 2013 very likely

Back