Inside the O2 Arena: Size, Pics, Videos... [All threads merged]

NEW PICS!

Ok I have your attention!

As I said before I was at the O2 the other night for a Simply Red concert, the 2nd April 09, and as promised, here are the pictures on the album on my website!

http://mjjosullivan.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=1

Hope they help! Useful pictures on all 4 pages so be sure to look at them all! Look at the bottom right hand side of the page for the different page numbers (1, 2, 3, 4). 41 pictures in total! My sister took some good ones as well I will have them soon!
Sorry it took so long but I flew home to Ireland the next day and I have had house work to do since!

I decided 41 pictures would be a hefty lot to upload on the forum posts so I just put them on my site and you can all look at them there, I hope you don't mind!

Thank you very much for taking the time to do this.

Thank you so much MJJOS! I bought a ticket from viagogo a few weeks ago, block A2, row G. Looking at those photos I felt like crying out of happiness, cuz I just realized what an incredible view it'll be.. And how close to the stage it is, omg... :wild: I can't wait 'til July!!

Here are the two clips! Sorry but my camera is not very good quality for videos! Look better if you watch them in high quality by clicking the HQ button!

Thank you very much! I have photos helped, that would provide O2, now I am fully confident that all will see and hear. You well done!

MJJOS could you actually see Mick properly without having to zoom in on your camera lense?

The stage looks closer in the pics than it does in the vids...

Here are the two clips! Sorry but my camera is not very good quality for videos! Look better if you watch them in high quality by clicking the HQ button!

&nbsp
&nbsp

&nbsp
&nbsp

How was the sound quality in the o2??

Thanks MJJOS for doing that! Makes me even more excited! *dances* :D

&nbsp
&nbsp

&nbsp
&nbsp

Thank you so much MJJOS for the pictures and videos :clapping:

Could you please tell me what kind of camera you took them with? (it would help me understand the perspective). How big of a zoom does your camera have?

Did you take the videos with a video camera? (I want to know if they let you bring video cameras in).

Thanks in advance

okay im gonna ask u guys a question...i bout tickets from ticketmaster but they are from BK 410, i was thinking of selling them and buying better seats from viagogo.com, do you all think this is a good idea???

okay im gonna ask u guys a question...i bout tickets from ticketmaster but they are from BK 410, i was thinking of selling them and buying better seats from viagogo.com, do you all think this is a good idea???

I dunno about viagogo but before selling your tix make sure there are others available on viagogo and that you'll be able to buy them after selling your tix not to end up with no tix at all.

^^

And remember if you sell your tickets on viagogo, you won't get the money till the person you sell them to actually have the tickets. So maybe wait till you have them in your hand?

Hi all!

Thanks for all the positive feedback on my photos!
I used a Canon Powershot A620, which is a 7 megapixel digital camera to take the photos, I did not have a camcorder with me, and I am glad I didnt!

Security was very tight. They were all over the place. Like I commented on one of the photos, our tickets were checked twice, and people were searched twice, with a scanner for peoples bags, and a detector for scanning people! All womans handbags were searched and I was asked to empty my bulgy pockets. I had my camera, she was a nice woman and she just said be careful incase someone see the bulgy pocket and pickpockets the camera from behind me. I'd say though they were not all as nice as her because they looked very serious!

When we got into the arena, a guy checks your ticket at the soor to your block and shows you to your seat. He stood there for the whole concert, I was sitting close to the door. So I certainly would not stand up with a camcorder with him there or I wouldnt want to be bringing one in with all the searches! Lots of people use the recording mode on their digital cameras without anyone saying anything! Thats how I got my footages above!

As you noticed alot of the pictures were a bit blurry. You have to keep that camera very still to take a good shot, and with all the moving around going on on stage and the changing lights and projection screens it was not easy!

I will be uploading more pictures today! I took them with my sisters camera, a Canon Isus 990 or something like that (I will find out the exact model and tell you!) and that is a 10 megapixel camera, and the pictures I took on her camera are of a muchg higher quality, far more detailed and it reacted to the lighting and movements without any problems! So stay tuned, the average sizes of the shots I uploaded yesterday were 350kb, these new shots are 3mb average so its taking longer! I will post here when they are up and they will be on a new album on my site!

Finally, yes I saw Mick very easily! I could see the outlines of his mouth and eyes but I couldnt make out detailed facial features! You will have no problem seeing MJ dance, I can honestly say there does not appear to be one bad seat in the place!
Id say these photos best show what Mick looked like from where I was sitting:
http://mjjosullivan.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=35
http://mjjosullivan.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=9
http://mjjosullivan.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=37

Remember all these shots were taken from Block 407.

Back soon with the new shots!

Thanks MJJOS, I'll be seated in Block 109, in the other rear corner, so I guess my view will be similar though lower down.

Some of you pictures don't seem to be working tho.

MORE NEW PICS!

Firstly Ill check out to see are the pictures working! Nobody else seems to have had a problem!
Secondly yes professional video cameras are not allowed. Digital cameras are allowed! Technically you should not record videos with them, but alot of people were doing it anyway, still with the security around I would not want to be seen doing it!
There is a notice up on every door into every block saying no professional cameras or audio/video recording equipment allowed!

Right guys I have the new photos I promised for you!

You will find them here:
http://mjjosullivan.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=2

These were taken with a 10 megapixel Canon Ixus 9515, again all from blcok 407!
All these photos are much more detailed so even if you have seen the old ones they are still worth a look, no blurring and it caught the projection screens and lighting without any problems!
I also toook 1 video on that camera and i will upload it shortly.

Enjoy!

Right bobmoo79,

I have just gone through every image and they are all working fine!
So I would suggest trying again!

Thanks for photos, but when I open them, they get too big for the screen, is there a way to make them look smaller? Can't really see the view as i have to scroll the photo

Thanks for photos, but when I open them, they get too big for the screen, is there a way to make them look smaller? Can't really see the view as i have to scroll the photo

Save it on your computer?

^

takes a long time to download

Michael, what do you mean by professional cameras ?

and are you sure the normal digital cameras are allowed ?

Back