Interview with Jonathan Moffett - Longtime Drummer of Michael Jackson

Thanks for posting.

My favorite part;
[People would say, "Michael’s coming," and everybody got nervous. As soon as you had the vision of him, even just knowing he was coming, you felt something, like a tingle happening. Just to watch him walk through the door, it’s like all the molecules in the air stop and you can pinch them with your finger; pick them up. It’s like you could see the smallest speck; you could see the molecules in the air when Michael walked in the room. He changed them; the molecular structure of the air. And that’s the equation of what happens when Michael enters, and everybody in the room felt it and knew it. Then their attitudes and personalities would change. They would perk up their attention, but they would always say, “There’s something with him. When he came in I got nervous. I felt something!” And I would hear that over and over again and I would say, “I know, I know. I’ve been feeling it for thirty years.”

And he was just so pleasant; just something with his imagery. Everybody radiates from a different frequency, and Michael had the highest level of energy I think without being from another world. His gift and his humanity of spirit were just so powerful and great and deep. He was a different human being from most of us; from all of us. He did affect everybody that came around him, from leaders of the world to normal folk, from children to people, grandmothers. Every single person that’s been around him said they felt something, that I remember seeing or talking to.]:angel:

that was wonderful and great as always to hear about the music and creativity,etc... great interview props to sugarfoot

"Whatever it cost; buying machinery for the hospitals all over the world, people have benefited from Michael’s gift of life, from the machines that keep these people alive at the hospitals. The kidney for a child, the transplants that Michael paid for out of his own pocket and asking for nothing, most people didn’t know about it until after he passed away or how much he really did. He asked for no publicity. He wasn’t in the newspaper. A foreign newspaper the next day didn’t credit him. That was one of his criteria; nobody knew. He didn’t want it to get publicity because he did it out of his heart."

And they still do not mention these things, but it should be told again and again and again!

Thank you Jonathan for this beautiful interview and
thank you Michael for being the sweetest and coolest person that ever lived!!!

I have been contacted by the Director of Publication of where this interview is from. I will share the relevant parts of the email.

I noticed that my interview with Jonathan Moffett has been posted on your website. I
really have no problem with it being there, but in my introduction to Dot to Dot:
Kepping Michael's Legacy Alive E-magazine I ask that permission be sought first
before posting anywhere.

This publication and its content is the property of the authors and the Michael
Jackson Tribute Portrait. Articles and exclusive interviews are copyrighted,
therefore there should be no republication without permission. You may email
editor@michaeljacksontributeportrait.com with any requests for republication. If
permission is given, credit must be given to the author, Dot to Dot: Keeping
Michael's Legacy Alive and the Michael Jackson Tribute Portrait. Links to the
article from the MJTP website should also be included.

The reason I am doing this is because people are just taking some of the content of
the magazine and running with it. They are posting it everywhere and sourcing where
it came from or crediting the author. Your website has has of cource added the
direct magazine link which I appreciate very much, and I also appreciate this
interviewed being shared. This is for all Michael's fans to read. Could I just ask
that perhaps this disclaimer be added to it with this link:
http://www.michaeljacksontributeportrait.com/magazine.php This will take people
to the MJTP site where the magazine resides, and they can access the articles from
there.

Once again, I appreciate you sharing this interview and for sourcing where it came
from.

In light of this I will edit the opening post of this thread with the necessarys. Thanks. :)

Moving this to the Legacy Project. It is important for us to archive any discussion that looks at Michael's work and his work ethic.

Moffet was an important part of Michael s life Great style to play drums ...great drummer

Back