Is "Invincible" as good as previous MJ's Albums ?

Is Invincible as Good as previous MJ's Albums...

• YES

Votes: 188 64.6%
  • NO

Votes: 103 35.4%

• Total voters
Invincible didn't have this Chance.
It wouldn't have made any difference to me, because the video that was made (You Rock My World) wasn't any good and didn't make any sense. To me a video has no bearing on a song's quality. It's just a commercial.

It wouldn't have made any difference to me, because the video that was made (You Rock My World) wasn't any good and didn't make any sense. To me a video has no bearing on a song's quality. It's just a commercial.

I agree ...the video of Yrmw is nothing in comparison of previous MJ videos.

But don't tell me that the videos of "smooth criminal" or "scream" or "bad" or "thriller" or even "jam" didn't help us to get into these songs...

Some of us wouldn't be fans without these videos...

Last edited:
I agree ...the video of Yrmw is nothing in comparison of previous MJ videos.

But don't tell me that the videos of "smooth criminal" or "scream" or "bad" or "thriller" didn't help us to get into these songs...

Some of us wouldn't be fans without these videos...

I have to say that the video of smooth criminal made me a fan of Michael.....
So, I definitely agree that promotion is very important and could make fans appreciate Invincible more.....

It's normal that Invincible wasn't gonna be another Bad or Thriller. Not as in how good those albums were or whatever. But it was a new era and Michael was always ahead of time. Invincible shows that very well. This album really needed to grow on me and even now I still discover little things in songs that I had never heard before. Like any album it has favourite songs and songs that I like less.

I would like to hear the album the way Michael intended it to be. Because as far as I know this Invincible is not the version he wanted. It was changed after Sony said no to some songs.

As we're talking favourites, this is my list of albums: Bad>Dangerous>Thriller>Invincible>History>Blood on the dancefloor>Off the wall
Bad is always first for me, the rest varies through the months hahahaha. Depends on my mood.

I know I'm supposed to say 'no' .. but I said 'yes'. I LOVE that album, there are some great songs on there. It might not be the Michael we're used in some parts, but I love it. I do think it's a shame that there are like no videos or anything from that album, if there was we'd have heard more of those songs as they'd be on these video channels that play MJ videos a lot of the time. I think I prefer it more than History and Blood on the dancefloor. Invincible is definitely underrated and too ignored!

the result of the poll is the same in France...

Invincible isn't a bad album, but I don't think it's as good as his previous ones.

I'm glad to see that nobody hate this album at least...

I'm glad to see that nobody hate this album at least...

Hate is not justifiable. And your question wasn't even about hate. It's not as good as his other albums, I can say that much. But for an album to even warrant a comparison to his older work MUST be good on overall standards. Don't worry, Vince is a good album.... it's just not as good.

It wouldn't have made any difference to me, because the video that was made (You Rock My World) wasn't any good and didn't make any sense.

I agree...I was never a fan of YRMW video...it's good...but not exceptional like his other stuff...

yes, but a better video on you rock, Unbreakable or Threatened would have change everything...

To me...it's even better than History...

I agree. HIStory just is good in the view of fan because the lyrics says very much about MJ and it's so personal! Just it. What History has of better than this?

Invincible maybe didn't have a good promotios and his only one clip can be weak but it has much more the HIStory, ''musically talking''. Maybe Vince didn't please a lot of the fans but...

About the video, ok I say, the video of YRMW is weak and the coreography is poor. It's the case where the video dimishes the music, ontherwise we have... can anyone tell other MJ's video you think isn't good enough to the music? Because I'm can't talk bad about the lyrics of YANA...

About the video, ok I say, the video of YRMW is weak and the coreography is poor.

I have to disagree....Although, I'm not a big fan of the video, I thought the choreography was great....more so Michael's solo dancing though....

YRMW video is awful. If anyone had made it instead of Mike you'd all agree. It's like someone watered down Smooth Criminal a million times.

There about 2 3 second moments of Mike Magic in there and that's it. The second I saw it my heart sunk. For the first time ever Michael had released a leading single that wasn't brilliant. I hoped it was a ploy that the best was to come a la preceding Billie Jean with The Girl Is Mine or Bad with I Just Can't Stop Loving You and maybe it was, but 2001 wasn't the time for games, they should have started with a storming track that no-one expected, such as Whatever Happens.

Either way, even if you like Invincible there is no way anyone can say it is anywhere near on a par with Thriller, Bad or Dangerous.

YRMW as a song is actually vintage MJ to my ears. It has a great bassline, a brilliant groove and a really timeless sound. It may not have been the best choice for a lead single (it's not anything we haven't already heard him do before), but it's a quality track which holds up alongside the best dance tracks from his career. And it's definately the best up-tempo on the album.

I concur that the video was a shocker though. He clearly wasn't comfortable showing his face at the time, which is why I think the video seems to be "101-ways-to-avoid-any-close-ups."

YRMW video is awful. If anyone had made it instead of Mike you'd all agree. It's like someone watered down Smooth Criminal a million times.

Either way, even if you like Invincible there is no way anyone can say it is anywhere near on a par with Thriller, Bad or Dangerous.

I thought the same thing about it being like a watered down version of SC, which is my fave Mike video...And I agree with the second paragraph...Invincible is a good album, but since when do we describe a Michael Jackson as simply just "good" ?? therefore, definitely not on par with the rest of his albums...

All I can say...that album is brilliant. I love it. I love it. I was in 7th heaven when it got out.
It it still to be discovered.

I love Speechless. Imagine if this song has video. Rock My World is good too. It's easy to dance into this song. As said by some members, I agreed that Invicible has different musical styles. I think we have all accustomed with the funk jam, bass line, etc Michael did in his previous album. I cant say I don't like Invincible. It's the Sony to blame for not promoting Invincible :(

Invincible is the best album ever made and YRMW is the best video ever made!

"Invincible" is different. As all his albums. He's pioneer, inventor. IMO, all his albums are different and all of them were at least one step forward before all the other artists. And so it it with "Invincible" I remember listening to it for the first time, then on cassette: by first lines of "Unbreakable" I was like: :eek:hmy2: But in positive way. Wow! Now, I love it even more. You've got here electro sounds, beats, high technology and on the other side Michael with his beautiful vocals and calm ballads.
I think, if Michael had a chance to promote it in his own way, to start with "Unbreakable", to release more singles, album would get the attention it should have gotten. But still we, the fans, know what is good and IMO, "Invincible" - is even better ;)

Invincible isn't as good as previous MJ's albums. It's better. ;)

But I still voted for "yes". Invincible is my favourite album ever. Second would be Dangerous. ;)

1. Dangerous
2. Bad
3. Thriller
4. HIStory
5. BOTDF
6. Invincible
7. Off The Wall

Having said that, they're all better than 99.99999999999999999% of all other albums out there bar a few of The Beatles' records and the odd smash here and there...

Back