Jackson 5: Live At The Forum (Realeased Soon)

Hey got it at HMV :D
Thanks Love! :)
Sorry lol why can't you get it?
Cuz, I have "a thing" about online ordering.
It scares me. :lol:
I wish I could walk into a store and just buy it! Dang!
gonna have to get this. have a few forum tracks on the jacksons american dream cd i bought at the time back in the mid 90's loved them to bits still do.cant listen to it but will keep it for later. as this release might become harder to get later on?
Yep. You'll have it for when you're ready. :)

I love the Jacksons early stuff.
I dont leave home w/o something 'Jackson' to listen to in my car.

*goes to listen to to Darling Dear*

beats live at yokahama?

Live in Yokohama is no way Michael's best live performance, so I would say YES, Live at The Forum beats it. Though when we get a proper Bad Tour release in the future, I'm sure that it will be one of the best concerts released EVER.

I just received Hello World today, michael's motowon solo albums collection, i can't wait to the forum cd's come!

I just received Hello World today, michael's motowon solo albums collection, i can't wait to the forum cd's come!
I wonder why some of the songs are called solo when the brothers can clearly be heard. It's the same thing with Jermaine's solo albums of the period. I don't have this box set but I have the original records. Although I would like to have the Farewell My Summer Love original mixes, and not the 1984 version.

I wonder why some of the songs are called solo when the brothers can clearly be heard. It's the same thing with Jermaine's solo albums of the period. I don't have this box set but I have the original records. Although I would like to have the Farewell My Summer Love original mixes, and not the 1984 version.
True but that's the way it is. In PYT we can hear latoya and janet but it's still considered michael's song. Solo artist can have back up singers. But i see the point with the mchael's solo songs as a kid, it's hard to distinguish the difference between his solo songs and Jackson 5 songs at times.

^^^^Janet & LaToya singing isn't the same thing since they were not a part of the J5 and P.Y.T. is clearly a Mike solo song. But Motown albums back then were usually slapped together. That's why Motown had many of the acts record the same songs. Marvin Gaye & Stevie Wonder had to fight to have artistic independence in the early 1970s.

Were the brothers credited as backing vocalists? If not, maybe they're just considered solo tracks because they appeared on albums with songs where the brothers did not sing the backing vocals.

At any rate, the live album is really great... MJ is absolutely flawless and the band is tight. Instantly one of my favorite live albums.

Were the brothers credited as backing vocalists? If not, maybe they're just considered solo tracks because they appeared on albums with songs where the brothers did not sing the backing vocals.
Motown albums at the time never had credits on them, that's why no one knew who the Funk Brothers and other musicians that played on the songs were until decades later. Like I mentioned, albums weren't the focus, singles were. They were just slapped together around the hit single. I think Marvin Gaye's What's Going On is the 1st Motown album to have musicians credits and lyrics on it, and that's just because Marvin insisted that they do so. J5 albums didn't have credits, they just had those J5 fan club ads or pictures of other Motown albums on the record liner.

Live in Yokohama is no way Michael's best live performance,
talking adult mj or all eras? whats the best in your opinion?

bought the album off hmv arrived within a couple of days. loved reading the inside credits and looking at the pictures although it brough many sighs looking at little mj. i managed to get through the booklet till the very last page when it said mj and those three letters. then the tears came. one part of me really wants to listen to it as its a release post june and i havnt heard the songs b4 bar a couple. so theres not so much of a connection to when things were good.but another part of me worries about how ill feel. iam desperate to hear aint no sushine live though. sounds amazing from the reviews. anyway at least i have it. even if it sat on myself tempting me saying play me play me!

I'll be getting this as soon as I'm paid (damn last working day wages payments!! :p). I've seen it on lots of online shops but can't find the CD on play.com. I know its not the only one out there but its the place I use the most :mello:

Mine just came in the mail today and i'm listening to it now, it's amazing so far. It's been a while since i heard a show 100% live :) I definitely recommend this. I wish the footage was released.

It is some time since I got mine... I am still listening to it almost all the time. I love this release, especially cd 2. Can't stop smiling while listening ti it. I just love 'stop the love you save', when the band wants to finish the song and Michael still sings. Its' just pure joy.

I bought the album a few days ago..I couldn't resist when I saw it lol will listen to it when I'm back home in a few weeks. ;)

Back