Jackson ordered to pay law firm $175K

While it is true that some performers have been cheated out of their money, most of the really successful ones have actually managed to hold on to them. I don't see Madonna, Oprah, Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, Tom Cruise and the rest of the extremely wealthy and successful ones being sued once a week for non payment of bills. Surely, at this point in time, all of them are wealthier than MJ. What's their magic formula?

I don't know enough about MJ's business to pinpoint the problem, but I find it hard to believe that you can pin it all on some sort of conspiracy. The idea strikes me that perhaps MJ is a poor judge of charachter and employs all the wrong people. He used to work with top people like Johan Branca and Frank Dileo and had huge commercial and financial success. Yet he chose to get rid of them in favour of the Dieters and Shaffels. He has to take some of the responsibilty for that. If he wants to hold on to his money, he needs to be hands on. If he can't deal with too complicated businesses, he must simplify. It doesn't do to put yourself in a situation you can't handle and then blame everybody else. I realize that the trial was a particularly hard time, but the problems seem to have been ongoing.[/b]
I agree. Michael is in the same industry as Paul M, Madonna, Mick Jagger, Jay Z, etc and are not going through this? You even now have John Landas, Bruce Sweden (men whom were very close to Michael and who not suing MIchael even though they claim to be owed).

While it is true that some performers have been cheated out of their money, most of the really successful ones have actually managed to hold on to them. I don't see Madonna, Oprah, Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, Tom Cruise and the rest of the extremely wealthy and successful ones being sued once a week for non payment of bills. Surely, at this point in time, all of them are wealthier than MJ. What's their magic formula?

I don't know enough about MJ's business to pinpoint the problem, but I find it hard to believe that you can pin it all on some sort of conspiracy. The idea strikes me that perhaps MJ is a poor judge of charachter and employs all the wrong people. He used to work with top people like Johan Branca and Frank Dileo and had huge commercial and financial success. Yet he chose to get rid of them in favour of the Dieters and Shaffels. He has to take some of the responsibilty for that. If he wants to hold on to his money, he needs to be hands on. If he can't deal with too complicated businesses, he must simplify. It doesn't do to put yourself in a situation you can't handle and then blame everybody else. I realize that the trial was a particularly hard time, but the problems seem to have been ongoing.[/b]
I agree. Michael is in the same industry as Paul M, Madonna, Mick Jagger, Jay Z, etc and are not going through this? You even now have John Landas, Bruce Sweden (men whom were very close to Michael and who not suing MIchael even though they claim to be owed).

Sure MJ has a responsibility and I am not saying that everybody is always lying about everything, there are lawsuits that do have merit. But for example I am waiting for the outcome in the lawsuit there MJ is saying that the accountants took money from his account but did not pay the bills. It there is proof for that, which I am still waiting to see, it can explain a lot I beleive. And if they did that to Madonna for example she would get a lot of problem as well. Sure MJ might be a bit naive but I think there are signs that people have been deliberately working to sabotage him, call it "conspiracy" or whatever you want. I think it is to early to say definetly.

By Associated Press
December 26, 2006, 8:17 AM EST

LOS ANGELES -- Michael Jackson is suing his former accountants, claiming they withdrew $2.5 million a year from his bank accounts but did not properly pay his bills.

The lawsuit by Jackson and MJJ Productions Inc. was filed Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court against Bernstein, Fox, Whitman, Goldman & Sloan, alleging negligence and breach of fiduciary duty.

The lawsuit asks for unspecified damages and for an accounting of money the defendants received for services.

Jackson hired the Los Angeles-based firm in 2003 for bookkeeping, opening bank accounts and filing personal, corporate and real estate taxes, the lawsuit stated.

However, Jackson alleges the accountants hired people and entered into contracts on his behalf without getting his permission.

The accountants also did not communicate directly with Jackson or keep him apprised of his financial affairs, according to the lawsuit.

Sure MJ has a responsibility and I am not saying that everybody is always lying about everything, there are lawsuits that do have merit. But for example I am waiting for the outcome in the lawsuit there MJ is saying that the accountants took money from his account but did not pay the bills. It there is proof for that, which I am still waiting to see, it can explain a lot I beleive. And if they did that to Madonna for example she would get a lot of problem as well. Sure MJ might be a bit naive but I think there are signs that people have been deliberately working to sabotage him, call it "conspiracy" or whatever you want. I think it is to early to say definetly.

By Associated Press
December 26, 2006, 8:17 AM EST

LOS ANGELES -- Michael Jackson is suing his former accountants, claiming they withdrew $2.5 million a year from his bank accounts but did not properly pay his bills.

The lawsuit by Jackson and MJJ Productions Inc. was filed Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court against Bernstein, Fox, Whitman, Goldman & Sloan, alleging negligence and breach of fiduciary duty.

The lawsuit asks for unspecified damages and for an accounting of money the defendants received for services.

Jackson hired the Los Angeles-based firm in 2003 for bookkeeping, opening bank accounts and filing personal, corporate and real estate taxes, the lawsuit stated.

However, Jackson alleges the accountants hired people and entered into contracts on his behalf without getting his permission.

The accountants also did not communicate directly with Jackson or keep him apprised of his financial affairs, according to the lawsuit.

I've got the impression that John Landis got to be paid by Sony/ATV not by Michael as an individual. Two different entities here - ine a corporate bussiness the other an individual. Go back and read what Landis has said, he mentioned Sony also.... so cannot sue Michael alone, as an individual, he got to sue Sony/Atv as a business if he want his money.

Sony/Atv is still owing Michael also a lot money for those unreportted selled cds ( through years ). Around 2000, Michael has said that they owe him millions of $.

I've got the impression that John Landis got to be paid by Sony/ATV not by Michael as an individual. Two different entities here - ine a corporate bussiness the other an individual. Go back and read what Landis has said, he mentioned Sony also.... so cannot sue Michael alone, as an individual, he got to sue Sony/Atv as a business if he want his money.

Sony/Atv is still owing Michael also a lot money for those unreportted selled cds ( through years ). Around 2000, Michael has said that they owe him millions of $.

:blink: Am I the only one somewhat confused about this whole case?

Zia Moddaber - $400,000
Brian Oxman - $1,250,000
Michael Sydow - $1,000,000
Bob Sanger - $1,200,000
Michael Abelson - $100,000 (Lawsuit already filed, ongoing)
Lavely & Singer - $100,000 (Lawsuit already filed, settled)
David LeGrand - Unspecified
Randy Jackson - $1,650,000
Tyuna Zilke - $50,000
Stabler & Associates - $100,000[/b]

Did I miss something, i'm not great with following these law suits. Is the Randy Jackson named above Michael's brother or is it a simple name coincidence?

If so why the hell is he suing his brother for 1.5 million dollars! If my brother did that to me i'd never speak to him again!..whether I had the money to pay it or not...

:blink: Am I the only one somewhat confused about this whole case?

Zia Moddaber - $400,000
Brian Oxman - $1,250,000
Michael Sydow - $1,000,000
Bob Sanger - $1,200,000
Michael Abelson - $100,000 (Lawsuit already filed, ongoing)
Lavely & Singer - $100,000 (Lawsuit already filed, settled)
David LeGrand - Unspecified
Randy Jackson - $1,650,000
Tyuna Zilke - $50,000
Stabler & Associates - $100,000[/b]

Did I miss something, i'm not great with following these law suits. Is the Randy Jackson named above Michael's brother or is it a simple name coincidence?

If so why the hell is he suing his brother for 1.5 million dollars! If my brother did that to me i'd never speak to him again!..whether I had the money to pay it or not...

If so why the hell is he suing his brother for 1.5 million dollars! If my brother did that to me i'd never speak to him again!..whether I had the money to pay it or not...[/b]
I have not heard that he is suing him. But they claimed in this lawsuit that MJ also owe this people money.

If so why the hell is he suing his brother for 1.5 million dollars! If my brother did that to me i'd never speak to him again!..whether I had the money to pay it or not...[/b]
I have not heard that he is suing him. But they claimed in this lawsuit that MJ also owe this people money.

Sony/Atv is still owing Michael also a lot money for those unreportted selled cds ( through years ). Around 2000, Michael has said that they owe him millions of $.[/b]

Landis expressly said that his deal was with Michael's company, i.e. MJJ Productions. Fans simply decided for themselves that he must have been talking about Sony when he clearly wasn't.

Nobody's calling Mike a bad person because he's in debt. I'm just saying that he must take some of the responsibility for what's happened, clear up the mess and learn from it.

Sony/Atv is still owing Michael also a lot money for those unreportted selled cds ( through years ). Around 2000, Michael has said that they owe him millions of $.[/b]

Landis expressly said that his deal was with Michael's company, i.e. MJJ Productions. Fans simply decided for themselves that he must have been talking about Sony when he clearly wasn't.

Nobody's calling Mike a bad person because he's in debt. I'm just saying that he must take some of the responsibility for what's happened, clear up the mess and learn from it.

That needs to be repeated, it seems to be a very important part of this issue, that is being over looked by some.[/b]
Michael was being done like this even before the trial. The trial only made more problems.

That needs to be repeated, it seems to be a very important part of this issue, that is being over looked by some.[/b]
Michael was being done like this even before the trial. The trial only made more problems.

I don't see Madonna, Oprah, Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, Tom Cruise and the rest of the extremely wealthy and successful ones being sued once a week for non payment of bills. Surely, at this point in time, all of them are wealthier than MJ. What's their magic formula?[/b]

Not necessarily, you would be surprised at what does not make it to the media with a lot of celebrities.

I just laugh at these threads because I simply can never understand why a certain percentage of fans think everything is as simple as abc and Michael should just pay his bills. To put it bluntly you can't be that stupid about life. It ain't that simple. And these matters take years to complete, especially legal matters. Honestly I wonder about people sometimes. Michael has his reasons. This particlar lawsuit isn't new it has been going back and forth in court for some time and Michael rightly felt he wanted to fight and make his point. That's his choice. Not any stupid fan who just gets upset about it because they don't want to read about it. Boo Hoo!! He may want to pay other bills before this one, less important. Let them sweat.

And its Michael Jackson fans that live in NEVERLAND. That's a certain fact. We know nothing about what goes on behind the scenes. That's his life. Nothing to do with any silly fan. He doesn't give a crap at what any fan or stranger thinks about his business because no one knows his business.

To just make a statement that Michael is living in Neverland and should just simply pay his bills is plain ridiculous. You know nothing at all about his life or situation yet you disrespect the man by making a negative assumption. Makes no sense.

I don't see Madonna, Oprah, Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, Tom Cruise and the rest of the extremely wealthy and successful ones being sued once a week for non payment of bills. Surely, at this point in time, all of them are wealthier than MJ. What's their magic formula?[/b]

Not necessarily, you would be surprised at what does not make it to the media with a lot of celebrities.

I just laugh at these threads because I simply can never understand why a certain percentage of fans think everything is as simple as abc and Michael should just pay his bills. To put it bluntly you can't be that stupid about life. It ain't that simple. And these matters take years to complete, especially legal matters. Honestly I wonder about people sometimes. Michael has his reasons. This particlar lawsuit isn't new it has been going back and forth in court for some time and Michael rightly felt he wanted to fight and make his point. That's his choice. Not any stupid fan who just gets upset about it because they don't want to read about it. Boo Hoo!! He may want to pay other bills before this one, less important. Let them sweat.

And its Michael Jackson fans that live in NEVERLAND. That's a certain fact. We know nothing about what goes on behind the scenes. That's his life. Nothing to do with any silly fan. He doesn't give a crap at what any fan or stranger thinks about his business because no one knows his business.

To just make a statement that Michael is living in Neverland and should just simply pay his bills is plain ridiculous. You know nothing at all about his life or situation yet you disrespect the man by making a negative assumption. Makes no sense.

Fans come out swinging cos most of them watched this nonsense happening for 20+ years. It wears a lil thin.

Fans come out swinging cos most of them watched this nonsense happening for 20+ years. It wears a lil thin.

Now that Michael has had some much needed downtime, and is starting over, he will have a good opportunity to become more involved in the business side of his life.

Before now, his life was moving very, very fast from childhood straight up to adulthood.

He’s been going from city to city, state to state, and country to country.

He’s been pumping out album after album after album since 1969.

He’s been putting on concert after concert after concert for people that always want more.

He’s been in countless rehearsals.

He’s been attending countless functions.

He’s been in photo shoots since he hit the music scene.

He really did not have much time to get involved in the business side of things. That side of his life was always ran for him by others.

It is NOT Michael Jackson’s fault that his life started off the way that it did.

He was very young when the adults in his life PLACED HIM on the road to stardom.

Michael DID NOT place himself on this road, but he’s been there ever since being placed on it, and he’s been trying to do his best to make some good come out of it.

Lighten up on him about his finances. Give him a break.

And if some of you do not want to give him a break about that side of his life, then maybe you should stop asking him for more music and concerts.

Now that Michael has had some much needed downtime, and is starting over, he will have a good opportunity to become more involved in the business side of his life.

Before now, his life was moving very, very fast from childhood straight up to adulthood.

He’s been going from city to city, state to state, and country to country.

He’s been pumping out album after album after album since 1969.

He’s been putting on concert after concert after concert for people that always want more.

He’s been in countless rehearsals.

He’s been attending countless functions.

He’s been in photo shoots since he hit the music scene.

He really did not have much time to get involved in the business side of things. That side of his life was always ran for him by others.

It is NOT Michael Jackson’s fault that his life started off the way that it did.

He was very young when the adults in his life PLACED HIM on the road to stardom.

Michael DID NOT place himself on this road, but he’s been there ever since being placed on it, and he’s been trying to do his best to make some good come out of it.

Lighten up on him about his finances. Give him a break.

And if some of you do not want to give him a break about that side of his life, then maybe you should stop asking him for more music and concerts.

Well, it' s not the point what they are worth or if lawyers generally are overpaid! If you hire them, you gotta pay them and all these lawsuits about unpaid bills and unfullfilled promises are getting ridiculous and I kinda stop to believe that all of those people, who sue Michael, are crooks and only out for Michael's money! Something is seriously wrong here and he needs to finally get his shit together![/b]
umm yes it is the point! These lawyers purposely come up with bogus charges to inflate the bill. That's nothing but robbery. PERIOD. And of course if you hire them you have to pay them, but they only need to be paid the amount that they did work for, and maybe michael would not have a problem paying them. If someone only did 500k of work why in the world would I pay them 5mil just cuz they charged me that. :blink: . I don't blame michael.

You got all these crooks around michael, and some of them were not even hired by mike first handed (ex: randy bring in ppl, marc S being fired and rehired not by mike), and they are the main ones sticking their greedy, non deserving, hands in the cookie jar. Please.

And it kills me how some ppl on this board or anywhere else for that matter can get a paragraph of info on ONE business matter and come to conclusions on 10 others about michael's business affairs. We don't know JACK. Literally! Some want to act like michael does a 9-5, makes $30,000 a yr, lives in an apt, has 2 credit cards, pays phone, light, rent, and should just " PAY HIS BILLS. His life ain't that simple :rolleyes:

When you making Bookou money in your sleep, when you start buying multi-million dollar homes, when you own half of Sony/atv/beatles catalog (and some) and everybody and their granny wants to take it from you, when you have survived the music business 35 plus yrs and still holding your own, when you get A major tv station to allow black artist to be played on that station, when you have the biggest selling album and is the biggest selling artist of all time, and after you have done all that, you go through a SHAM of a trial and have hundreds of crooks robbing you blind and not paying your employee and you STILL COME OUT STRONG without having to file bankrupt and still chilling in the world finest hotels/castles, then and only then is when you can give michael some business advice (cuz you are officially on HIS level) and can tell him to just "PAY HIS BILL!" :zformation: :zformation:

rwss and mjoutsider ya'll on point! :kickass2:

Well, it' s not the point what they are worth or if lawyers generally are overpaid! If you hire them, you gotta pay them and all these lawsuits about unpaid bills and unfullfilled promises are getting ridiculous and I kinda stop to believe that all of those people, who sue Michael, are crooks and only out for Michael's money! Something is seriously wrong here and he needs to finally get his shit together![/b]
umm yes it is the point! These lawyers purposely come up with bogus charges to inflate the bill. That's nothing but robbery. PERIOD. And of course if you hire them you have to pay them, but they only need to be paid the amount that they did work for, and maybe michael would not have a problem paying them. If someone only did 500k of work why in the world would I pay them 5mil just cuz they charged me that. :blink: . I don't blame michael.

You got all these crooks around michael, and some of them were not even hired by mike first handed (ex: randy bring in ppl, marc S being fired and rehired not by mike), and they are the main ones sticking their greedy, non deserving, hands in the cookie jar. Please.

And it kills me how some ppl on this board or anywhere else for that matter can get a paragraph of info on ONE business matter and come to conclusions on 10 others about michael's business affairs. We don't know JACK. Literally! Some want to act like michael does a 9-5, makes $30,000 a yr, lives in an apt, has 2 credit cards, pays phone, light, rent, and should just " PAY HIS BILLS. His life ain't that simple :rolleyes:

When you making Bookou money in your sleep, when you start buying multi-million dollar homes, when you own half of Sony/atv/beatles catalog (and some) and everybody and their granny wants to take it from you, when you have survived the music business 35 plus yrs and still holding your own, when you get A major tv station to allow black artist to be played on that station, when you have the biggest selling album and is the biggest selling artist of all time, and after you have done all that, you go through a SHAM of a trial and have hundreds of crooks robbing you blind and not paying your employee and you STILL COME OUT STRONG without having to file bankrupt and still chilling in the world finest hotels/castles, then and only then is when you can give michael some business advice (cuz you are officially on HIS level) and can tell him to just "PAY HIS BILL!" :zformation: :zformation:

rwss and mjoutsider ya'll on point! :kickass2:

Rsw is on point. But Michael still has a little part in looking over people's shoulders to make sure his stiff is getting taken care of. Hopfeully, now he'll do that. But its hard for him;so many people are trying to break him.

Rsw is on point. But Michael still has a little part in looking over people's shoulders to make sure his stiff is getting taken care of. Hopfeully, now he'll do that. But its hard for him;so many people are trying to break him.

Back