Janet Jackson, along with dancers, will be paying tribute to Michael Jackson at 2009 MTV VMA's.

The thread got moved to the 'tribute' section.
I thought this was more of 'news'. :S
Since it's his own sister that's doing it.

Oh well.

*falls out of chair*

OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

This must be a tribute to Mike for his influence on dancing!! All those people listed are choreographers!

OMFGGGGGGGGG!! I'M SO EXCITED! JANET'S GOING TO SHUT IT DOWN!!
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

It sounds really great!!! Nice... I'm remembering MJ's MTV VMA95 performance:)
That's one of his greatest perform, I think
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Great news if true! Janet is the person i'd like to see most take part in an MJ tribute because she is family and talented in her own right. I think she would do a great job. I hope this actually happens.

apparently some rehearsals have lasted 15 hours? wow!

Wow! This should be good! Shame it's on MTV though.

yea with the crap they have pulled b4 ...

This is cool, cant wait!

OMG!!!!!!!!

See, this is what I'm talking about.

JANET is going to do it RIGHT.

You go girl & can't wait to see you!!!

BABY SIS GONNA REPRESENT HER BIG BRO. YAY!!!!!

That's very nice.. I wish strength to Janet. :huggy:

"Once Janet is finished honoring her brother, Grant tells us "there won't be a dry eye in the house."
:bugeyed i guess i know who i am going to be watching with.

love you janet!:cheeky:

Is there a way to find out exactly what time during the show that Janet will perform? The only reason I'd watch the VMA's, or even MTV, is to see Janet doing this tribute. It'd be nice if we could find out when she'll be on so I don't have to watch the entire show.

Gil just posted this on Face Book:

Oh TMZ and PEREZ. Get the facts straight.......lol

Wonder what's up and what they got wrong? lol

he also posted :

Q: Is Janet Performing at VMA's?

Not true. there is a tribute with 20 dancers though. And no_ frank Gatson -etc isnt getting the tribute together. lol-- oh TMZ and Perez

Gil is Janet's Choreographer and friend.

I would have loved to see Janet dancing. I was also hoping that Omar would be dancing.

It would be nice to see Janet do a tribute for Michael in some way, she's my second favorite behind Michael :)

Last edited:
I'm looking forward this. Some of the greatest choreographers are working on this, I'm sure it's going to be a fitting tribute for Michael. I wish nothing but the best for Janet. I have so much respect for her, such a classy woman.

Didn't Wade say that Janet would perform?

Last edited:
That is one major line up of dancers. I think this performance will put BET's tribute to shame. I am so excited and am happy and proud of Janet. I'm glad to see Wade and Chris there but really excited to see what Mia Michaels will do!!!!

Hmm. .. Interesting. TMZ reports that Janet would be part of the tribute. Now someone working with the tribute says that Janet is NOT part of the tribute.

I think Janet's participation was supposed to be a SECRET! Dang people ruining secrets!

Someone is doing a tribute, I hope it's Janet, I seen her in concert and she is amazing. She hasn't done anything so far at all.

It is looking more and more true guys!

Various tweets are proving it. I can't be bothered posting them, going to bed lol. But you will find out Im sure. It is looking more than likely that Janet will be part of it.

Somebody jumped the gun on this one......Wade announced it, now Gil is denying.......

I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I better damn not waste my time watching this show and see no Janet!

Maybe it's a suprise? Hmmm if it's true this is going to be amazing! Tina back with Janet.

I know I'm jumping the gun now but I was thinking about it last night:

Video Montage of Michael/Janet
Janet comes out and performs a ballad: Music & Me/Together Again (A capella Intro)
MJ Dance Medley (Not singing, just dancing): Billie Jean, Dangerous (with Janet interludes MJ used to use), Don't stop til' you get enough.

Music stops. "Edit"

Video backdrop comes up from the ground feat. Michael Jackson.
"Scream" dance break begins. Janet performs the break like in the video next to mic.

"Together Again" - Finish.

MTV confirmed it:

http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/2009/09/0...as-with-a-musical-tribute-to-michael-jackson/

Believe what you heard. Janet Jackson WILL open the 2009 MTV VMAs on Sunday, September 13 with a very special musical tribute to her late brother, Michael Jackson.

A Janet Jackson appearance is enough to keep you glued to your TV, but Janet Jackson paying tribute to Michael Jackson's memory is going to be simply unmissable.

We'll let you know more once we get to Radio City and give you backstage access to the VMAs all weekend.

But until then, watch Janet and Michael Jackson team up in their epic "Scream" video -- it won three VMAs in 1995 -- and tell us how you think Janet Jackson should open the 2009 MTV VMAs.

If she even sings one note of Together Again.. I know the tears will start.
That is a perfect song to perform to in remberance of Michael

If she even sings one note of Together Again.. I know the tears will start.
That is a perfect song to perform to in remberance of Michael
I know :cry: That song has a totally different meaning for me now..

I'm surprised Shawnette is not a part of it anyway what happened between Janet and Tina?

Tina was upset with Janet because Janet knew that her then finance was cheating on her and Janet didn't tell Tina. Tina felt that as a good friend that Janet should have said something. Janet felt that it was't her place to say anything and that Rob (the guy who was cheating) hsould have said something.

Janet talked to Rob and told him to tell Tina the truth but he wouldn't do it. When Tina found out she got pissed and they stopped being friends. Tina also says that many other things happened that went into them not being friends any longer.

Janet was friends with Rob as well because Tina and Rob met when Rob became a dancer for the Velvet Rope tour.

Janet told this story on Oprah but never said it was Tina and then Janet and Tina fans kind of figured it out. Eventually Tina talked about it on her website saying that there was more to it then that and she's surprised that Janet would claim it was primarily due to the incident with Rob.

I think Janet is having Tina because she choreographed Scream and also probably because her heart is heavy. Life is too short and I'm sure MJ dying made both their stances soften a bit. I'm glad they have apparently made some progress and I hope they can get some sort of relationship back. They will probably never be as close as they were but at least working things out is a positive thing.

Ugh, Perez Hilton but still... A picture from the set for the tribute

a29545427-56ff13d1ab8bce66a__oPt.jpg

I did see that Making of and was hoping someone could answer something for me. Mia Michaels was at the rehearsals but ended up NOT being in the final performance. Anyone know why?

I did see that Making of and was hoping someone could answer something for me. Mia Michaels was at the rehearsals but ended up NOT being in the final performance. Anyone know why?

I heard that she had injured her back, perhaps during the dress rehearsal because she did make it to NYC and i saw her in some of the rehearsals with the set.

Back