Janet Jackson Announces "UNBREAKABLE WORLD TOUR"!!!

Do you all think this will be the total of US cities in her tour? I didn't see Texas (or New York for that matter) on this list.
But she played here in 2010 so maybe that's too soon to come again??

No word on the brothers joining the tour. I was hoping they would. Darn.

I read somewhere else that these are just the tour dates that leaked so far, so there are possibly more. Official announcement is tomorrow apparently.

Sending out a major lulz to TinnyandOdd ;D

I know that many of those people have a thorn in their side when it comes to Janet, but still... Come on, guys.

This. It's so exhausting. Just go start a thread for Janet Haterz Only or something. It's like some just can't come in without stomping and pooping all over everything. And of all things to be affronted over, I don't think this is a wise use of energy.

oh thank you. I'd try to go see her if the guys were on a double bill. :)
I read a while back that the Jacksons were going to tour this summer and then go on the road with the Commodores later this year. I think Tito said it. So I doubt they'll perform with Janet.

barbee0715;4094468 said:
oh thank you. I'd try to go see her if the guys were on a double bill. :)

Ok, here's the official announcement:

With the whole world Lining Up, North America to be 1st Continent on Janet Jackson's Unbreakable World Tour

-Los Angeles (June 15,2015) – Music icon, multiple GRAMMY® Award-winner and multi-platinum selling artist today announced details of her highly anticipated international tour. The will return one of this world’s most influential entertainers back to the live stage in support of her upcoming album due out this Fall on Rhythm Nation Records/BMG. This first leg, a 36-date tour, 30 of which are promoted by Live Nation, will take the legendary artist to cities throughout the U.S. and Canada with shows lined up in Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, San Diego, San Francisco and more. All dates are being co-produced by Miss Jackson’s Rhythm Nation. A full list of tour dates is below.

Additional worldwide concerts will be announced at a later date.

Tickets for the first North American live performances will go on sale strating June 22 at JanetJackson.com. American Express Card members can purchase tickets for select shows before the general public beginning Monday, June 15 at 10:00 a.m. through Friday, June 19 at 10:00 pm. “American Express is thrilled to partner with an iconic artist like Janet Jackson on the UNBREAKABLE WORLD TOUR and bring our Card Members an opportunity to purchase tickets before the general on-sale date,” said Walter Frye, V.P., American Express Entertainment. “Adding Janet to our industry-leading ticketing partnerships is rooted in our mission to serve our Card Members’ deep passion for music.”

In addition to Live Nation and Rhythm Nation, other concert promoters will include Nederlander Concerts, Jam Productions, Another Planet Entertainment, and such promoters as Bamp and Tommy Meharey who will produce the Honolulu dates.

Janet Jackson is one of the most influential entertainers of the modern era. Her music has won her 6 GRAMMY® Awards, 2 Emmy Awards, a Golden Globe Award, a nomination for an Academy Award along with dozens of American Music Awards, MTV Video Music Awards, BET honoree, and Billboard Music Awards. She has received accolades as an actor as well including the NAACP Best Supporting Actor award. Janet is a published author, choreographer, dancer, businessperson, philanthropist and one of biggest-selling artists in popular music history. With sales of over 160 million records worldwide, Janet Jackson stands as one of the best-selling artists of all time with a string of hits that have left an indelible impression on pop culture. Her music and artistry has opened doors through which other top artists have followed, while acknowledging her impact on their musical perceptions.

http://www.janetjackson.com/news/all/janet-unbreakable-world-tour#.VX8e_VKLXVR

So these are official dates for now, but later there will be other dates added.

I read a while back that the Jacksons were going to tour this summer and then go on the road with the Commodores later this year. I think Tito said it. So I doubt they'll perform with Janet.

ok ngl - I've never had much interest in seeing the brothers (not because they suck, but just because of all the money-grabbing and the past 20 years of attempted tired reunions, ugh) but if they're performing with the Commodores? YES PLZ. That would be a blast!

If you don't want to see any bashing or criticism to your beloved Janet, you should go to a forum completely dedicated to her. I can't speak for all people but FYI, I don't hate her, I despise her.

ok ngl - I've never had much interest in seeing the brothers (not because they suck, but just because of all the money-grabbing and the past 20 years of attempted tired reunions, ugh) but if they're performing with the Commodores? YES PLZ. That would be a blast!
well they don't suck. Jermaine and Randy have some issues but I'm surprised they all don't have really serious ones when you look at how they had to grow up. I grew up with them, I loved them and I think they're still great.
Watch their Apollo show from a few years ago.

And the Commodores. Wow.

I won't leave because you refuse to be respectful. We know you despise her. We get it. You say it every chance you get. I'm just tired of it. Sometimes, some fans just want to celebrate and enjoy other ventures the family does because of its own value and nothing more. Your hatred and rudeness will not convince me otherwise, and quite honestly it's a dead horse. Keep spouting off if you want.

well they don't suck. Jermaine and Randy have some issues but I'm surprised they all don't have really serious ones when you look at how they had to grow up. I grew up with them, I loved them and I think they're still great.
Watch their Apollo show from a few years ago.

And the Commodores. Wow.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that they DO suck, I meant as in I don't believe they do. I know and agree that they're talented and great performers, as Michael wasn't the only one trained in that famiy! It was worded poorly.

I repeat, I DON'T HATE HER! And you can't force anyone to be respectful just because it hits a nerve on you, no one is forcing you to stop being a fan, I've just stated it baffles me some keep supporting her. If you want to continue doing so, it's your choice and mine is doing the opposite, no one and nothing is above criticism. And no one has insulted her yet.

I repeat, I DON'T HATE HER! And you can't force anyone to be respectful just because it hits a nerve on you, no one is forcing you to stop being a fan, I've just stated it baffles me some keep supporting her. If you want to continue doing so, it's your choice and mine is doing the opposite, no one and nothing is above criticism. And no one has insulted her yet.

Snow White, no one is saying your opinion isn't valid. If that's how you feel, that's how you feel and all the power to you. However, for every mention of Janet's name in any thread, it derails the thread in it's entirety and becomes a boxing match of opinions between members. This thread is about her tour, and that's what the topic should be about. It doesn't mean what you think and feel holds any less value, it's just not necessary to this conversation. It's very frustrating to try and follow a thread that ends up having 3/4 of it dedicated to arguing, only to have mods come in and shut it down to clean it out. You've stated your opinion, we've heard you, we've acknowledged you, and as a courtesy to those who did that for you, please let the rest of us have our conversation without constant interruption as well? Sound fair?

I repeat, I DON'T HATE HER! And you can't force anyone to be respectful just because it hits a nerve on you, no one is forcing you to stop being a fan,

Lol how kind of you to choose to be disrespectful then. I'm not forcing you either. I just lead you to the water, it's your choice to drink it and learn to get along with others or to continue spewing hateful language.

I've just stated it baffles me some keep supporting her. If you want to continue doing so, it's your choice and mine is doing the opposite, no one and nothing is above criticism. And no one has insulted her yet.

Actually, no, you have not just said "it baffles you," you have said you despise her which literally means to "view with scorn and contempt" (and, btw, is considered synonymous with "hate" i.e. to greatly dislike - google is your friend!). You are vicious in your descriptions of her and tend to imply that people who do support her aren't "real fans". If that isn't your intention then maybe re-examine what you say and how it comes across.

It's one thing if someone said "hey, what's your opinion on this?" and that leaves it open-ended. Or if there was equal discussion between pro-Janet and anti-Janet people. But this thread has largely been happy for her and positive discussion. You miss the mark in the context where there's a way to respectfully share your opinion and discuss things equally, versus just jumping in to announce your hatred of her that we all know about, in a way that's not at all related to the topic at hand.

I'm not going to continue this conversation with you. Much experience with trying to reason with you and be mature ends up in circles, and almost always exclusively with you. This topic is about Janet and her tour, and that is what I choose to acknowledget. Peace out girl scout!

Snow White, no one is saying your opinion isn't valid. If that's how you feel, that's how you feel and all the power to you. ...You've stated your opinion, we've heard you, we've acknowledged you, and as a courtesy to those who did that for you, please let the rest of us have our conversation without constant interruption as well? Sound fair?

Thank you :)

Fair enough TinnyandOdd.

I just stated those two previous comments because some people can't stand others stating criticism. If I want to criticize her for any thing, in this case, naming a song with a title Michael came up with first, I'll do it whether some people like it or not.

Last edited:
It means all those singers didn't have a more creative title to name their song because from that list it shows Michael had a song with the Unbreakable title first. Another one joining that list of not having a more creative title.

Seriously? :unsure: Michael Jackson did not invent that word. There were other artists who used it before him and there will undoubtedly be others who use it in the future. This is just getting silly now.

I suppose you also feel Michael was lacking creativity when he named his song Heartbreak Hotel, knowing there was already a famous Elvis song by the same name? And it's nowhere near as standard as "unbreakable".

Seriously? :unsure: Michael Jackson did not invent that word. There were other artists who used it before him and there will undoubtedly be others who use it in the future. This is just getting silly now.

I suppose you also feel Michael was lacking creativity when he named his song Heartbreak Hotel, knowing there was already a famous Elvis song by the same name? And it's nowhere near as standard as "unbreakable".
BOOM! *mic drop

^^I looked for all the songs named Unbreakable (just with that word), Michael's is the oldest song, he named his song with that title first. And about Elvis, unlike Michael, he didn't compose any of his songs.

Yes, I know this has nothing to do with the tour and maybe needs its own thread. But I've been wondering for years. Lots of songs have the same name. Madonna has Human Nature. Whitney has Heartbreak Hotel. Why did they make such a fuss about the Jacksons song?? Any ideas?

Last edited:
Ah come on if you are happy that Janet is going to be touring good for you I hope you have a good time at her show. If you are not that's OK but don&#8217;t get angry at people being happy. You don't support her that&#8217;s fine but others will, let them enjoy the moment<o:p></o:p>

Last edited:
^^I looked for all the songs named Unbreakable (just with that word), Michael's is the oldest song, he named his song with that title first. And about Elvis, unlike Michael, he didn't compose any of his songs.

Why does it matter who composed the song? Elvis still had a song called "Heartbreak Hotel" first and Michael used the same title for his song many years later. According to you, this means Michael was lacking creativity, no? Or is there one standard for Michael and another standard for everyone else?

Also, who can forget this album from the late 90s?

51DQbBJvEGL.jpg

Yes, I know this has nothing to do with the tour and maybe needs it's own thread. But I've been wondering for years. Lots of songs have the same name. Madonna has Human Nature. Whitney has Heartbreak Hotel. Why dud they make such a fuss about the Jacksons song?? Any ideas?

Because of the Elvis - MJ rivalry I guess. I don't think Elvis's song even entered Michael's mind when he wrote Heartbreak Hotel. Sometimes it just comes out that way. Nobody has a copyright on language.

^If they want want to be happy, their choice too. My comments were directed to the ones bitching about other making criticism and you can see I'm not alone.

For those getting cranky about other artists having the same song title's as MJ, I leave you with Whitney Houston.

How dare she ... :doh:

Yes, I know this has nothing to do with the tour and maybe needs its own thread. But I've been wondering for years. Lots of songs have the same name. Madonna has Human Nature. Whitney has Heartbreak Hotel. Why did they make such a fuss about the Jacksons song?? Any ideas?

I believe it was the record label who was concerned, not the Jacksons. I believe Michael may have spoken about it in Moonwalk. (Apologies, correcting to Moonwalk, the book, not Moonwalker which is the movie.)

I wish Janet much success with this new album and tour. I am looking forward to her new music. It is quite nice to see her inspired by her older brother (if she was) as she was inspired by her brothers' success in the past and vice versa.

I am happily surprised to hear the Jackson brothers touring with the Commodores! It is as they were when they were younger!

Last edited:
I believe it was the record label who was concerned, not the Jacksons. I believe Michael may have spoken about it in Moonwalker.

Yep, this is exactly it. Michael said he wasn't even thinking about Elvis when he wrote it, and then he had to change the name due to the pressure and the fear that he was trying to rip off Elvis

I honestly don't know what the big deal is. Like some have pointed out. There are so many songs out there by different artist with the same song titles.

Back