January 4, 2008: Michael Jackson News & Mentionings

we will have to agree to disagree. aveeno and others who ahave allthe documents related to mj and the loans state they are personal loans and are nothing to do with sony/atv.hence why mj is paying them back over the next 5 years or so with the money he makes from sony/atv AND mijac going through a trust and straight back into paying the loans off. if it were a sonyatv loan it would be under their name and mj would not be using mijac and his income from sony/atv. it would come directly from the sony/atv company profits just like money loaned for buying up new cats to add to sony/atv. it wouldnt be seperated into mj and sony it comes from the companies profits

money money money money.... Money. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

that's all people seem to think about..
Yep. That is the only language some people know.:lol:
The medfia has deliberately distorted the truth about MJ and have lied to the public so much that we the fans have started to believe the lie.

I am so glad that people like Rasta Pasta have made it their business to inform us of the truth, and when I hear people like jean Paul, Jessie jackson and others saying out loud that MJ is a very astute business man hen you know that the media has been lying again about MJ's financial deaing.
If Mj was running a smalltime business he could use his assets to borrow money. The fact is that Sony/Atv is a very large conglomorate. People may not want to think about it but MJ is truly running an enpire. his business is HUGE> That is the real reason why he gets so much hate from the media.
With such a large business, you just can't do as you please with it's asset. There are too many people involved. There are company laws governing it.
When that greedy man tried to include Sony/Atv in his lawsuit against MJ, the judge removed it. MJ cannot use sony asset to secure a private loan, in the same way that his sony/atv asset cannot be sued against him.

Last edited:
I read the same document you read. It talked about a dual agreement where both MJ and sony had first refusal. MJ also agree to buy out Sony for the same amount. That document said Nothing about MJ personally borrowing 300 mils. That was the media spin. In fact it is Sony/atv that will pay the money back, not MJ. It stands to reason therefore that Sony/atv borrowed the money. Of course MJ's signature would be on the form as well as sony's. That is why sony was at the renegotiation table and for no other reason.

I guess that goes in the line with their "joint-venture" agreement...

I guess that goes in the line with their "joint-venture" agreement...
Absolutely. If we ever sit down and analyse the thing properly we will see that none of what the media has been spilling make sense. Some body posted something on another site where it shows that a large amount of miney was used up by Sony/atv in late 90's to purchase more catalogues. I believe this was the reason for the loan. Why would sony put their business at risk for MJ's personal use. No large businees is run that way.

well, I know that successful corporations have profits and they also have debts... Michael J.. is a corporation and the media only talks about the debts..(made up or otherwise) and completely ignore the profits...

Last edited:
MJ did borrow the money and he used his assets as collaterial. Then he tried to refinance the deal to take advantage of better interest rates. The trial interrupted his business, thus putting him a cash flow squeeze as many of his financial matters were being terribly mismanaged. He has now work thru a deal involving Sony/ATV and he is fighting the rest out in the courts.

I'm not sure what the bickering about this is all about, but MJ will likely have to finish up his business in court until it's finished. In the meantime, he is refocused on his music and hopefully, we will all get to hear it sooner, rather than later...

Absolutely. If we ever sit down and analyse the thing properly we will see that none of what the media has been spilling make sense. Some body posted something on another site where it shows that a large amount of miney was used up by Sony/atv in late 90's to purchase more catalogues. I believe this was the reason for the loan. Why would sony put their business at risk for MJ's personal use. No large businees is run that way.
The media often gets things wrong in that they, nor we for that matter, have exclusive access to MJ's personal financial figures. What they want to push is the 'MJ is Broke' angle. He isn't broke and never has been. It's just the wishful thinking of those who want to see him lose it all.

probably the Acuff-Rose catalog that had a lot of Elvis and Roy Orbison hits...umm??

probably the Acuff-Rose catalog that had a lot of Elvis and Roy Orbison hits...umm??
Yes, somebody posted recently in another thread that I am trying to find that over 190 million was spent buying the acuff cat. This is around the same time when MJ is reputed to have borrowed the money.

MJ did borrow the money and he used his assets as collaterial. Then he tried to refinance the deal to take advantage of better interest rates. The trial interrupted his business, thus putting him a cash flow squeeze as many of his financial matters were being terribly mismanaged. He has now work thru a deal involving Sony/ATV and he is fighting the rest out in the courts.

I'm not sure what the bickering about this is all about, but MJ will likely have to finish up his business in court until it's finished. In the meantime, he is refocused on his music and hopefully, we will all get to hear it sooner, rather than later...
The money was borrowed with M's signature on it but there is no evidence that it was for private use and the whole story doesn't make any sense. The money that was in dispute and was being siued for had nothing to do with the catalogue. It was a separate money thast MJ was refinancing and the guys thought they would go it aloan and secure money for MJ to buy out sony. mMJ did not take them up on their offer. I believe the amout in question was 29 mil. It was said that the sony loan was never at risk of defaulting
People are not bickering, we are having a lively debate.:)

Last edited:
from my simple stand point .. what didn't make sense to me is how a person can owe the bank over $200 million for over 5+years (the same amount or more.. per the media)... and not have their sh*t repossessed....

mj had a huge intrest rate on the original loan so obviously that would have an effect on what he owes and the amount going down over the years.but as we know loan amounts get talked about as if htey are the original amount when obviously they do go down even if its by a small amount

the loan would not be in mjs name if the money was for sony/atv cats. he would not be paying it back by using the money he makes off sony/atv and mijac. that is a personal loan.its like some refuse to believe that mj has personal debts.sony would not have the option to buy mj out of 25% of the cat if it were a sonyatv debt

Mm-hmm, pretty much.

Anyway, only one song can really speak for us all and Michael and everybody suing him:

default.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sZTcdrt0g0

Money (That's What I Want)
(B. Gordy/J. Bradford)

The best things in life are free
But you can give 'em to the birds and bees
I need money (that's what I want)
That's what I want (that's what I want)

Your love gives me such a thrill
But your love don't pay my bills

Money don't get everything it's true
But what it don't get I can't use

Money
Lots of money
Whole lotta money
Uh-huh
Uh-huuuuuh, oh yeah
Give me money
A lots of money
I don't need greed
I got everything I need
Uh-huuuuuh, oh yeah
Give me money

(C)1959 Motown Record Company, LP

Number one, it is NOT a true statement that no body borrows this king of money. Rich, wealthy people borrow millions of dollars like this and more everyday. Because they have the assets to do so.

Number two, when Michael tried to secure a loan for $500 mil, he was not doing this for his personal use. He only include about $27 mil in there for his personal use. When Michael told Rita Cosby that he just wrote a guy a check for $500 mil, he was not lying. Micahel did get the money...but whether he ws able to purchase the rest of the company with it is no clear yet. For all we know, Michael could very well be the sole owner of the company. But my point is, that large amount of money was not for his personal use, it was to purchase Sony/ATV.

I find it odd we can talk about the man's finances but one mention of his health and we're given a PM about it. Never understood that but ok it's cool.

This world was created by greed anyway so you know people in this thread was gonna talk about it.

Well I wasn't a millionaire at 12 and a self-made millionaire by 25 so I don't know what he's doing with his money. I just hope he hasn't squandered it all (which I don't believe, just saying).

Number one, it is NOT a true statement that no body borrows this king of money. Rich, wealthy people borrow millions of dollars like this and more everyday. Because they have the assets to do so.

Number two, when Michael tried to secure a loan for $500 mil, he was not doing this for his personal use. He only include about $27 mil in there for his personal use. When Michael told Rita Cosby that he just wrote a guy a check for $500 mil, he was not lying. Micahel did get the money...but whether he ws able to purchase the rest of the company with it is no clear yet. For all we know, Michael could very well be the sole owner of the company. But my point is, that large amount of money was not for his personal use, it was to purchase Sony/ATV.
That is what have been trying to say, except that I am saying it from a standpoint of business sense. MJ did not borrow that money fir his personal use.
A bank will not lend money unless you have sound business plan and sure prospect of paying it back. It has been said that MJ secured the loan on his asset with sony. But what we are missing here is that Sony ALSO borrowed the same amount and secured it on the atv/sony asset. This leads me to believe that this may have been an arrangement by sony and MJ to seek loans for the purchase of the catalogues. Maybe they borrowed independently with the intention of getting the maximum loan possible. I do not believe that sony would have been involved in MJ's personal refinancing, and certainly not when it was believed that they were so keen to get ahold of MJ's share. Why help him out then.
None of us have ever heard the real story from MJ's side, all we have heard is soundbites coming from the media. Thr fact that sony was involved in the renegotoations tells me that it was a business loan involving sony/atv and not a personal loan.

Leave MJ's finances up to him to manage......let's all focus on the music side of the man instead, I don't particularly want people all up in my financial business, so I don't think people should be up in his either.

Dear Gary,

Happy New Year to you.
Nothing has been confirmed, at this present time, regarding any tour dates.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Best regards,
Raymone K. Bain

Last edited:
what was the question u asked gary. can u post it. obviusly about the tour but can u put the wording

^off course

Hi Raymone

Is there any chance of any form of confirmation either way please,

As You know rumours are always rife, but those that relate to Mike performing are the ones we wish to dispel.

Below is an excerpt from another reporting regarding Mike performing at the London 02 Arena which has been doing the rounds for s few months now,

Last edited:
thanks... dont u just hate how her replies make u more confused than b4 u asked lol. can i post this reply on other boards?

Last edited:
sure, Ive done MJNO

This is not a denial, this then says to me that talks are happening

What ever the outcome who knows

Last edited:
thanks. yeah i agree its not a deniel. itsays to me as u said that there are some kind of talks going on whatever level that is at because of the "nothing has been confirmed" quote from her

Last edited:
this is posted on mjno

I asked raymone:

Dear Jeannette,

Happy New Year to you! Discussions are continuing but nothing has been
finalized at this time.

Best regards,
Raymone K. Bain

This is my interpretation

Thriller 25 in Feb with a few single releases

MJ will finalise his album for a early to middle summer release

To promote this he will do the dates in the 02 in August or September

All this will done under MJ Company distributed by Sony/BMG

This is my interpretation

Thriller 25 in Feb with a few single releases

MJ will finalise his album for a early to middle summer release

To promote this he will do the dates in the 02 in August or September

All this will done under MJ Company distributed by Sony/BMG
You're probably very close with the assessment, but Mike should do a few shows in the US as well. Mike has loads of fans in the US. He should do at least 4: one each in the north, south east and west and possibly one in mid US.

but I guess this will all be contingent upon how the new album does here. I don't think it'll have problems selling if the music is good.

sounds good to me. i guess some of the confusion/being unsure is because of the album and not really knowing whats happening with it. i go from thinking there could be anouncements soon to wondering if we will even get anyword or anything come the end of the year.and that may relate to the supposed shows and when they may happen

Back