Joseph Fiennes To Play MJ In 9/11 Programme

Re: Joseph Fiennes is to play Michael Jackson...

All I ever heard about MJ in connection to 9/11, was that he had a business meeting in one of the towers that morning. Instead, he stayed up the night before, speaking on the phone with his mother Katherine. As a result, he slept in, and learned of the attacks with everyone else.

wasn't it Jermaine who said that? sounds too good to be true, doesn't it? but of course that doesn't mean that it's not ;)

I saw it trending on Twitter and most people weren't happy about it at all. I thought it was satire when I first saw it, now I'm just p*ssed.
They're not mocking Michael are they?

I don't know if the movie is, but people commenting on it are. It's the usual bs fair: mocking the vitiligo (some even denying he had it), kid jokes, the "he turned into an ugly white woman", things along that gutter level. :(

"Joseph Fiennes has been cast to play Michael Jackson in upcoming 9/11 drama"

What a bizarre sentence tbh.

this crap shouldn't be given any attention!!

My newsfeed just exploded with articles about it since he confirmed his casting with People mag yesterday. I still think the original story is satire, but it's probably even worse now because of the Oscar ruckus.
I need to go over and read what's being said.

Oh, and yesterday he said it was a sweet story but you can tell it's a mockery if they have Brando having to stop at a KFC every couple of miles. All 3 of them have been mocked for years.

My newsfeed is still exploding, I can't block the articles fast enough and the comments are really bringing out the racist trolls, now. I had to step away from FB for a minute, because it's really pissing me off (and I just went off on one chick that kept posting Mike wanted to be white).

I need a drink...

From what I can see on twitter (I'm not on there either) its still negative against the casting. Some trolls but not many. Sad to hear its on Facebook. I'm so sick of ignorant idiots. So tired of Michael being mocked and taunted and his children having to deal with it. Press is stalking social media and just riding the wave. Sickening.

From what I can see on twitter (I'm not on there either) its still negative against the casting. Some trolls but not many. Sad to hear its on Facebook. I'm so sick of ignorant idiots. So tired of Michael being mocked and taunted and his children having to deal with it. Press is stalking social media and just riding the wave. Sickening.

I've seen some posts upset about the casting, too. The main point made is the lack of diversity and good roles for black actors (Latinos, too) in Hollywood will continue to be an issue when white actors are considered first in line, especially for roles that depict real life black people.

Michael Jackson isn't a fictional character and he isn't white. Vitiligo did NOT change his ethnicity. The weak argument people tried to use against the idea of Idris Elba playing James Bond won't hold up, because James Bond isn't REAL!

I don't know if the movie is, but people commenting on it are. It's the usual bs fair: mocking the vitiligo (some even denying he had it), kid jokes, the "he turned into an ugly white woman", things along that gutter level. :(

I suspect the movie itself will be that gutter level. I hope it will kill the careers of everyone involved.

All I ever heard about MJ in connection to 9/11, was that he had a business meeting in one of the towers that morning. Instead, he stayed up the night before, speaking on the phone with his mother Katherine. As a result, he slept in, and learned of the attacks with everyone else.

IIRC Michael said he learnt from the attacks from a phone call from friends from Saud Arabia or something like that. The whole Brando-Liz Taylor-MJ trip never happened, it's an urban legend as even the article about the movie acknowledges. Michael travelled home by bus with other people, not Liz and Marlon Brando.

In a story published, not that long ago, about Marlin Brando, Elizabeth Taylor and Michael Jackson driving across country together and ending up in Ohio after 9/11, Cascio says that story is completely inaccurate. He tells me that Michael was with his family in New Jersey after the events of September 11th, 2011.

“That’s completely, completely inaccurate. After 9/11, Michael and I, his family, his kids I should say, got in a car and went to my family’s house in New Jersey and we were there for a couple of weeks, maybe two or three weeks. We were in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey. And that story is completely inaccurate.”

The worst part of this mockery is that it takes the attention away from OTW documentary:(
Medialoid are having a field day with this.

Last edited:

I bet they'll act using a higher pitched voice and I can guarantee Michael would use his normal voice when speaking with close friends.

I hope they get their facts straight, if they even attempt it.

What a sad day that Michael is one of the Google top stories because of this mockery:(

News
Top Stories
iPhone
Oregon
Hassan Rouhani
Vladimir Putin
Israel
Denmark
John Kerry
Michael Jackson
Syria
Black

The media always runs with any crap about MJ. Sad indeed.

Reading people's reactions to this, it's really sad to see that many people still believe that MJ bleached his skin, and didn't want to be black.

Last edited:

I managed to avoid clicking on this thread for as long as I could.

I'm sure this will be up there with The Godfather.

I hope they get their facts straight, if they even attempt it.

How can they get their facts straight when even the basic story is false and fictional?

tumblr_mfdeuoxS9x1rd3p4lo2_250.gif

Maybe it's also because of the recent uproar about the Oscars, but it does seem like quite a lot of people are bothered by it.. I hope they'll get flooded with responses like this:

pXdnR4w.png

Well if that film is clean humour then it's fine with me, but if they have insults on Michael and others, then forget it, no thank you.

Well if that film is clean humour then it's fine with me, but if they have insults on Michael and others, then forget it, no thank you.

A WHITE man is playing Mike, who is/was/always will be a BLACK MAN. That in and of itself is mocking Mike!

Most of the twitter comments have been sarcastically funny about the atrocious casting. But the ones in my local paper are all hateful vile ones about Michael wanting to be white.
I couldn't hold my tongue.

And yes, Joseph F. is giving interviews that it's a true story. He also said he BELIEVES Michael had a skin pigmentation problem and yes, he will most likely use a High pitched voice just like everybody does.
I hope they get so much flack they disband the project.

And yes, Joseph F. is giving interviews that it's a true story. He also said he BELIEVES Michael had a skin pigmentation problem and yes, he will most likely use a High pitched voice just like everybody does.

Not only Cascio said the story is not true because MJ stayed in his family's house after 9/11 for 2-3 weeks, but one of Liz's employees also told Vanity Fair it's not true, Liz stayed in NY after 9/11. At least those involved in the movie should be aware that they are part of a fiction, not a true story and stop promoting it as a true story.

High pitched voice - how original. The Jacksons: An American Dream showed that MJ's actual portrayal in a movie IS possible.

But then this is a comedy, so it will be probably intentionally mocking.

^^I know. You could tell it was a satiric piece before anyone disclaimed it. And think of how many parodies we've seen of Elizabeth and Marlon throughout the years. A lot.
This publicity might be exactly what they want.

He would have been offended by this

tumblr_inline_o1m3t42GOw1t5h4qj_500.gif
tumblr_inline_o1m3t4mhSZ1t5h4qj_500.gif

I swear to god if he dares play him like Flex did in MITM on top of this nonsense....

Well, not everybody is going to be on the same page as most of us when it comes to Michael or any other subject.

This is one of the major problems surrounding Hollywood. I'm not sure how it is over where you guys are around the world, but this needs to be addressed. I remember when they did that God-awful Aaliyah biopic. They cast a light-skinned skinny woman to play Missy Elliott. Tell me this, when in the devil do you remember seeing the real Missy Elliott looking skinny or light-skinned? NEVER! And don't get me started on that mockery-biopic about Michael 12 years ago.

There is ignorance everywhere, do the best you can to deal with it.

BET @BET

A White Actor will play MJ. Because we aren't whitewashed enough in Hollywood, apparently: http://bet.us/1QCYPSI

D.B.Anderson ?@DBAnderson1

Now THIS is the Jackson movie I'll be watching. On Showtime, February 5
@SpikeLee @questlove

The British actor says the show will be a "comedy" but admits that the story it is based on could well be an urban legend.

Joseph Fiennes is to play Michael Jackson in a new television programme about a possibly fictional road trip the singer took with Elizabeth Taylor and Marlon Brando after 9/11.

The British actor will star alongside Grease actress Stockard Channing and Brian Cox as the trio drive out of New York after the Twin Towers attacks.
It will be called Elizabeth, Michael And Marlon.

The news that a white actor will be playing Jackson caused some controversy on social media.

http://news.sky.com/story/1630663/joseph-fiennes-to-play-*****-in-9-11-programme

Back