June 25th... 6 years missing Michael

CJQHaNaUAAQl_AE.png

From Portugal. "He's only four years old but already know the magic of Michael Jackson. He loves him so do i." #MJfam
CJPSRTBUwAACZEX.jpg

Amazing event held Honouring Michael in Northern Italy
CJQ9HfsVAAALmry.jpg

Article in the local Mistelbach Newspaper re the June 25th celebration at the Mistelbach Michael Jackson Memorial (Austria)

Here's what I posted to Facebook, for the anniversary of his death...

"Six years ago today, a musician favored by millions around the world tragically lost his life to a drug overdose. More importantly, three children lost a father, eight siblings a brother, two parents a son...and many more a friend.

Whether you deem his passing an accident or murder, it doesn't change the outcome, or the effect those closest to him likely still feel. By most accounts, he was a great humanitarian, incredible dancer, brilliant composer, and skilled lyricist. His work set a very high mark for others in his profession, such as Justin Timberlake, Chris Brown, and Usher. His sense of fashion became an icon in its own right, and one particular dance move was popularized like crazy. They called him the "King of Pop", but my main hope is he's at peace now, with the one true King of all kings...Jesus Christ.

I've enjoyed his music since I was eight years old, and will continue that in his memory. I never met him personally, but his passing truly made me feel like I'd lost a friend, too. Michael Joseph Jackson...you are still missed."

It's really lovely and touching to see people all over the world missing Michael and showing so appreciation for him, it really is. Thanks Paris78 and everyone else :flowers:

Seeing these images today, six years after the memorial is even more poignant. Although from other points of view these years seem like decades, I still remember so very many details from that day far too vividly, as if it all took place yesterday. I remember all of my real estate issues at the time and paperwork I had to get done, the logistical arrangements on that day and also the tv coverage. I think that not only one quarter of humans saw it, but probably a few billions of the little green men on Mars also tuned in. I still remember how a local artist was commiserating Michael saying how it was difficult for him to deal with fame, so he couldn't possibly image what it must have been like for someone of Michael's stature.

I also remember the text messages from one of my best friends once the service was over telling me how she had cried throughout it, but was convinced the children are his greatest legacy .

In spite of the pain of seeing the casket and all the flowers, I also remember my pride at the dignified manner in which his life was being presented and his art celebrated. I remember Brook's lovely speech about the moon, Mariah's emotions, Jermaine's and Stevie's performances and the wise words of Reverend Sharpton - it's about the message and not the mess. I also remember the beautiful words at the end from Pastor Lucious Smith reminding us all not just of the king of pop, but of above all.......of the King of all Kings.

It truly was an amazing moment when the world came together in Michael's name with love and appreciation. Too bad he wasn't here to see it.

Every time I see a picture of him and hear one of his songs its still impossible to believe

Indeed it is. I think one of Tinny's signature pictures is quite appropriate, it really says it all.

tumblr_mnolw11ODe1rzwps5o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
I do love my signature but it comes with a heavy heart. He was bullied in life (tabloids / Chandlers / Arvisos / etc.) and in death (tabloids / Robson / Safechuck / etc.) This thread is a prime example of how to ignore the ignorant and cruel and focus on those who appreciated him for what he was and will continue to be. When I saw the Forest Lawn roses this year (6 from myself) my heart was full. It's our responsibility as fans now that he isn't here to continue to learn from his example and fill this world with l.o.v.e. :)

Last edited:
June 25th
Sand Art Tribute to Michael Jackson by Rahul Arya

On June 25th, an Artist from India has created a very nice tribute to the King of Pop, Michael Jackson.

Rahul Arya is an Internationally Acclaimed Sand Artist, showcased Sand Art FIRST time on Indian television on SONY, Star Plus, Colors, CNN IBN, NDTV India & many more. His artwork & storytelling has been critically appreciated by Sachin Tendulkar, Shahrukh Khan & many more. Performingover 300 shows worldwide from entertainment, Private, corporate to bollywood.

Watch the video here:

https://www.facebook.com/theFRstudio/timeline

Maria Hassell ?@HassellMaria 13 Min.ago

French Artist Cecile Duteil - her Love for Michael shines thro in each and every piece of him

CJaoX0xUkAAcykR.jpg

I was hoping to see some history tour shows aired as a tribute for his 6 year anniversary.

Back