Do you admire West's music?

• Yes

Votes: 34 56.7%
  • No

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • I don't know any of his works

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters
Yeah was real low what Jay Leno did on his show after that incident bringin up his mother and askin what she'd think. Talk about kickin a man while hes down.

Jay Leno is a true bottomfeeder. Of course he would say something like that--his whole existence depends on the tragedies and screwups (whether perceived or real) of others. He's a parasite.

Putting everything in true perspective, the media overreacted tremendously. After the Swift incident, they went all out criticizing him for everything, from his drinking, to the act itself, etc. The guy recently lost his mother, whom he loved! I would love to see how well they would cope if they were in his place, and if liquor or some other negative source of comfort would be involved (and most likely it would be.)

Of course, none of that justifies his rudeness on that stage, but seriously, nothing he said to Swift was particularly cutting or cruel. Taylor Swift is eighteen years old, not five. Although unpleasant, I don't think the event scarred her for life, and I certainly don't think it is Jay Leno's place (or anyone else's, as they all did this) to bring his deceased mother into the equation. That's far worse than what Kanye did, and intentionally cruel.

Then again, they're all a bunch of vultures in the end.

Kanye apolagizing to the people whos stuck by him:

It was real harsh how Ye got treated after going on stage infront of Taylor Swift. He got crucified for it. Chris Brown has been forgiven by alot of people after seeing his performace of Man In The Mirror. And he beat a woman. I dont know if I can put it down to race. You know, a black male storming the stage of an 18 year old white female. Maybe I thought to much into that? It was shocking how he got slaughtered for it. Imagine the President calling you a jackass. Kanye has put out some real positive music over the years. And he has been struck down for speaking what he thinks.
Nobody talks about when he said "George Bush doesnt care about black people" or any of that speech.

I honestly think hes misunderstood. Kanye is a rapper that doesn't slate any of artists names or music to benefit himself or anything. Just think hes misunderstood to be honest. The media blow everything out of proportion.

I am not fond of the way he throws Michael's precious name around like it's an ordinary word. Some MJ references of his are great, but others (like the one on that Gold Digger song) make me rather uneasy. I must also say that I dislike his self-absorbed personality.

I will say that some of his songs are worth listening to. Unfortunately, this poll is pretty black and white, giving only absolute yes/no/never heard of him options. There is no grey area, which is why I am posting this comment.

As far as admiring his music is concerned, the vast majority of it isn't worth the resources it took to make it (something tells me that's not entirely Kanye's fault.) Some of it, however, is definitely good. He is one of the few mainstream artists who devote some album space to songs about relevant issues/realities. That in itself is laudable, in addition to the fact that the guy clearly is good at his craft and can rhyme in a clever manner. It's a shame that whatever talent he has is sometimes eclipsed by his giant ego and other serious personality flaws.

On a positive note, what I like about Kanye is the fact that, when he really puts his mind to it, he can deliver good, powerful music. He should do that more often and distance himself from the bandwagon of sex-crazed rap artists that currently plague the genre.

I have got nothing further to add. In the end, Kanye is Kanye, a troubled yet talented man. One can love him, accept him, tolerate him, ignore him, or despise him, but in the end he will remain what he is.

I agree 100% Kanye's one of the few 'mainstream' rappers whose album I can imagine buying, because when he puts his mind to it, he can create some really good music. I don't always like the things that he does and says but then again, I don't know think anyone would look like a perfect person if they were constantly talked about in the entertainment media.

I am not fond of the way he throws Michael's precious name around like it's an ordinary word.

Nothing made me laugh harder today than this. Thank you.

Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael

It is an ordinary word btw. One of the most common names ever. And even with the specific person being referred to, what is he, God?

"Throwing around Michael's precious name like a common word..."

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I seriously hope now that he does a song where every other bar has an MJ analogy.

Last edited:
Slow Jamz (2004):
When she know they rhinestones/
She got a light skinned friend, look like Michael Jackson/
Got a dark skinned friend, look like Michael Jackson/

I like this one best lol!

Couldn't vote because I fall somewhere in the middle of the choices. Can't speak positively on his arrogance at times, or that of Eminen as well, but I think they're both "gifted" in a very different sort of way.

Sometimes it seems that artists with a certain degree of angst/pain can produce something quite out of the norm but with alot of meaning/emotion.

jmo

Kanye West is a huge fan of Michael Jackson. (seems so anyway :)).
Haven't you seen his blog? LOL.

I don't see what's wrong with the Golddigger mention...
to me he's meaning that she's walking around spending loads of money like Michael..
what's wrong with that?

& yes I do admire his work.
& yes I do see he seems like he's got a big ego, but I think most of it is tongue-in-cheek.. & I kinda like his arrogance actually, I don't think it's serious, it just makes me smile :D
I think he's a good guy.

Last edited:
727wug.jpg

I don't see what's wrong with the Golddigger mention...
to me he's meaning that she's walking around spending loads of money like Michael..
what's wrong with that?

I'm pretty sure it's a reference to the girl getting plastic surgery. The line before it says the girl got liposuction as well, so it follows the pattern of getting work done on your body. Still harmless to me though.

"Throwing around Michael's precious name like a common word..."

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I seriously hope now that he does a song where every other bar has an MJ analogy.

... hilarious.

I voted 'no', simply because there's only been one of his songs that I've (kind of) liked.
In terms of Kanye as a person, I do not follow him like a fan so all I hear of him, is the stupid things he has said on TV and in the press. Thats really all I know of him.

I do like some of his music, I feel he's a bit big headed and annoying at time's (eg. VMA's) but, that has nothing to do with his music, so...

I adore Kanye...i really truly do...one of the coolest dudes ive ever met in my life...no ego, just a real guy. I have worked on one of his tours so im speaking from my experiences with him

couple of things...

We are talking about a man that nearly lost his life years ago...then he turned around and lost his mother

Kanye is an artist that is true to himself and his music reflects that

The Taylor Swift incident was extremely blown out of proportion...not saying it was right...but the media took it way to far...even after he apologized they still were coming down on him. Its not like nothing like that has never happened in the history of the VMA awards

Overall like i said Kanye is a great artist and great person and if some people just took the time and actually listened to what he has to say then maybe folks would understand him a little bit better...his whole life has literally been recorded in through music.

Frankly he is just a MISUNDERSTOOD person like our beloved MJ :)

Ha another new song with Rihanna out right now...

Something wrong
I hold my head
MJ gone...our n-gga dead!

He also wears a Mike badge (of his mugshot) during the American Boy video.

I think he has pure talent. Personally, the ONLY interesting artist out there.

I think he has pure talent. Personally, the ONLY interesting artist out there.

Well, the most interesting mainstream artist out there. I can name a few non-mainstream artists who are far more interesting/talented than Kanye, in my opinion, but that would be beside the point.

Regarding Kanye, he is truly quite talented, and does have personality [sometimes too much of one lol.] At the very least, he's not a tool or a media darling like some other popular people seem to be right now--so the fact that he's willing to be himself, opinionated, flawed, really does make me a bit more sympathetic to him. I also didn't like how the whole Taylor Swift incident was blown out of proportion, nor how his dead mother was brought on as a lecture topic regarding that incident--how indecent!

I liked his new video, and I do think he's very clever. I'm not a "fan", but I'm not at the other end either. I guess I'm just an interested party, since I don't follow him in the way a fan would, but I do like to see what he's up to from time to time.

I didn't realize he has used Michael's name in past songs. I am not really a fan so I really haven't paid attention to the lyrics. Some songs I like though. I hope he means well when he does it.

Kanye wears a Mike badge (of his mugshot)? Is he really a true fan?:thinking:
IMO Kanye is just a musician who loves MJJ music (pre Thriller probably), but definitively he mocks MJJ as a person, his skin or his lifestyle. We can see that in his songs pre 25th june 2009, Kanye did not mention MJJ as a praise in his songs as much as a reference to plastic surgery, whitening...

Kanye wrote song about girl getting liposuction, cosmetic procedures. But, latter his mama died from complication of liposuction surgery. Now, how he would feel, if someone writes song and rapps about girls having job done on their body, and use Kanye name and his mama name on the song as reference to it? I don't think he would like that.

Back