Lack of new users

Beano Wild

How's Life?
Is it just me or is the forum slowing down on the amount of newcomers/returning users apart from the usuals? I just feel that maybe we should begin advertising the forum to more communities to get a new generation in.

Is it just me or is the forum slowing down on the amount of newcomers/returning users apart from the usuals? I just feel that maybe we should begin advertising the forum to more communities to get a new generation in.
All Michael Jackson online fan forums have slowed down since his death on the amount of newcomers/returning users apart from the usuals.
Its cuz everyone left after mj passed away
Many users also left after the airing of the 'Leaving Neverland' documentary (in 2019).

- the forums drowned in trash-threads.
All of the above, and especially this. Though I would put it differently. Lately there have been lot of inappropriate discussions, bad language on the forum which probably led to some regular visitors leaving. In the end its a community forum and its up to us to maintain the community. The threads from new and discussion are automatically posted on social media. If maintain high quality of content, there is a higher chance that more fans will join.

All of the above, and especially this. Though I would put it differently. Lately there have been lot of inappropriate discussions, bad language on the forum which probably led to some regular visitors leaving. In the end its a community forum and its up to us to maintain the community. The threads from new and discussion are automatically posted on social media. If maintain high quality of content, there is a higher chance that more fans will join.
I 3rd this. Also, too many people on here that behave like little kids.

I stopped coming here as regularly a few years ago, not because of Leaving Neverland, but because there was nothing new going on. Even news regarding the Robson/Safechuck court case eventually became scarce. After Michael's death, the forums were still very active because there were constantly new leaks, new never-seen-before pictures, new never-heard-before stories from new books and interviews with people who knew him. But in the last few years, there has been nothing new to discuss, so... If the Estate had released new little videos of Michael every now and then, I would have kept coming back here, but they did nothing to keep fans excited for more Michael. The news of the biopic brought me back, because there's finally something new to discuss. Hopefully it will bring back other older fans too, and bring in new fans after its release.

the lack of new leaks/bootleg material. This forum would be buzzing when new concert footage leaked.

Regarding recent music leaks, they kind of got banned from the forum (for probably good reasons).
Regarding concert footage and other, it's not wonder that the more we get away from the 80s and the 90s, the rare they'll be.

The biggest reason why many people left this forum, was the huge division between the after death fans and the OG fans.

The cracks started on June 26 2009 and just got wider.

The OG fans were an established fan community experiencing a deep level of grief.

The after death fans were experiencing a different type of grief.

Neither could understand each other

The OG fans felt swamped and pushed aside by newcomers invading their personal space.

The after death fans dealing with their individual grief and suddenly raising there was a whole community their knew nothing about and had missed out on so much.

Then the TII film was released, which caused a deeper split

Then the trial and conviction, and all that came out about those last months.

Then the disaster album release.

Add into the mix the hoax death craziness

The OG fans were either banned or left by choice , too broken by grief to continue in a place which had changed so much in such a short amount of time. People went to social media, to places they could connect with others who shared their thoughts and views, where they speak freely.

The OG fan community are all still connected, all the fan friend groups, names and faces who before June 2009 were posting here on a daily basis. They are just not posting on THIS forum. If you know where to look and what user names to look for, so many are still online.

Many still go to Forest Lawn on June 25, but the crowds of after death fans dont know them. The OG fans are the least conspicuous, blending into the background.

Over time, this forum has became a shell of what it once was. Its nothing to do with the leaks or the collectors or any of the other theories.

Simply Michael was the glue that held this community together and without him, the broken pieces are shattered beyond repair.

The biggest reason why many people left this forum, was the huge division between the after death fans and the OG fans.

The cracks started on June 26 2009 and just got wider.

The OG fans were an established fan community experiencing a deep level of grief.

The after death fans were experiencing a different type of grief.

Neither could understand each other

The OG fans felt swamped and pushed aside by newcomers invading their personal space.

The after death fans dealing with their individual grief and suddenly raising there was a whole community their knew nothing about and had missed out on so much.

Then the TII film was released, which caused a deeper split

Then the trial and conviction, and all that came out about those last months.

Then the disaster album release.

Add into the mix the hoax death craziness

The OG fans were either banned or left by choice , too broken by grief to continue in a place which had changed so much in such a short amount of time. People went to social media, to places they could connect with others who shared their thoughts and views, where they speak freely.

The OG fan community are all still connected, all the fan friend groups, names and faces who before June 2009 were posting here on a daily basis. They are just not posting on THIS forum. If you know where to look and what user names to look for, so many are still online.

Many still go to Forest Lawn on June 25, but the crowds of after death fans dont know them. The OG fans are the least conspicuous, blending into the background.

Over time, this forum has became a shell of what it once was. Its nothing to do with the leaks or the collectors or any of the other theories.

Simply Michael was the glue that held this community together and without him, the broken pieces are shattered beyond repair.
πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» I couldn’t have said it better myself!! πŸ™πŸ»β€οΈ

There's no need for forums when many other social medias let you do the same thing. This is truly a 1% engagement for an audience.

When your biopic comes out that's probably when it will get busy again. or in the meantime if anything else should occur then that could help too. People are still signing up here [almost] every day i have noticed.

Back