Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

Bill Bottrell again

I have May 9,10,15,16 for "Children" at Hayvenhurst
No notes on "Loving You". Many songs unidentified.
"Cheater" was pre-H'hurst.
"turning me off" a long time orphan, started tracking Jan 29 1986.
I never recorded lead vocal on TMO. Never got past BGs and tracking. I got sick of that song. (no song)

Oct 30 I was working on "Come Together" by myself.
Maybe the lead voc was done with the "A team".
The song still sucks.

If Brad S. has a DAT
[note: of TMO], it's probably from Westlake.
He had no access to H'hurst until the last day of my employment, when he showed up late at night and took away all the tapes. To go to Westlake.
This is why, on Dangerous, I bought a locker with padlock.

I have Who Is It in my calendar.
Late september 1990. Record One

Bill Bottrell again

I never recorded lead vocal on TMO. Never got past BGs and tracking. I got sick of that song. (no song)

The song still sucks.

If Brad S. has a DAT
He had no access to H'hurst until the last day of my employment, when he showed up late at night and took away all the tapes. To go to Westlake.

Did he just imply that Brad Sundberg stole the tapes?

2022-10-04-20-26-0021.jpg

I am still missing "Bubbles", "The Choice" and "Garbage" from that time. Besides TMO. Does anyone have infos on those songs?

Last edited:

I am still missing "Bubbles", "The Choice" and "Garbage" from that time. Besides TMO. Does anyone have infos on those songs?
When I asked Bill Botrell about a copy of a DAT containing Garbage, The Choice and Janet & MJ duet, he said it was mostly Bryan Loren songs. Garbage is a demo by Bryan Loren, he already mentioned it.

Garbage was played at the Paris seminar in 2016 and it's a 3-minute instrumental track that's somewhat similar to Ghosts. Bryan Loren says that it's a song that inspired Teddy Riley to get the Dangerous sound as we know it.

Bubbles is rumoured to be a 90-second instrumental track with industrial sounds, similar to Revolution 9 by The Beatles.

No info on "The Choice", that was a completely unknown title before the laptop leak.

Last edited:
Did someone from here attend Kingvention in London last October ? Did John play demos from 1981?

Garbage was played at the Paris seminar in 2016 and it's a 3-minute instrumental track that's somewhat similar to Ghosts. Bryan Loren says that it's a song that inspired Teddy Riley to get the Dangerous sound as we know it.

Bubbles is rumoured to be a 90-second instrumental track with industrial sounds, similar to Revolution 9 by The Beatles.

No info on "The Choice", that was a completely unknown title before the laptop leak.
Thanks!

for the ones who have time / feel like doing. Can you make a complation of REAL Mj snippets please and upload it to YouTube. so tired of the AI snippets

Bill Bottrell again

The song still sucks.

If Brad S. has a DAT

What is tmo ??

Has anyone from Michael's team discussed the songs recorded at Caribou?
Bill Bottrell again

The song still sucks.

If Brad S. has a DAT

Cheater is pre-hayvenhurst? I wonder where it was recorded if not at home. John [Barnes] said Michael recorded at multiple studios, not just home and Westlake.

Turnin Me Off really makes Bill want to turn it off...he doesn't seem fond of this one. John [Barnes] also said the song kind of came and went

Brad not having access to Hayvenhurst until it was time to bring the selected songs to Westlake? The way he worded this sounds like the material was stolen but Michael had to give access right?

Why some say. Turning me off have vocals and some said it does not have

Cause it's recorded at different studios at different times with different engineers/producers
Really I thought turning me off did not have lead vocals why there is 2 dates in the photo. Scratch vocals 86 and another date above 89

Bottrell saying that about Brad & the tapes surprises me, but it does make sense to an amount considering the sheer amount of tracks & tapes brad has on his laptops. I do wonder if Bottrell could iterate on the situation as if Brad stole the tapes I'd be shocked. would explain why he never went after the 2023 january leaks legally though.

Last edited:
isn't it striking that BS seem to have so many 80s demos in his possesion whereas BB seemingly hasn't?

The latter has worked as a producer; the former was just a running guy in the studio.

Has anyone from Michael's team discussed the songs recorded at Caribou?

Cheater is pre-hayvenhurst? I wonder where it was recorded if not at home. John [Barnes] said Michael recorded at multiple studios, not just home and Westlake.

Turnin Me Off really makes Bill want to turn it off...he doesn't seem fond of this one. John [Barnes] also said the song kind of came and went

Brad not having access to Hayvenhurst until it was time to bring the selected songs to Westlake? The way he worded this sounds like the material was stolen but Michael had to give access right?

One would think that some of Buffalo Bill was recorded at Caribou since Buffalo Bill Cody's grave is near the same area in Colorado. Maybe as some sort of inspiration. Wish somebody would deep dive into this.

Bottrell saying that about Brad & the tapes surprises me, but it does make sense to an amount considering the sheer amount of tracks & tapes brad has on his laptops. I do wonder if Bottrell could iterate on the situation as if Brad stole the tapes I'd be shocked. would explain why he never went after the 2023 january leaks legally though.
Hasn't Bottrell been a guest at Brad's In the Studio seminar? So at least you have to think there are no hard feelings?

Back