Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

I think Will tried to release one of them and the estate stopped him. So I guess he's just holding onto them because he wants to be the one to do something with it. Which is understandable, he did help create them, and the estate aren't exactly interested in working with others.

Still, would be nice to hear them, for sure.
Yeah, he tried getting “I’m Dreamin’” onto one of his albums and the estate shut him down. Which I find totally justifiable seeing that he went out of his way to slam MJ’s posthumous releases for years before and after.

Yeah, he tried getting “I’m Dreamin’” onto one of his albums and the estate shut him down. Which I find totally justifiable seeing that he went out of his way to slam MJ’s posthumous releases for years before and after.
That was over 10 years ago, and nothing since. But it means he can cave, in the right circumstances.

Bit off topic, but does anyone have screenshots of John Barnes talking about those unreleased tracks on FaceBook (I believe) ? I mean, I believe what has been posted here, but I also like archiving things like that.

That was over 10 years ago, and nothing since. But it means he can cave, in the right circumstances.

Didn't Will confirm he didn't have the vocals, only the music and Michael took the vocals on a separate hard drive after their session?

Bit off topic, but does anyone have screenshots of John Barnes talking about those unreleased tracks on FaceBook (I believe) ? I mean, I believe what has been posted here, but I also like archiving things like that.
for which songs?

Didn't Will confirm he didn't have the vocals, only the music and Michael took the vocals on a separate hard drive after their session?
He said in an interview he was listening to the vocals of I'm Dreamin, so he must have at least some of them.

Last edited:
I believe it was Buffalo Bill, Make Or Break, and Alright Now.
Here are a few

Make or Break was a song written by Michael and Myself. It was never fully finished. There was a demo incomplete vocal. There is a partial lyric as well. It was the third piece of music I created using the Synclavier. I like its potential as a song. Make or Break didn't make Bad.

Alright now was recorded by Ralph Tresvant. It is even older than Make or Break.

Buffalo Bill is great but has never been completely finished. I love that piece and I would love to help finish it. Buffalo Bill along with several others were set aside from the Victory album and held for consideration to be included on Bad. Buffalo Bill is one of the first complete songs I did for and with Michael

Liberian Girl and Another Part of Me were pre Synclavier done during the last third of Victory and way before Bad's writing and development phase.

In all fairness, Bill just did the basic tracking of TMO; he's never heard how the song's further progressed.
Didn’t he say the song didn’t progress further than the chorus and backgrounds?

Here are a few

Make or Break was a song written by Michael and Myself. It was never fully finished. There was a demo incomplete vocal. There is a partial lyric as well. It was the third piece of music I created using the Synclavier. I like its potential as a song. Make or Break didn't make Bad.

Alright now was recorded by Ralph Tresvant. It is even older than Make or Break.

Buffalo Bill is great but has never been completely finished. I love that piece and I would love to help finish it. Buffalo Bill along with several others were set aside from the Victory album and held for consideration to be included on Bad. Buffalo Bill is one of the first complete songs I did for and with Michael

Liberian Girl and Another Part of Me were pre Synclavier done during the last third of Victory and way before Bad's writing and development phase.
So Michael did not recorded alright now

In all fairness, Bill just did the basic tracking of TMO; he's never heard how the song's further progressed.
It's just that what I found it funny the most was that when talking about Buffalo Bill - arguably one of the most sought after outtakes that a lot of fans have been wanting to hear for decades - Bill simply went "eh, not my thing." That tweet really caught me off guard lol. Fair thing that everyone is gonna have their own taste I guess.

It's just that what I found it funny the most was that when talking about Buffalo Bill - arguably one of the most sought after outtakes that a lot of fans have been wanting to hear for decades - Bill simply went "eh, not my thing." That tweet really caught me off guard lol. Fair thing that everyone is gonna have their own taste I guess.
True, and I respect his take, but it also is hilarious. For some of these, I can imagine MJ giving him a track to tweak and leaving the studio, and Bill is sitting there by himself wincing during the playback. haha.

Buffalo Bill is the one song I hope lives up to its hype

Here are a few

@BlackAnon Do you have the screenshots?

Back