Links to view mjjsource.com from 2005 & Michaeljackson.com from 2001

I keep hearing about the site mjjsource.com...what was it?
Who was it ran by and why was it so important?
And is michealjackson.com Michael's official website? Did he approve it?
To anyone who answers and knows..thanks!

Thanks alot of for the Vince-era one. Havent seen that one in ages. So cool and fancy. I thought this was the coolest thing back in the day hehe=)

It was the site run by Randy during the trial era.

MJJSOURCE was Michaels official site back then.. run by Randy Jackson, Karen Faye and Taunya Zilkie (Randys ex-girlfriend and now Karens employee).

The site was created in 2004 and the reasons for the launch was to counter inaccurate reports about him. We were given the latest news about him etc and if I remember right, even some videos were posted there? You could also sign up and pay for premium content and thats where all the "controversy" started

This is the first post/statement of the site.
“I am hoping that you will enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed creating it. I am very excited about using MJJSource.com as a way to communicate with both my fans around the world, and the media. I have become disturbed and troubled as a result of people speaking on my behalf whom I do not know. For months, I have listened to reports that are inaccurate because they have been based on hearsay, and not fact. I have also listened, with amazement, to people who have misrepresented their relationships with me. I will use this site as one of the mediums for speaking out on my own behalf.” - Michael Jackson

Now his official site is michaeljackson.com. Pre-This Is It shows, it wasnt that active but after the announcement is was very active and it is very very active today.

Last edited:

it was set up during the trial it was supposed to be a site to provide information on hearings and the case. they posted court transcripts so we could read what was really happening in the court room. randy and his girlfriend set it up but turned it into a fan site where they charged fans $50 to access certain things and created false comps to go to neverland and meet mj etc inorder to get fans to pay. mj.com is the sony mj site i believe

Oh ok.
So MJJSource closed, then michaeljackson.com was made?
Was MichaelJackson.com his official website before he passed, or did they make it his official one AFTER he passed?

wow these bring back memories!

michaeljackson.com was the official sony site since at least Invinceable era I believe. I think they let you stream "Cry" and "You Rock My World" before the album came out.

Oh ok.
So MJJSource closed, then michaeljackson.com was made?
Was MichaelJackson.com his official website before he passed, or did they make it his official one AFTER he passed?

michaeljackson.com has been around for years, before MJJSource. It is the official website but it's ran and owned by Sony so I don't think Michael ever had any input into it. From what I've seen, unless the artists have it created, the 'official sites' don't really have anything to do with them and are just to get information on upcoming albums, concerts etc.

Somehow these links don't work anymore. The first expires after a while and the second ends up in a black immobile screen. I guess because the site is no longer operational.

Somehow these links don't work anymore. The first expires after a while and the second ends up in a black immobile screen. I guess because the site is no longer operational.

I just checked them again, they both work fine here. Maybe it's your browser?

I love the Vince-era one. So many awesome memories even though Sony was a bitch.

:)

michaeljackson.com has been around for years, before MJJSource. It is the official website but it's ran and owned by Sony so I don't think Michael ever had any input into it. From what I've seen, unless the artists have it created, the 'official sites' don't really have anything to do with them and are just to get information on upcoming albums, concerts etc.

yeah mj.com was sonys site. i wouldnt really say it had anything to do with mj in the sense mj created it and it was HIS offical site.it was just a sony site that promoted the music etc

Wow - the memories...

That Vindication video... :-D

I always remember thinking "If only the Vince album artwork was as futuristic and flashy as the mj.com website" lol. They had animated promos for Invincible and Butterflies didn't they? Pity the site became pretty much inactive in quieter periods - I can't believe they were still using the Vince design when TUC and The Essential were released - even Visionary is mentioned on there - that's like 5 years without a fresh overhaul!! :-o

Cooooooooooooool............

2001...........That was the time when you could go on the internet and not get viruses or get spied on by Google!!!!!!!

Wow - the memories...

That Vindication video... :-D

I always remember thinking "If only the Vince album artwork was as futuristic and flashy as the mj.com website" lol. They had animated promos for Invincible and Butterflies didn't they? Pity the site became pretty much inactive in quieter periods - I can't believe they were still using the Vince design when TUC and The Essential were released - even Visionary is mentioned on there - that's like 5 years without a fresh overhaul!! :-o

I know!! It became annoying!! Everyone and everybody were wondering what's up? That is why, also, the mj sites, mjjf/c kop and etc became more important for updates=) His own website became inactive.
Oh, but what an awesome graphic that was in 2001!! :D It rocked!

Last edited:

thanks for the memories! those were such exciting times! With Invincible, my first experience of a new MJ album with the internet, when we could listen to the songs on his official site and didn't have to wait for hours listening to the radio with a tape ready to record it when a song is finally played with an annoying voice-over of a radio dj.

and that vindication video. I remember I couldn't stop playing it. what a happy day it was! I thought it was the beginning of a new joyfull MJ era.... :(

71k554.gif

Last edited:
Back