Lloyd's refuse to pay insurance policy for This is It/ MJ Estate fights back/ Update: Case Settled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Insurer Seeks to Void Policy for Jackson Shows (Says Michael Never Had the Required Medical Exam

Agree classic alot of this is prob come from media reports.remember the insurance guy who rang murray wanting to know about mjs health cause of all the crap that was in the media about skin cancer.

Also at the end of the day what happenend happened so aeg where gonna claim on the policy asap.may seem cold to us but i guess its what happenes.same as the family going to court to try and take control of his estate

Re: Lloyd's of London refuse to pay insurance policy for This is It , goes to court to invalidate po

this might be an opportunity to prove MJ wasn't an addict.

Murray came into the picture 6 weeks BEFORE June 25th..which brings us around My 15th. The insurance policy was issued April 24th.

Like Kathy Hilton said, MJ wasn't a drug addict. He had trouble sleeping after he started preparing for the tour.

I am really hoping the estate doesn't settle this case, and use it as an opportunity to show MJ wasn't addicted to prescription drugs.

Re: Lloyd's of London refuse to pay insurance policy for This is It , goes to court to invalidate po

ivy do i get this correct, lloyd is a insurance company? and they are trying not to pay the estate or something that is for the estate? so llyod is suing aeg, why then aeg? if its for the estate do they not have to sue the estate?

also they sue because they didnt know that michael was taking meds? but they didnt made him see a doctor for the insurance? or did he saw a doctor but did not tell him?

and this: The cost of canceling the London shows was one of the major debts facing Jackson's estate after his death.
why is that then?

sorry its difficult to understand it.

this might be an opportunity to prove MJ wasn't an addict.

Murray came into the picture 6 weeks BEFORE June 25th..which brings us around My 15th. The insurance policy was issued April 24th.

Like Kathy Hilton said, MJ wasn't a drug addict. He had trouble sleeping after he started preparing for the tour.

I am really hoping the estate doesn't settle this case, and use it as an opportunity to show MJ wasn't addicted to prescription drugs.

murray was around in march and wasnt the dip first bought in april.i dont see how the estate can settle so to speak.either the policy is valid or its not.

Ivy, could it be because the estate had to reimburse all $$ disbursed for the rehearsals back to AEG, they might have asked AEG to transfer that insurance to the estate. I am assuming if AEG got all their money back, they should not be receiving the insurance money on top of the 40 mil + they got from the estate. They should have no claim to any money.

That's what I thought as well. But regardless Estate is a part of the policy through "Michael Jackson Company LLC".

If Michael's death was not accidental, as they claimed, are they suggesting that he was murdered or committed suicide?

it was classed as homicide i guess thats what they are saying.

exactly. homicide doesn't mean accident.

ivy do i get this correct, lloyd is a insurance company?

yes

and they are trying not to pay the estate or something that is for the estate? so llyod is suing aeg, why then aeg? if its for the estate do they not have to sue the estate?

llyod is suing both AEG and MJ Estate

also they sue because they didnt know that michael was taking meds?

yes, they say that Michael and AEG didn't tell them about the prescription drugs he was taking

but they didnt made him see a doctor for the insurance?

he saw a doctor for the insurance. he was supposed to see a second one in London.

or did he saw a doctor but did not tell him?

they say that Michael didn't tell them about his medical history fully. they say that he said he only saw a dermatologist and didn't tell them the other doctors that he saw.

and this: The cost of canceling the London shows was one of the major debts facing Jackson's estate after his death.
why is that then?

AEG had given Michael advances equaling to millions, the cost of the preparation was around $30 Million and they had to refund the concert tickets etc. So it was a highly costly to cancel the concerts.

Isn't it a little ridiculous to issue a policy to a man who said he had not seen a doctor since 05? Insurance companies actually do this all of the time

Can't say I'm shocked at the fact that Lloyd's of London is TRYING to get out of paying a claim. Shoot, as far as I'm concerned, insurance companies are the biggest scams going. They want you to pay for their insurance, but when it comes time for a person to actually put in a claim, the insurance company will fight you "tooth & nail" in order NOT to pay said claim.

I too believe that Lloyd's is going on various media reports regarding "drug addiction," instead of the facts. I'm sure they will GRAB on to any little tidbit, in order not to pay, i.e. "you said you never had a hang-nail, we refuse to pay."

Re the addiction i dont think thats much of an issue. The issue is the claim they werent told what meds mj was taking.the ones that gad been prescribed for his insomnia.and what drs/treatment he had had since 05.what intrests me is who gave that info to L of L.was it mj direct in a metting or was it thome and or others

im on my phone so dont have the docs to hand but has anyone got the dates of when the medication that was found in room was prescribed

All the people that contributed to Michael's death (Murray being the number 1 foe that pumped him dead) ... you guys think you'll get away with that forever, nothing lasts forever, dudes. ... You'll pay for taking the life of that wonderful person, for sucking him dry and for your endless greed and salaciousness. ..No cursing out and wishing ill, just pointing out a general truth, that's always yet to happen sooner or later... mostly later .. or late.

that's all I can say right now about all this s***, 'thanks' to which 3 minor children are left without their father in this terrible world....

when will this madness ever stop

Re the addiction i dont think thats much of an issue. The issue is the claim they werent told what meds mj was taking.the ones that gad been prescribed for his insomnia.and what drs/treatment he had had since 05.what intrests me is who gave that info to L of L.was it mj direct in a metting or was it thome and or others

im on my phone so dont have the docs to hand but has anyone got the dates of when the medication that was found in room was prescribed

I agree with you. They are not saying he was addicted to drugs, they are saying that they were not completely forthcoming about his medical history and on top of that he died from being given propofol (which isn't considered an accident and highly risky.)

I think they have a legitimate claim about him not seeing a doctor or having any prescriptions, I also think its bs. I understand why MJ didn't tell them because it would make it harder for him to be insured. I think they will have to pay up though.

i really don't know what to think ,just gives me headache.

Didnt a doctor examine Michael for the insurance? His name is Dr Slavit and from New York. I thought he did a full examination of Michael and did not see ANY problems or indication of drug abuse.

The insurance company would then have never paid for any insurance. Lloyds must have gotten some kind of document from this doctor.

ivy but why if the cost for canceling are high, is it for the estate to pay, and not aeg?

also if the policy is that he had to mention the meds and he was taking then and it wasnt mentioned, i think than that lloyd propably not have to pay.. i dont think like elusive said its about michael being a drugaddict or not, its about the policy and i think its clear for them what is says or not-.

so settling is not a issue i believe, lloyd is right or isnt right....

I don't understand. I thought Michael passed his examination with flying colors. His autopsy said he was healthy for his age and no major problems. I don't know why people just skip over that.

Whats also interesting is what would have happened with the second examination if that took place.

I think Lloyd´s has the right to refuse to pay the insarance only if michael and AEG really lied about his health condition.

Theres nothing wrong about that...

the thing is if Michael was taking the drugs (long) before signing the insurance or during the rehearsals (or at least last 2 years of his life).

the fact is: Michael was overdosed on many drugs/prescriptions .... :wacko:

I agree with you. They are not saying he was addicted to drugs, they are saying that they were not completely forthcoming about his medical history and on top of that he died from being given propofol (which isn't considered an accident and highly risky.)

I think they have a legitimate claim about him not seeing a doctor or having any prescriptions, I also think its bs. I understand why MJ didn't tell them because it would make it harder for him to be insured. I think they will have to pay up though.

MJ did seem to have quite legitimate meds for non-life threatening conditions...so admitting this should only make the insurance potentially more expensive (ie higher premium).

Insurance companies are indeed notorious for trying to duck out of paying up over health -related insurance. You usually need to mention EVERY visit to a Dr, even if only for a cold / flu.
And they may refuse to pay out even if the condition you claim for is nothing to do with the reasons why you saw the Dr earlier...so you can't claim an un-mentioned Drs visit wasn't for a relevant condition.
I agree with earlier comments as to why LLoyds issued the policy at all, if the 2nd physical exam was missing. usually insurers expect all requirements to be met before issuing the policy.

Last edited:

the fact is: Michael was overdosed on many drugs/prescriptions .... :wacko:

Fact is, Michael was overdosed on Propofol! Not many drugs! Do not mix that up!

Moonwalker i suggest u go read instead of acting like a hater which u have a habit of doing.murray overdosed mj on loraz.. And diprivan that was the C.O.D. Other medication that had been prescribed for his insomnia in tablet form that mj had complete control of had not been abused at all infact the complete opposite it had been under used.

Last edited:
ivy but why if the cost for canceling are high, is it for the estate to pay, and not aeg?

also if the policy is that he had to mention the meds and he was taking then and it wasnt mentioned, i think than that lloyd propably not have to pay.. i dont think like elusive said its about michael being a drugaddict or not, its about the policy and i think its clear for them what is says or not-.

so settling is not a issue i believe, lloyd is right or isnt right....

The estate may have to pay AEG because AEG fronted MJ the cost for the tour. That's why they take out insurance. If something happens then they are covered and won't go into debt over a tour( its standard practice in the business). It is very expensive to go on tour. They front the artist the money and the artist pays them back with the money they make. Before the artist even start to make money, they have to do a number of shows to break even (I think MJs break even number was 18 or around that number). I hope that helps

MJ did seem to have quite legitimate meds for non-life threatening conditions...so admitting this should only make the insurance potentially more expensive (ie higher premium).

Insurance companies are indeed notorious for trying to duck out of paying up over health -related insurance. You usually need to mention EVERY visit to a Dr, even if only for a cold / flu.
And they may refuse to pay out even if the condition you claim for is nothing to do with the reasons why you saw the Dr earlier...so you can't claim an un-mentioned Drs visit wasn't for a relevant condition.
I agree with earlier comments as to why LLoyds issued the policy at all, if the 2nd physical exam was missing. usually insurers expect all requirements to be met before issuing the policy.

Yea the situation is weird but we also have to remember that MJ hadn't made it back to London and there is a chance that he would have taken the physical over there...(remember muarry was on the phone with them the day MJ died)...

I don't understand. I thought Michael passed his examination with flying colors. His autopsy said he was healthy for his age and no major problems. I don't know why people just skip over that.

That was a different exam than the one for the insurance company. They aren't saying he was an addict, they are just saying that they lied to the insurers about his medical history

I dont think its that weird.from the way ive read it its a case of L of L claim they only insured for accident until the final medical examine was done in london abd after that they woukd have given full cover.even if the final exam happened and they covered him they would still claim the non disclosure as a reason not to pay

edit..... too tired to think straight!

and it goes on and on...

this turns my stomach more and more.

They did. I just wish MJ would not have agreed to use that drug for sleep. Murray being the doctor should have refused but he didn't and he gave MJ the drug that killed MJ. Yes, I am still angry because all of this could have been avoided.

I know it just brings everything back to the surface.not that it ever goes away but u try and get a break from it before sept starts. Ontop of how this is gonna be twisted

what i want to know is did mj say those things himself or was it thome and others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back