Losing faith here, MJ on Now 78 =(

Wow, I must be showing my age here, but the first Now album I remember at all that didn't have any numbers attached to it came out in like...'99 or something? And it was simply called "NOW thats what I call music", and then a year later we had NOW that's what I call music 2. Right?

....or am I completely off on this?

That in the USA. Over here we've had Now albums since around 82/83 and yeah, i think the first one was just called Now, Thats what i call music, infact they are all called that, with the relevant number added.

Lol... i'm confused myself. i thought the number indicates the year of release. For instance, if the NOW collection is relased in 1997. It's called NOW That's What I Call Music 97. Guess, I'm wrong... :rofl:

Haha... I don't own any NOW compilation. Before iTune, I prefer buying studio albums of artists I like. After iTune, I just download the song I like.

The do yearly ones to, and ones celebrating certain decades or styles of music. Basically, anything they can make money off, lol.
I actually prefer to buy albums as i find that even tracks i'm not keen on at first get better over time. And i'd hate to miss out on sum hidden gems because i only grabbed a few tracks. Plus, i like to have a physical item (cd, dvd) as aposseed to something that can vanish with a magnet to close.

On a positive note: I wish the original poster had checked their fact before posting...MJ never allowed his song on "Now"..hmmmmm well, that is not totally true.

Ok, so do have any info to back up that claim? Cos the only one i can think of is an early 80's one that had Farewell My Summer Love on it, but that had nothing to do with MJ. Berry Gordy put that song, and about 100 others out on Motwon when MJ's fame sky rocketed so he could make money of unreleased songs. It wasn't untill the late 90's early 2000's that mj got the rights to his Motown back catalogue........ Correct me if i'm wrong on this.

FYI everyone,
The NOW compilation CD's here in the US are in there 30's and come out every Season (Winter-Fall) and the NOW CD's over in the UK and other regions of the world have gone up to the 70's because they release other compilations as well so that's why its so high in numbers.

i doubt the estate had anything to do with HMH. didnt akon write it and whos the publisher. they control who uses the song

Off topic, I know, but it must be said: THIS

vs1gra.gif

IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wild:

I hope so very much that HT, BTM, MTS and BoJ would be on later VOL.

Now MJ is not here any longer, new promotion tools needs to be taken into consideration.

It has no interest to me to see Billie Jean, Beat It, Thriller, BAD, TWYMMF and other very well known songs on these VOL CD's.

Give me Speechless, Who Is It, any song from Invincible and Michael or Superfly Sister, Is It Scary og Morphine.

Those compilation albums are a great way to promote "forgotten" great songs not known to the general public.

Yes ! I totally agree- I love those songs bolded- it would be great to have them on an album like NOW.

It seems you really despise people who complain or voice opinon that is different from yours. Rightfully so, it's human nature to find a common ground and lean towards people who share the same opinon. Fortunately, because of what Michael taught us and life experience, most of us are sophisticated enough to tolerate and accept different opinons.

Have you notice the irony in many of your posts? You don't like people who whine and moan. Yet, you keep complaining yourself. Instead of voicing your own opinon on this subject, you come here and leave a post that add no value to the discussion, but to complain about your fellow members.

It's quite apparent that the original poster of this thread has an unfavorable opinon about Michael's song being included in the NOW compliation. If you dislike "negative" attitude so much, why pain yourself by coming in here? If you come in here, then why don't you voice your own opinon on this subject?

The kind of post that you wrote is not exhibiting any positive attitude at all.

I know this is OT. But let me be the neutral party on this. LoveMag, I understand what you mean when you say we need to respect ppl's different opinions, but I totally understand MEMEFAN's frustration. If we are all very honest with ourselves we know how it's been here lately- this forum has been negative and the tendency has been to moan and whine about way too much . Memefan has been trying to be very positive and supportive but sometimes it is very hard around here, I know the feeling. It is getting to the point where it is hard to differintiate between true "different opinions" from just negativity, moaning and whining about everything.

I believe overall ALL of us in this forum come here to read and discuss our different opinions while respecting each other. It has just been a tad, well very frustrating lately....

i doubt the estate had anything to do with HMH. didnt akon write it and whos the publisher. they control who uses the song

Akon did not write this song. But I am not sure who has the rights to it. Either way, whose ever decision it was, imo it was the right decision.

Off topic, I know, but it must be said: THIS

vs1gra.gif

IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wild:

Oh my... *in love* You speak the truth, my friend, thank you for going off topic!! :wild: Way to distract a girl... :girl_sigh:

The only thing i'm surprised about in this thread is the fact there is a Now 78?!?!?! Last time I checked they were somewhere in the 30's. Guess I was way off!

And besides, the Now compilations didn't start coming out til the late 90's, well after BOTDF. So I'm not surprised any of his songs made the cut.

Haha, ditto. Except I had no idea they were even in the 30s! I own the first three, but haven't paid attention since, lol.

"Now That's What I Call Music!" originated in the U.K. in the early eighties. The U.S. version has different music on it and didn't come out until 1998. The U.K. version has released over 70 CDs whereas the U.S. version has just over 30.

Aha. Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't realize they originated in the U.K. or in the 80s! I thought I was first on board, lol. =P

As far as MJ being on them - Eh. Don't really care either way. It's a little sad because it's just another change that makes his absence obvious; One more item on the list of things Michael wouldn't have authorized. But on the other hand, (Cheesy as NOW is), I think it's probably a good way to introduce the younger generations to him, since he isn't here to do it himself. :(

Is Now the one where they get kids to sing hit songs? Because I like that one.

Edit: Nope, that's Kidz Bop.

LoL. =) My friend was in a Kidz Bop video back in the day.

Billie Jean and Beat it used to be included in 80s compilations around the world.

Personally, I was very proud that Michael's songs weren't on any compilation.

I don't see a problem with HMH being added to the compilation, if it helps to get more people listen to the song and then buy the whole album, what's the problem? Its all promotion, more is needed now...

Back