Martin bashier - Why ???? =(

Did Michael not ok Martin Bashir's documentary beforehand? Michael must of at least looked at this documentary before it was shown to the general public??

Did Michael not ok Martin Bashir's documentary beforehand? Michael must of at least looked at this documentary before it was shown to the general public??
No-he knew what they were filming and even had his own camera man filming at the same time (hence, the hastily put together rebuttal doc).
But he didn't see the final edit, or the creepy music, or the sinister voice overs that Bashir added to it. I think they heard about it right before it aired in the UK.

Honestly, I never quite understood why MJ never had the chance to have a preview of the final edit of that officially aired documentary (‘Living With Michael Jackson’), especially if we take several issues into consideration.

For example, MJ asked repeatedly Bashir to stop filming his children (while shooting that documentary), but Bashir did not stop. Instead, he only gave his promise to MJ that such footage (with MJ’s children) was going to be left out from the final, official edit.

Another issue is that even MJ blindly trusted Bashir, there was at the same time a whole team that was meant to protect & consult MJ in such cases (his legal team, consultants, public relations personnel, etc, many of whom he knew for years). These people had to monitor any possible infringements that Bashir/Granada Television could have committed regarding the final edit of that documentary.

Also, MJ had been in the entertainment/business field for years & he was expected to be conversant with such matters (authorizing official programs, books, etc.), especially when the importance for his career was considered extremely high at that particular time.

A perusal by MJ (or, at least, by some people close to him) of the final edit of that documentary apparently never happened, & still today this remains a mystery to me.

Wouldn't mind Theroux making LWMJ instead. In fact I'd prefer it, I've enjoyed a few of his documentaries.

Assuming the absolute worst about him, how much worse could it have really have been? Bashir's version lead to a child molestation trial for Pete's sake.
Bashir's piece just reignited the fire, that Evan Chandler started and Michael kept warm by settling it the first time. I remember a moment from Life of an Icon, where David Gest spoke of explaining this very thing to Michael. According to Gest, Michael simply replied "I don't care", but that's easy to do when you're in the emotions of the moment. I still think that if Michael had fought Evan Chandler from the start, he'd have won...and the next 15 years of his life would've been very different.

Martin was trusted too much all around, he definitely snaked his way into michaels world and Michael saw good in him.. He sat there, praised him, sucked up to him than used it all against Michael.

Michael wanted to see how the editing was going and the final product before it aired. That son of a bitch for obvious reasons didn't want to be found or contacted. As for his legal team, I didn't understand what happened there.

In case of Louis Theroux, I just saw that "documentary" with Joe as well. Maybe he has done as fairer job in previous and subsequent ones but I didn't see that fairness to Michael whatsoever, rather rehashed filthy tabloid stories. You know when it comes to him they throw the truth and objectivity out of the window.

Back