Merged - AEG Live: Potential Three-year World Tour and Release of New Album

That would be for the past 15 and half years . That the
US Media have treated Michael rotten:mat: I think he should Tour the US too. and show those freaks like Diane diamond, TS ..etcc that he still is the King and always have been. I JUS SAÝ THIS, LONG LIVE THE KING OF POP MICHAEL JACKSON.. I LOVE HIM SO FREAKING MUCH. I EVEN LOVE HIM MORE THEM MY OWN FAMILY. I guess it will be hard for him to leave his Kids for 3 Year World Tour :cry:

:timer:See you In july Michael :wub:
he will not leave his kids behind. They'll travel with him :cheeky:

he will not leave his kids behind. They'll travel with him :cheeky:

HAHAHA!! I kow, that Michael won't leave them.:baby:
Isn't he just doing this Tour for them to show them:rofl:. What their daddy has been doing & why he is so:wub: Loved World Wide:wub:

:baby::wild::cheeky::D:punk::wub::wub:

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_VaV_Kheu-U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_VaV_Kheu-U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

They said that they have plans for more concerts, but that all Michael has agreed to so far is the shows in London. I think there will be more too, but I also think that Michael may be in a phase in his life now where he does what he wants to do, when he feels that this will give him something as well ( and not just in terms of money, but in artistic sense and freedom).
he does not really have anything to prove when it comes to achievments, as he already has done it all before. So this time around I am guessing they ( the people in AEG etc.) are the ones pushing, and then he agrees if he feels its worth it and that the terms are good enough. Also he has family now, witch also influence his decisions.
I also think though that because of the trial and all, Michael doesn't want his career to end there. I think he wants to show everyone again who he is and take over the world just one last time so he's career ends on a high rather than the low of the trial.

Even though he hasn't got anything to prove, to end on a positive note; #1 album, world tour - biggest ever, amazing video clip etc Its just the best way to close the book on the greatest entertainer the world has ever known.

The fact that he is signed to the concert promoter for three years. That has world tour written all over it. :punk:

:lol: It hurts doesn't it! I haven't got a ticket and when I see these fan made promo clips arhhhh the pain :lol:

That video is awesome, especially near the end where he sings/talks live....if he's gonna sing that song live on july 30th.....well let's just say, i hope it so much, hehe.

I wish MJ the best in his upcoming projects!!! now he set multiple world records with the ticket sales. Next, he will set another long list of world records for having been the only artist with No 1 album and No 1 singles on top of every charts all over the world for 3 years. And he will set another long list of world records with the biggest comeback shows and whatever projects he put out.
haha.. I'm so excited just to think about it :)
I'll pray for all these to come true. :)

Last edited:
I suddenly want him to perform Man In The Mirror.

x1000 !! I love that song so much ! :yes:

My prayer :angel: is that all of Michael's dreams come true, that he has soooo much fun performing at the O2, and feels soooo much love from us, that he really will take his magic to other cities in the world.

:angel:

Could someone please translate this new Interview with Randy Phillips:

http://forum.mjdreams.net/viewthread.php?tid=2152

Thanks a lot!

I ran the article through a translator, fixed some grammar usage problems so its easier to read, and changed the word phrasing so instead of a sentence like: Far the dog jumps, the sentence will read: The dog jumps far.

Source : http://forum.mjdreams.net/viewthread.php?tid=2152

Original text:
"Aujourd'hui, le Parisien publie un article concernant le retour sur scène de Michael Jackson. Le papier, titré "Michael Jackson pourrait chanter à Paris" est accompagné d'une interviewe de Randy Phillips.

Citation:
Michael Jackson pourrait chanter à Paris

Ses cinquante concerts à Londres, à partir de l’été, affichent complet. La star pourrait se lancer dans une tournée mondiale qui passerait par la France.

C’est le come-back le plus extraordinaire de la décennie : à partir du 8 juillet 2009 et jusqu’en février 2010, Michael Jackson va remonter sur scène. Pour l’heure en Angleterre seulement, et exclusivement dans l’enceinte du O2 Arena, un immense complexe londonien construit à l’occasion des célébrations du passage à l’an 2000, qui depuis a été transformé en salle de spectacle.

Les places pour ces cinquante concerts se sont envolées à une vitesse record et son promoteur anglais nous confirme qu’une tournée mondiale n’est pas exclue, et encore moins un passage par Paris.

« Il est en pleine forme »

On a presque peine à y croire tant, depuis quelques années, le sort de Michael Jackson paraissait scellé : celui d’une star mondiale à bout de souffle, à court d’inspiration et à l’aura écornée par des affaires de moeurs pour lesquelles il a pourtant été acquitté. Malgré tout, un nouveau single est a priori prévu pour annoncer cette série de concerts, et la presse anglaise se régale déjà des préparatifs du spectacle, glosant sur l’éventuelle présence dans la salle de personnalités et, sur la scène du O2, d’animaux divers et variés éléphants, léopards, perroquets. Ça promet…

La grande interrogation réside aussi dans l’état de santé du quinquagénaire : lors de ses récentes apparitions publiques, Jackson s’est en effet souvent montré affaibli, voûté, voire à peine capable de marcher. Des rumeurs l’ont même donné mourant à plusieurs reprises, atteint d’une maladie incurable… « Simulation que tout cela, Michael est un très bon acteur », entend-on dans son entourage professionnel. « Il est en pleine forme », affirme Randy Phillips, l’organisateur de ses concerts londoniens.

Quoi qu’il en soit, le 8 juillet sera une date à marquer d’une pierre blanche dans l’histoire de la pop music. Soit le jour d’une formidable renaissance, soit celui d’une inexorable déchéance. Le jour où, en tout cas, tous les yeux seront braqués sur les bords de la Tamise, là où Michael Jackson chantera en public.

Interview de Randy Phillips
Citation:
« Il adore la France »

Randy Phillips est un homme heureux. Après deux ans de négociations acharnées, le patron d'AEG Live, la société qui s'occupe de la tournée de Michael Jackson, a réussi à convaincre le roi de la pop de réapparaître sur scène douze ans après sa dernière tournée mondiale. Il raconte.

Comment se sont passées les négociations avec Michael Jackson?
Randy Phillips: Tout à commencé il y a deux ans. L'O2 Arena à Londres ouvrait ses portes et nous cherchions des artistes de renommée mondiale capables de remplir la salle sur plusieurs jours. Michael était notre priorité, c'est le plus grand artiste du monde. Cela fait quinze ans qu'on se connaît. Je lui ai expliqué l'idée et il a refusé deux fois avant de me dire oui il y a six mois.

Comment interprétez-vous qu'il ait changé d'avis? Pour l'argent?
Je lui ai demandé: « Pourquoi dis-tu oui maintenant après deux refus? Pour l'argent? » Il m'a répondu: « Non, parce que mes enfants sont grands maintenant... » Il n'a pas besoin d'argent, croyez-moi. Il y a deux mois, nous avons signé les contrats pour seulement dix concerts. Nous ne voulions pas aller trop vite. Je ne savais pas comment les gens allaient réagir, mais je n'ai jamais vu cela de ma vie. C'est incroyable. Quand j'ai appelé Michael pour lui raconter tout cela, il a pleuré au téléphone.

Est-il en assez bonne santé pour tous ces concerts?
Il est en très bonne santé. Il a peut-être 50 ans, mais il est végétarien et en pleine forme. Avant de valider les contrats, il a passé cinq heures avec les médecins qui lui ont fait passer tout une batterie de tests. Tout a été positif, il n'y avait aucun souci à ce niveau-là. Il travaille même sur une nouvelle danse dans le style du moonwalk.

Envisagez-vous des concerts à Paris?
Une tournée mondiale est toujours d'actualité. Michael adore la France et les Français. S'il est OK pour donner d'autres concerts dans le monde, alors Paris sera numéro un sur notre liste.

Source : Le Parisien du 31 mars 2009 / Mjackson.fr"

Translated version:

"Today, the Parisien published an article on the return of Michael Jackson. The headline, "Michael Jackson could sing in Paris" is accompanied with an interview with Randy Phillips.

Article:
Michael Jackson could sing in Paris

When the fifty concerts in London are complete, the star could start a world tour in France.

This is the the most extraordinary come-back of the decade: from 8 July 2009 until February 2010, Michael Jackson is back on stage. He will perform in England, exclusively inside the O2 Arena, a huge complex built in London to celebrate the year 2000, has been transformed into an auditorium.

Seats for these fifty concerts flew at a record pace and his English promoter confirms a world tour is not excluded, and may pass through Paris.

"He is in good shape."

It is almost hard to believe that in recent years, the fate of Michael Jackson seemed sealed: a global star out of breath and short of inspiration. Nevertheless, a new single is expected to come with this series of concerts, and the English press is already making rumors on the preparations for the show, on the possible personalities on the stage at the O2, and animals, a variety elephants, leopards, parrots.

The big question lies in the health of a man in his fifties: in his recent public appearances, Jackson has often shown weak, vaulted, or barely able to walk. Rumors have even given him dying several times and suffering from an incurable disease. "He is in good shape," says Randy Phillips, the organizer of concerts in London.

Nevertheless, 8 July will be a date to mark a milestone in the history of pop music. The day a tremendous renaissance, is that of an inexorable lapse. The day, in any event, all eyes will be focused on the banks of the Thames, where Michael Jackson will sing in public.

Interview with Randy Phillips
Quote:
"He adores France"

Randy Phillips is a happy man. After two years of tough negotiations, head of AEG Live, the company that handles this Michael Jackson tour has managed to convince the king of pop to appear on stage twelve years after his last world tour. He says.

How have past negotiations with Michael Jackson?
Randy Phillips: It all began two years ago. The O2 Arena in London opened its doors and we seek world-renowned artists capable of filling the hall on several days. Michael was our priority he is the greatest artist in the world. It has been fifteen years that we've known each other. I explained the idea and he refused twice before saying yes to me six months ago.

How do you interpret that he has changed his mind? For money?
I asked him: "Why do you say yes now, after two refusals? For money?" He said: "No, because my children are grown now ... " He did not need money, believe me. Two months ago, we signed contracts for only ten concerts. We did not want to go too fast. I did not know how people would react, but I've never seen this in my life. It's incredible. When I called Michael to tell him this, he cried on the phone.

Is he healthy enough to do all these concerts?
He is in very good health. He may be 50, but he is a vegetarian and healthy. Before validating the contracts, he spent five hours with doctors who have passed a whole battery of tests. Everything has been positive, there was no concern at this level. He's even working on a new dance style moonwalk.

Are you thinking about concerts in Paris?
A world tour is still valid. Michael loves France and the French. If he is OK to give more concerts in the world, Paris is number one on our list.

Source: Le Parisien, 31 March 2009 / Mjackson.fr"

*phew* hope this helps :D

It did help a lot. Thank you very much. I may consider going to see him in Paris if he does perform there. I have always wanted to go there.

A world tour would be wonderful. Michael has so many fans around the world who can't afford to travel half way across the world to see him. They should have the chance to get to see him perform live. I really hope there's a world tour in store for us.

Thanx a lot for the work bnd90:) Wow Mike cried when he heard about the turnout. He must have felt that happy.

Back