MERGED~COVE Magazine: 100 Outstanding Pop Vocalists

Horakhty

Proud Member
1. Christina Aguilera (+50) -perfect score!
2. Mariah Carey (+49.7)
3. Michael Jackson (+49.5)
4. Celine Dion (+49.2)
5. Johnny Gill (+48.6)
6. Whitney Houston (+48.5)
7. Beyonce (+48)
8. Alicia Keys (+47)
9. Avril Lavigne (+44.1)
10. Usher (+44)
11. Dixie Chicks (+42)
12. Amerie (+39.8)
13. Enrique Iglesias (+39.5)
14. Mary J. Blige (+39.4)
15. Clay Aiken (+39.3)
16. LeAnn Rimes (+37)
17. Alanis morissette (+35)
18. Faith Hill (+34.4)
19. Pink (+34.2)
20. Dru Hill. (quintet) (+31)
21. Kelly Clarkson (+30)
22. Backstreet Boys (+29.7)
23. Slik (+29.4)
24. Lenny Kravitz (+27)
25. Nelly Furtado (+26)
26. Angie Stone (+25)
27. Michelle Branch (+23)
28. Stevie Wonder (+21)
29. Daniel Bedingfield (+20.7)
30. Sheryl Crow (+20.1)
31. Ashanti (+18.8)
32. Aaliyah (+18.7)
33. TLC (+15)
34. Brandy (+14)
35. Kylie Minogue (+9.8)
36. Jewel (+9.5)
37. Shania Twain (+9.4)
38. Chad Kroeger (+9.3)
39. *Nysnc (+9.22)
40. Toni Braxton (+9.20)
41. Tamia (+9.19)
42. Garth Brooks (+7)
43. Sting (+6.8)
44. Elton John (+6.7)
45. Mario (+6.69)
46. Anastacia (+4.8)
47. Blu Cantrell (+4.65)
48. Ruben Studdard (+4.60)
49. Paul Mcartney (+2)
50. Cher (+1.57)

http://www.covemagazine.com/100vocalists.html

:D

Re: COVE Magazine: 100 Outstanding Pop Vocalists

Wow, look how far down Whitney Houston. Who is the Cove? Is this a magazine?

LOL this is the most ridiculous list ever!!!!!

Michael should be number one. And some of those people shouldn't even be on there. And why the hell is Stevie Wonder so low?

This is old anyway, lol.

Thanks for posting.

I agree with the top three, but CA above Mariah? I disagree with that. MJ is in a good number. Ashanti above Aaliyah? Is that a joke? Amerie? Ugh. WTF is Avril on this list? Are these peopel for reals? Where's Tina at? Stevie and Shaina are way too low. Overall, as usual with these lists, it kinda blows.

I think I have heard of Cove magazine but I am not familar with it. I will check out their website.

Well I'm glad Mike made it so high on the list, but I can't say I agree with most of it. There's no way Christina should be #1 and Whitney should be higher.

Any list about vocals that puts Avril Lavigne at number nine shouldn't be trusted!

HHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

I can't actually stop laughing at this list!!!!

Not even the fact the Michael Jackson is number three... the rest of the list is just a farce!!!!!!

mike shouldnt be number one; so i'm not being biased, but thats an awfully ridiculous list.

edit: just saw backstreet boys and nsync on the list... this is too funny

Last edited:

Mariah smokes Christina anyway, and so does Michael. And Streisand ain't on there? Pff.

Michael should be number one, dang it, lol. No, but seriously, he actually is superior on a technical level to almost everybody.

Last edited:

I like Michael's number, but the rest of the list is crap...lol

It's nice Michael is on there but I don't agree with this list at all. Although Avril Lavigne can sing I don't think she should be in the top 10. Where is Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner, Marvin Gaye, Luther Vandross, Freddie Mercury? I don't get why some people are even on the list really, although I like some of Daniel Bedingfield's songs I wouldn't consider him one of the top 50 vocalists ever same goes for half of the people on there.

Last edited:

I agree with the top 4, some people shouldn't be on the list at all though.

Thanks for posting

I think the magazine recycled the list as I have seen this list several times before since last year.

Someone posted the same list in MJJF last year.

MJ is the #1 male / thats cool

According to their website this is how they determine who is #1 vs #100

100 OUTSTANDING POP VOCALISTS

100vocalists.html-10.png

Britney is #72 -somebody's fans will be sooooo maaad

Last edited:

i think michael should be num.1 also and he likely would of been if he had a album on the charts. To me there is no one better than Michael jackson.

Last edited:

Any list based on vocal ability that does not include Barbara Streisand is just wack. That woman is one of the greatest singers of our time. How can you not include her?

how did mike rank highly if they consider live performances? lol. do they consider lip-synching a vocal talent?

Last edited:

how did mike rank highly if they consider live performances? lol. do they consider lip-synching a vocal talent?
see Michael Jackson aged 34 and below.

elton john number 44 dats a joke he shud be in the top 5. dis is purely one persons opinon!

Amerie, Kelly Clarkson and the Backstreet Boys better than Stevie?
Mr. "My My My" Johnny Gill better than Whitney?

Ha

Any list based on vocal ability that does not include Barbara Streisand is just wack. That woman is one of the greatest singers of our time. How can you not include her?
Agreed! And Elton John at range 44?! Too sad. Who was voting for that list???

Totally.

Michael's live vocals are amazing. It's either dance now or just sing. Either way, you'll have people complaining.

Basing it on range and harmony, Michael could totally be number one. And just based on quality alone, Mike should be numero uno.

What this list is just wack. Usher better than lenny kravitz, yeah right.

And michael is number 3, he should be number one, because he has such a beautiful voice no one has. Christina is good, but there are many artists who could sing like her.

Christina can belt out a tune but to me that's all she does, there's no emotion in her vocals (IMO). Now MJ can belt out a tune but he also has the emotion to back it up, it's like what he said himself ''I don't sing it unless i mean it''

err wheres aretha at ? shes the best goddamn vocalist EVER. also wheres elvis ? and michael #3 ? lol he should be #2 right after aretha

Christina can belt out a tune but to me that's all she does, there's no emotion in her vocals (IMO). Now MJ can belt out a tune but he also has the emotion to back it up, it's like what he said himself ''I don't sing it unless i mean it''

Michael's a better singer then Christina. Christina is a very good singer, world class, but as you said, she lacks emotion and the quality of her voice is a bit thin. Michael has a better range then her anyway. Plus his voice is just so good in terms of quality, he really should top the list. But people don't realize how good Michael is. Even his own fans don't know half the time. He's as good as it gets.

And Barbra Streisand should be on this list. But she gets no love. I would tie her at number one with Michael.

Glad Michael was so high, but gosh, what a crap list. Some of those "vocalists" shouldn't even be in there. :lol:

i'm sorry, but as much as I love Ashanti, Aaliyah and Amerie, they deffo should not be on that list, and so many of them should be much higher- Stevie Wonder at 28 is a travesty. :lol:

And I agree with this very much:

Although Avril Lavigne can sing I don't think she should be in the top 10. Where is Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner, Marvin Gaye, Luther Vandross, Freddie Mercury?

Anyways. it's all just another magazine's opinion. Meh.

Thanks for posting! :)

Nonsense!
I never thought Christina sings better thanMariah and Whitney.

Last edited:
Back