"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

I hope a "rare song" gets a spotlight in this, Price Of Fame would be perfect, as it has some of the most autobiographical lyrics of his career and it has "hit" potential
Agreed. I was thinking recently that since the movie will cover the final years of MJ's life, it'd be sweet for them to show MJ recording Best Of Joy since it was the last song MJ recorded completely. Even include the song's final demo on the soundtrack album while they're at it.

I hope a "rare song" gets a spotlight in this, Price Of Fame would be perfect, as it has some of the most autobiographical lyrics of his career and it has "hit" potential
Agreed. I was thinking recently that since the movie will cover the final years of MJ's life, it'd be sweet for them to show MJ recording Best Of Joy since it was the last song MJ recorded completely. Even include the song's final demo on the soundtrack album while they're at it.
These are the two songs I'd say make sense and are almost guaranteed to be at the front of unreleased stuff considered. No other songs really equal their posthumous value.

These are the two songs I'd say make sense and are almost guaranteed to be at the front of unreleased stuff considered. No other songs really equal their posthumous value.
Michael was always searching for love in his life. That's why I think Throwing Your Life Away makes sense:
Now I must find
There’s no love in my life
Don’t be throwing your life away
Throwing your life away

Michael was always searching for love in his life. That's why I think Throwing Your Life Away makes sense:
Now I must find
There’s no love in my life
Don’t be throwing your life away
Throwing your life away
Alright, yes. I did forget TYLA. And Buffalo Bill. Just like that, my enthusiasm has waned. They go right next to Best of Joy and Price of Fame.

Can I ask, what would be the reason for the inclusion of unreleased tracks other than to simply please the hardcore fans?

Surely there are better commercially released stuff and of a higher quality?

The price of fame I can understand, it's technically been released and is also in the musical and it's very much relevant to MJ's life... but the others?

Can I ask, what would be the reason for the inclusion of unreleased tracks other than to simply please the hardcore fans?

The price of fame I can understand, it's technically been released and is also in the musical and it's very much relevant to MJ's life... but the others?
Price of Fame seems to me the most important one... and then Innocent Man, if it's completed enough

It will be very similar to Bohemian Rhapsody. Album tracks, early cuts of the J5 and some obvious live performances from Yokohama and Bucharest. There might be a 2025 mix of a known song for marketing.

Is it just me or are there some similarities between the pre-chorus of Price Of Fame and Liberian Girl, Who It It and Mind Is The Magic? Feels like a bit of a mash up of all of them 🤔

Is it just me or are there some similarities between the pre-chorus of Price Of Fame and Liberian Girl, Who It It and Mind Is The Magic? Feels like a bit of a mash up of all of them 🤔

Musical Parallels you say?

If they are poignant they're worthy of consideration. And new Michael is always exciting to a lot of people.

Obviously don't waste a slot on Work Your Body or Trouble or something.

Perhaps for the same reason the This Is It soundtrack contained unreleased tracks. As an incentive for MJ’s long term fans to buy it? Most people in this day and age stream music.

It won’t just be a barebones hits package in this day and age. Bohemian Rhapsody soundtrack included live performances and the Elvis soundtrack contained film mixes and remixes as well as several different artists who featured.

It may not contain more than two unreleased tracks, but It would be somewhat reductive to simply release a mixture of J5 and MJ tracks without anything new. A few live versions would be great. Fans should and do need to be considered. Fans will be doing a great deal of the promotional work as always.

I wonder if the director will have a say or at least an opinion on what the soundtrack should contain? Baz Luhrmann had a big hand in the Elvis soundtrack.

This is the most optimistic I’ve been for an MJ project in years. Soundtracks for these types of films have evolved in recent times and also Prince Jackson said in the MJ Las Vegas Event that they are looking over unreleased music for the movie. I take that as a good sign that they are at least aware of things.

I’d be very surprised if they release a basic run of the mill hits album alongside this big budget modern epic film. It would seem very at odds with all of the other recent soundtrack albums for similar type films.

It remains to be seen I guess.

Back