"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

It is but in the UK lots of people just treat it as an ordinary day off. The Christian stuff does happen but it runs alongside people doing normal (secular) stuff - like going to the cinema or the pub or whatever.
Yeah, same in my country. Never heard of people not going to the cinema on this day :ROFLMAO:

If I were in charge, I would maybe start with a very short montage of the Jackson 5 days (similar in style to the Moonwalker montage) with Never Can Say Goodbye playing in the background, which then transitions to Michael being in New York in 1977 to shoot The Wiz. Basically the montage is Michael reminiscing about those olden days.
Wait a minute, this could work. 👀

I could also see them doing some scenario like this for the very beginning of the filming:

Aerial shot of Gary, Indiana, zooming in on the Jackson´s family home, camera travels through the entrance, passing all the family members doing their thing/chores, then "finding" toddler Michael dancing to the sound of the waching machine ...

I think the movie definitely needs to show some important aspects of Michaels childhood - how he was this gifted child and what his upbringing was like. It will be a challenge to balance this out with the main part of the movie showing Michael as a solo artist and adult person(ality)

The trailer will probably be like tabloid junkie with news and media gossiping about his life and appearance together with images of mass hysteria, camera flashes and overall pandemonium. The final shot will be Michael jumping on stage from the Dangerous tour as the frame freezes and the audio of the crowd gets wilder and wilder.

I was just thinking:

Imagine ... The production team would ask the fandom to submit their creative ideas for the biopic, to be a part of it. Michael would love it. But it would be an impossible task to manage the flood of incoming ideas and incorporate some into the production ...

Just a nice thought

I was just thinking:

Imagine ... The production team would ask the fandom to submit their creative ideas for the biopic, to be a part of it. Michael would love it. But it would be an impossible task to manage the flood of incoming ideas and incorporate some into the production ...

Just a nice thought
if they'd ask me, I'd tell them:
Michael was misunderstood in so many ways. Make sure this is in the movie.

Are there quotes from Moonwalk you would like to have in the biopic?

"I was so lonely that I used to walk through my neighbourhood hoping I'd run into somebody I could talk to and perhaps become friends with. I wanted to meet people who didn't know who I was. I wanted to run into somebody who would be my friend because they liked me and needed a
friend too, not because I was who I am. I wanted to meet anybody in the neighbour- hood - the neighbourhood kids, anybody"

"I was so lonely that I used to walk through my neighbourhood hoping I'd run into somebody I could talk to and perhaps become friends with. I wanted to meet people who didn't know who I was. I wanted to run into somebody who would be my friend because they liked me and needed a
friend too, not because I was who I am. I wanted to meet anybody in the neighbour- hood - the neighbourhood kids, anybody"
Oh yeah, the film definitely needs a scene with Michael dressing up to walk as a normal guy in public.

Oh yeah, the film definitely needs a scene with Michael dressing up to walk as a normal guy in public.
that would be a great scene , michael dressed up incognito wandering the lonely streets in the middle of the night trying to simply fit in or be able to walk freely without getting mobbed.

The more I think about it i feel it would be a powerful scene.

I feel like a powerful opening would be a montage of recreated highlights from the early J5 years through the peak of the Thriller album, then jumping into MJ bringing the house down at the '88 grammy's only for him to not win a single award. That would set the tone of the film well I think.

I suspect it won't show his death, I think we'll be going until maybe his kids are born or something, and then we'll get the title card at the end saying like "Michael died on June 25th, 2009 at the age of 50 blah blah blah" I am actually excited about this film I think it's going to be good. I am interested how they'll deal with the nose surgery he had, if they'll go the Flex Alexander route and just paint his face white, or if they'll go the prosthetics route.

I suspect it won't show his death, I think we'll be going until maybe his kids are born or something, and then we'll get the title card at the end saying like "Michael died on June 25th, 2009 at the age of 50 blah blah blah" I am actually excited about this film I think it's going to be good.
They'd waste a great opportunity to set the record straight on what happened to Michael that way. If anything, depict his chronic insomnia and how desperate he became. Silence the "drug addiction" narrative, it was an (unfortunate) propofol dependency.

And how many of us wished we were that person....

I feel like fans expect way too much detail and too much of an in-depth look into his life. I doubt this biopic will be that. You can only tell so much in a 2 hour movie. If we take as a template the two most successful music biopics of the past few years, this is going to be a very compact and fast-paced film, leaving out tons and tons of details we fans know and care about.

I doubt the Dangerous, HIStory and Invincible albums will be featured all that much, with the latter two not being featured at all probably. I strongly feel like after Thriller, the focus will be mostly put on his personal life. They will want to show how successful he became and maybe show the Bad Tour in some way (filling huge stadiums all over the world in some sort of montage), then move on to the drama.

The first half will probably be Michael finding his voice as a solo artist and reaching stratospheric success. The second half devoted to Neverland and the scandals which came as a result to that, which subsequently lead to his death. There is no way in hell they will go through each album, each tour, each little studio story we know about. Someone mentioned the Victory Tour drama: I doubt that tour will even be mentioned in any way at all.

As I have written a while ago: I would love it if the whole movie was done in such a way as if Michael was telling his life story to someone, similar to Amadeus.

I feel like fans expect way too much detail and too much of an in-depth look into his life. I doubt this biopic will be that. You can only tell so much in a 2 hour movie. If we take as a template the two most successful music biopics of the past few years, this is going to be a very compact and fast-paced film, leaving out tons and tons of details we fans know and care about.

I doubt the Dangerous, HIStory and Invincible albums will be featured all that much, with the latter two not being featured at all probably. I strongly feel like after Thriller, the focus will be mostly put on his personal life. They will want to show how successful he became and maybe show the Bad Tour in some way (filling huge stadiums all over the world in some sort of montage), then move on to the drama.

The first half will probably be Michael finding his voice as a solo artist and reaching stratospheric success. The second half devoted to Neverland and the scandals which came as a result to that, which subsequently lead to his death. There is no way in hell they will go through each album, each tour, each little studio story we know about. Someone mentioned the Victory Tour drama: I doubt that tour will even be mentioned in any way at all.

As I have written a while ago: I would love it if the whole movie was done in such a way as if Michael was telling his life story to someone, similar to Amadeus.
No one as of late is expecting a montage of every song MJ put out or even most of em. You can expect some, latter day songs, just not all of them. Maybe 1 per 90s album versus the big 3 from Thriller. And at least (at most really,) one never before heard song since Prince Michael already mentioned that. Seems fair.

A crazy idea and I feel silly for suggesting this but seeing as it's to be as authentic as possible and backed by the estate , for the 90s look , could they not just use one of Michael's own facial moulds that he did for Ghosts and sculpt it around Jaafar?

Or is that a bit too far? 🙈

I would leave his "legacy" alone if I were the MJ biopic team. I was introduced to MJ during his "Bad" era. I was 11 years old. I lived in Orlando, Florida, and remember seeing "Captain EO." I remember a few singles from the future albums, bought the "History" double CD, the 2005 trial, and then he died.

Then I had a friend who is a huge fan. So we saw "MJ: The Musical" last year. It was phenomenal and had the audience starstruck. One fan called out "Michael" when the actor performed the moonwalk from the Motown special.

However, after that, I started investigating MJ because it ended in 1992 during his "Dangerous tour" and before the August 1993 allegations. There were several things said in it that I had to find answers to because I wanted to understand the meaning.

Then I discovered ALL types of information about him. I read Michael Jackson: The Magic, The Madness, The Whole Story by J. Randy Taraborrelli. I located a timeline of boys in his life on a website called "MJandboys," which detailed many photos I had not seen before. I watched many old interviews and re-watched "Living With Michael Jackson" on YouTube. I listened to the podcasts called "Think Twice" and "Telephone Stories."

Finally, I watched "Leaving Neverland." If this biopic does not address the various allegations, many more fans, as I did, will start investigating things. I've learned things I wouldn't have thought about had I not seen the musical without the charges.

I believe his "legacy" is going to take another hit. In the 80's & 90's, only his inner circle knew about certain things.

Newer generations are going to discover some unsavory truths about MJ. Many of them, such as I did not know the "cute" little Michael, The Jackson 5, or The Jacksons. To stop this biopic in the late 80's might be a can of worms they don't want to open.

This might not end well. It could lead to more lawsuits and more victims appearing to tell their stories like the men in "Neverland."

MJ's estate has enough money, and his children are grown. These producers shouldn't chase the "Bohemian Rhapsody" biopic model. If I were them, I would leave it at the "This Is It" documentary to avoid more damage.

A crazy idea and I feel silly for suggesting this but seeing as it's to be as authentic as possible and backed by the estate , for the 90s look , could they not just use one of Michael's own facial moulds that he did for Ghosts and sculpt it around Jaafar?

Or is that a bit too far? 🙈
No, this is the best way to do it rather than unnecessary work. If there's a will, there's a way especially with veteran makeup artists.

Are there quotes from Moonwalk you would like to have in the biopic?
It would be nice if they could incorporate this quote in the death/ending sequence, "A star can never die. It just turns into a smile and melts back into the cosmic music, the dance of life." Last performance then visual concept. The star transforming could symbolize it rather than reenact the inevitable, similar to the ending scene for Selena. And then maybe compilations of him & the post scenes.

Back