"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

I said the 2007 Ebony Photoshoot and I'm sticking with that. That was the last professional high note MJ had, that and Thriller 25.

And His quote about binding his soul to his work is the perfect closer quote. Right along with Best Of Joy.
Yep that photoshoot was everything he was really trying to get his life back on track

This exactly how I feel mate. I think some fans will be disappointed when it skips over a lot of Mike's life and career.
It's a biopic not a documentary
Yep the fact they are shooting at havenhurst and not neverland proves that

I think Joe was a cruel man , the most saddest aspect about Michael's death was the fact that a few days after his death he was walking around the red carpet at the BET awards doing promotion.

Your son has just died you fool.

We lost the biggest star in the world. He forgot it was foremost his son. He looked terribly bad here

It's gonna spend a lotta time in Thriller. I hope everyone knows and accepts that so We don't gotta argue about it. Billie Jean, Motown, Beat It, Thriller. Easily can take at least an hour. Probably as much off the wall as they can as well. That is MJ's Magnum Opus period.

Although if they actually gleamed over it, that'd be downright revelatory. They could just highlight the Thriller Documentary in the credits I suppose.

They'll definitely end the movie on a high note. I'm really not expecting this film to be as deep as some others seem to be.

Would love to be wrong about that, although I also don't think ending it with MJ dying is something they will or even necessarily should do.
Also they might want leave something for a possible sequel if the movie does well. There is going to be Bohemian Rhapsody sequel so I'm sure they would want to do that here too.

What if...

Michael I (2025): 1958 - 1988
Michael II (2028): 1989 - 2009
Had the same thought, also because Branca said he wanted this to be The Godfather of Biopics. Would also be ideal 'cause that way the film(s) could make less compromises when it comes to the content. Part one to highlight the rise to super stardom, his artistry and early struggles (Vitiligo, pain killers, the media, etc..) with part II highlighting said struggles and focus on the allegations etc.. This would really be the ideal solution for me, but I'm not very confident this will happen.
I mean, just imagine Part I ending with Man in the Mirror live in Wembley or something (Bad Tour) and Part II starts with Man in the Mirror from the Dangerous Tour, Michael going backstage and finding out about the allegations, holy cow that would be amazing!

A bit off topic but this is the last time Brian talked about it

"There's truth to the fact that we talk about it. We'd love it — we'd love to make a sequel. It's finding the right script. It actually took us 12 years to find the right script for the first one, so I guess it's no surprise that it's not easy.

There is a story there — an awful lot happened [in Queen’s career] after the end of the Bohemian Rhapsody movie script, if you like, story — but whether it would make a film, I don't know.

We don't wanna put it out there or make it unless we're sure that it's gonna work and it's gonna move people in the same way as the original film did. The short answer is we'd love to, and we haven't found a way of doing it yet."

If it’s going to be a two parter then I want at least an hour dealing with the Motown years. Only because I think a lot of people don’t quite understand how big the jackson 5 mania was in the 70s, I mean it was the same as the Beatles in terms of screaming girls and even stage invasions happened regularly plus that music deserves more attention too.
and quite likely it would inspire Motown to release more concert audio and possibly video

His behavior was so erratic the death hoaxers took it as a sign.
Omg, really? lol

To be honest, you don´t have to like Joe Jackson to understand that grieving is not a set programme that every person displays / goes through automatically. One phase of grieving can be denial or feeling numb, etc.

Acting like Joe did was weird to us, oh yes! But we don´t know why he acted this way.

*prepares for tomaoes being thrown but will deal*

As cold as he seems to be, he said some true words:
I wish the world had recognized him when he was living.
wow ...

You know what ... the interviewer is very invasive here (nothing new when it comes to Michael). Joe´s sudden odd topic change (record label) might be a try to get away from invasive questions.

Had the same thought, also because Branca said he wanted this to be The Godfather of Biopics. Would also be ideal 'cause that way the film(s) could make less compromises when it comes to the content. Part one to highlight the rise to super stardom, his artistry and early struggles (Vitiligo, pain killers, the media, etc..) with part II highlighting said struggles and focus on the allegations etc.. This would really be the ideal solution for me, but I'm not very confident this will happen.
I mean, just imagine Part I ending with Man in the Mirror live in Wembley or something (Bad Tour) and Part II starts with Man in the Mirror from the Dangerous Tour, Michael going backstage and finding out about the allegations, holy cow that would be amazing!
Firstly this isn't a dig at you @ssj please don't think that my friend

But I can't understand this mentality of wanting to cover the allegations at all, but let alone for some sort emotional pull in the film. Tragically these allegations began the chain of events that lead to his untimely death

I want to watch Michael Jackson's biopic to celebrate my hero's triumph, not see his life played out like a dramatised tragedy

Firstly this isn't a dig at you @ssj please don't think that my friend

But I can't understand this mentality of wanting to cover the allegations at all, but let alone for some sort emotional pull in the film. Tragically these allegations began the chain of events that lead to his untimely death

I want to watch Michael Jackson's biopic to celebrate my hero's triumph, not see his life played out like a dramatised tragedy
Appearing on Good Morning America, Fuqua broke down the difficulties in portraying such a polarising figure, “He was a great artist. He was human. We’re gonna show the good, bad, and the ugly,” Fuqua said. “We’re just going to tell Michael based on the facts that I have… it’s for the audience to make a decision on how they feel about Michael.”

You are kicking against the goads. We're getting the story, not a fluff piece. Go watch the musical if you just want to pretend it's 2014 again. We have to deal with this head on.

I agree. I want the movie to show the good times and the bad times, but most importantly, I want it to show how Michael triumphed despite all that he went through. The media was always trying to convince the public that his career was over, pretending that he was booed at the 2006 World Music Awards when actually the crowd went crazy over him. The media spent half of his life lying and trying to convince the public that his career was over when actually he was still getting mobbed by fans in 2009. I want the movie to show that. The media always talk about his last years as if they were the worst years of his life, but they never mention that while Michael took a break from his career for a few years, he was living his dream, just enjoying being a dad. And when he finally decided to come back with This Is It, he proved that he was still as big as ever. Michael's career was never over, he remained the biggest star in the world from Thriller until his death, but he constantly had to fight his way through it all and it is a story of triumph, despite the tragedies. I don't want the biopic to ignore the bad times, but I want the positive to overshadow the negative. People should leave the theater feeling in awe and wanting more.

He sounds like a freaking horror movie villain. Vile and wicked.

Anyway, they are going to cover the allegations. It's already been confirmed. Fan conjecture does not matter. Be prepared.
It's so annoying when people who have not done research spew their worthless thoughts and opinions

And If I sound "bitter" it's because its frustrating to see the same behavior from certain people in the fandom and it doesn't change. The people making the biopic have done tons of interviews stating what it will be about and yet we still have people in here posting their own conjecture and speculating instead of reading the dang interviews.

Last edited:
Take it for what it's worth but on the podcast 'Pod of Thunder' Chris Jericho (singer/pro wrestler) stated that he had been talking to someone who was working on the biopic who had told him that the film would be covering only up to 1986/1987 "pre issues". A real shame if true.
His "source" is probably the very same fans who keep spreading this claim around.

It's so annoying when people who have not done research spew their worthless thoughts and opinions

And If I sound "bitter" it's because its frustrating to see the same behavior from certain people in the fandom and it doesn't change. The people making the biopic have done tons of interviews stating what it will be about and yet we still have people in here posting their own conjecture and speculating instead of reading the dang interviews.
Yeah, we should all stop speculating about the biopic in the biopic thread because you think other people's thoughts and opinions are worthless.

Last edited:
She has a point and she's right. She said it in an abrasive way but still. Speculating about the few things we basically have confirmed is a waste of our time. We don't even talk about that tangible stuff, just we post our script idea fanfics or we question the competency of the clearly competent hired professionals.

This is a thread made for speculation and discussion about the biopic made on a discussion forum. If you don't want to read that then don't open the thread would be my recommendation. (y)

Coming in to call people's opinions and thoughts worthless adds less than people posting their ideas or thoughts. (the whole point of the thread).

Back