"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

I feel like all of this is gonna bite him in the ass later on, it's already hard as a member of the Jackson family to get out of Michael's shadow but now that he's cast to play Michael in the biopic and just now released a song with a title that's basically him saying he's the "new Michael Jackson" will make it pretty hard for him to create his own image. It's the only reason why I think he shouldn't have taken the role.

Not a bad song btw, but I think it'll be hard for Jaafar to make his own name if he keeps branding himself along with MJ like that.
It's incredibly tacky and weird to title the song and make the art that way, tbh.

It's incredibly tacky and weird to title the song and make the art that way, tbh.
It's kind of odd that the song doesn't even mention Michael at all, it's just a love lyric. Starting to think he dropped his name in the title just for some extra attention.

Its more logical that the album would be called 'rebirth of Michael' to release together with the movie. However, a song called 'rebirth of Michael' is so weird😂 since it has nothing to do with him. Also commercially is such a odd choice.

wouldve been a better title for the soundtrack for the movie

The chorus of Jaafar's song reminds me of Rock With You, specifically this part...

And we can ride the boogie
Share that beat of love

Ooo we've just begun
I wanna fall into your universe of love

Its weird how people try to capture the "Michael sound", they study Rock With You rather than one of his own penned songs. I always find that funny

I'm starting to think that his Spotify account has been hacked, it's strange that he even released a song out of the blue without saying anything.
yeh its werid like it come out without no annnoucement

The chorus of Jaafar's song reminds me of Rock With You, specifically this part...

And we can ride the boogie
Share that beat of love

Ooo we've just begun
I wanna fall into your universe of love

Its weird how people try to capture the "Michael sound", they study Rock With You rather than one of his own penned songs. I always find that funny
maybe thats why its called '' the rebirth of michael.....🤷‍♀️

The reviews will likely be bad solely because they won’t paint MJ as an abuser in this biopic. Regardless of the quality, most critics won’t care unless they call him a pedophile in the first twenty minutes. This is one biopic where I’m not paying any attention to the reviews, and will reserve judgment until I see it myself.

I also don’t see the point in people complaining about Branca’s inclusion. Depending on the extent, it’s valid for him to at least pop up. It makes more sense than someone like Brooke Shields or Elizabeth Taylor, which I’ve seen many people clamoring for.

That said, everything about it looks incredible. The casting is top notch, and the hair/makeup has blown me away. Hopefully the script measures up.

I feel like all of this is gonna bite him in the ass later on, it's already hard as a member of the Jackson family to get out of Michael's shadow but now that he's cast to play Michael in the biopic and just now released a song with a title that's basically him saying he's the "new Michael Jackson" will make it pretty hard for him to create his own image. It's the only reason why I think he shouldn't have taken the role.

Not a bad song btw, but I think it'll be hard for Jaafar to make his own name if he keeps branding himself along with MJ like that.
Jermaine would like nothing more, hope he doesn't listen to him to much, Jermaine could never be Michael as hard as he tried when the promotion starts he will be there grabbing attention. I'm sure he's proud, but also very egotistical

I don't care about this song - it's a bit of a non-issue to me. But I don't want some soundtrack album where it's all Jafar singing his own music trying to take over for Michael Jackson. That just wont fly for me.

I remember Prince Michael saying that there is a MIchael Jackson unreleased song to come out with the movie though. Does anyone remember anything about that?

Jermaine would like nothing more, hope he doesn't listen to him to much, Jermaine could never be Michael as hard as he tried when the promotion starts he will be there grabbing attention. I'm sure he's proud, but also very egotistical

Yeh thats what im fearing that jermaine's egotistical side will rub om jarrfar

That title and artwork looks fan made, it doesn't look official at all.

Considering Jaafar is hard at work on the biopic and the recent released pic yesterday, it's odd that this track would come out.

The comparison to Jason Malachi btw has me dying inside , I hate those weak ass imitation vocals, Jaafar sounds better though but I do hear similarities.

Hopefully the biopic includes a lot of Michael's own voice and not Jaafar, I don't think I could stomach a whole movie with Malachi type vocals, yikes

That title and artwork looks fan made, it doesn't look official at all.

Considering Jaafar is hard at work on the biopic and the recent released pic yesterday, it's odd that this track would come out.

The comparison to Jason Malachi btw has me dying inside , I hate those weak ass imitation vocals, Jaafar sounds better though but I do hear similarities.

Hopefully the biopic includes a lot of Michael's own voice and not Jaafar, I don't think I could stomach a whole movie with Malachi type vocals, yikes
I assume they'll use alternate takes etc to try and have as much of MJ's vocals as possible. I think that's what they did with Borap mostly.

One of my favourite scenes from that movie , very first performance Rami Malek had the essence of Freddie nailed from the start.
I must admit I did have a bit of a crush on Rami when i saw this & I don't care for FM that much because in his prime [1980] he was just before my time. And I suppose this is what will happen when the kids get to see this film with JJ representing our beloved MJJ.

Extra thoughts- [ I bet that ] if that is the Dangerous tour that JJ is representing in the new photo, Strange to me that many of those kids that might be depicted in the audience [now grown] ...were/are on this board. And i know there has been The Jackson's- The American Dream in late 1992 and there have been other films since then, But this time it feels slightly different.
Maybe It feels surreal to me. I'm starting to get curious & somewhat excited but I also feel very emotional because, quite possibly , it's 'going to be' set around /happening in 'my' era.

The cynic in me wonders if this was a "calculated leak" because nobody has demanded it be taken down and it's been released to no fanfare, way earlier than the biopic.

I wonder if someone behind the scenes has thought we want to gauge how Michael's fans will take to Jaafar releasing some songs, or even an album, to coincide with the film.

I like the song, I resent the title

Yeah the title is bloody awful, it has no relevance to the song itself either. It could very well be a test.

Off topic but I was looking at Karen Faye's twitter posts and some of the replies from MJ fans are truly shocking, they are so cruel to her.

Regardless of what she's said in the past or if some fans think they may have betrayed him, Michael would not have wanted his fans to be so cruel to someone who worked for him for so long.

I'll excuse the title. This is bigger than Jaafar alone objectively.

Take it with a train of salt but it's more likely Jaafar will win over fans of his own, they'll just not become fans of his uncle. And be used as the inevitable "New King of Pop* *sighs*

Back