"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

@francisco_bltrn

"So far we know that they have already filmed some Victory Tour performances and obviously they have already recorded "Man in The Mirror" on the Dangerous Tour.

It is said that they also filmed "Billie Jean" at Motown 25."

"It is said ..." ???? Hm. 🤔

Yeah in an interview with Colman Domingo on ET, they apparently recorded the moonwalk which implies Motown 25

I just watched the Antoine Fuqua movie, Olympus has Fallen and now I want a movie where Michael is defending Neverland from the police ending with him in a gun fight with Sneddon!
Joke aside, I really am curious on the reason why Antoine Fuqua. He's usually an action movie director. Maybe it's for a reason or maybe it's for none. Either way, it will be cool to watch him tackle something more dramatic.

The most beautiful girl in the world by Prince and Gangsta's paradise by Coolio are two hit songs where the music video was directed by Fuqua.
Really??? I didn't even know Fuqua made music videos! That's pretty incredible. That definitely adds some merit to him recreating some of MJ's short films with Jaafar (if there'll be any scenes like that).

Really??? I didn't even know Fuqua made music videos! [...]
It's not an unusual career trajectory. Obviously, lots of film directors go to film school but there's been a few who start off as photographers, graduate to music videos and / or tv adverts and then move on to documentaries or films.

[...] Hopefully his experience in music videos will make him the perfect man to reenact some of MJ's biggest short films within the movie.
I've been watching some interviews with him. He's an interesting guy. He's only 7 years younger than Michael. If they had ever met I think they would have had some really interesting conversations.

Maybe Antoine Fuqua was chosen because he started out as video clip director and maybe because he is the nephew of Harvey Fuqua who was a famous Motown songwriter. He wrote and produced 25 miles for Edwin Starr, a song later recorded by Michael Jackson.

Maybe this means 25 miles will be in the biopic as a tribute to his uncle.

"Lionsgate will be making a presentation at CinemaCon."

This must mean they have at least a reasonable amount of footage completed, and the film's release is still about a year away. Progress must be going good for them.
Production has been going full swing for about 2 months now so they have “stuff in the can” (I guess that’s now an outdated term?). That being said these kind of teasers are very little more than a few seconds of quick cuts with lots of title cards in between. BUT we could actually SEE new footage as opposed to just behind the scenes grainy photos (minus the 2 or 3 officially released photos)

Production has been going full swing for about 2 months now so they have “stuff in the can” (I guess that’s now an outdated term?).
I still talk about scenes being filmed and then edited out and ending up 'on the cutting room floor'. LOL. :eek: :ROFLMAO:

That being said these kind of teasers are very little more than a few seconds of quick cuts with lots of title cards in between. BUT we could actually SEE new footage as opposed to just behind the scenes grainy photos (minus the 2 or 3 officially released photos)
This is what I want. There were some lovely bits from the Bob Dylan biopic (from the NYC scenes) that got released. Night time stuff, daytime scenes. Some of the clips were the same scene but from different angles which worked really well, imo. It seems to have gone quiet since but it was awesome to see those fragments. And it worked for me bc I'm not sitting here feeling really frustrated wondering when the next lot will be available. I'm quite content with what I've seen so far.

I want to see some Michael stuff. Even though I'm conflicted about the film! :D

Back