Michael and his love for animals

Michael's Pastures of L.O.V.E. project will bring hope and healing to ill, neglected or otherwise needy horses.

The entire amount was raised by 12th March 2014, in just over four months.

Each pasture at any given time is home for about eight horses, giving them an open, vast and natural setting in which to play and to graze. The sponsorship also includes a 24x24 enclosed and covered stall. Feeding troughs and drinking water containers are in each stall, and there are plans to install automatic water misters soon for the horses’ comfort during the extremely hot Ojai Valley summer months. Part of the funds raised will purchase a permanent breezeway cover, so that all the stalls will be dryer in winter and cooler in summer, providing much greater comfort for the horses.

Both stall and pasture includes an engraved recognition plaque with will honour Michael in perpetuity, and the amount raised also includes a dedication bench, so that donors and the public can sit overlooking the pasture and reflect on Michael's legacy. Once again, supporters proved that together, we can make Michael's dream come true in healing this world, one step at a time.

http://www.michaeljacksonslegacy.org/index.php/latest-news/148-michael-s-pastures-of-l-o-v-e

Michael-and-animals-michael-jackson-18839326-800-736.jpg

:heart: A Boy and His Dog Shall never part in their hearts..​

Last edited:
It´s not strange to feel empathy for animals

Animals, empathy and the moral issues that divide us
18 June 2014

Dave Neale, Animals Asia’s Animal Welfare Director, shares his thoughts on seeing animals as equals as opposed to being here purely for our personal benefit.

Why is it that if I am in a restaurant looking at a menu I feel despair and sorrow for the animals who have been killed to provide the choices before me, whilst others discuss whether or not they want to have their animal cooked “medium or rare”?

Why is it that I feel ashamed and empty when I have looked into the eyes of a cow on its way to slaughter whilst others say, “Well that is what they are bred for”?

We all, consciously and subconsciously, place animals onto our very own “moral” ladders. At the top of the ladder the majority of us place ourselves and our fellow human beings and as we descend we place different species depending upon our empathy and our connection to them.

In general we place animals that are perceived as being more intelligent higher up our moral ladder and thus we assign a stronger set of moral rights to these animals than the animals we perceive as being less intelligent.

In this regard we are creating our very own sliding scale of morality based on our knowledge of an animal’s cognitive abilities, assigning animals a higher moral worth if they have demonstrated greater cognitive abilities. In this way we generally chimpanzees a higher moral worth than chickens. Hence the majority of the population happily eat chickens but are unlikely to support the farming and killing of chimpanzees for food.

Here is the “thing” – if we are to really tackle the daily suffering of animals on such a monumental global scale (and many of us say that we really do want to tackle this) we need to drastically change this method of moral assignment, and through education we need to prevent our children from automatically adopting this same position.

Whilst I don’t disagree with us using the cognitive abilities of animals to try to generate further respect and empathy for them, I suggest we look at something a little more basic when we make our moral decisions and choices. Why should we provide animals with different moral statuses when they all have the capacity to suffer?

Animals can suffer both physically and mentally. This has been scientifically demonstrated in mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians and recently in fish and decapod crustaceans. Yet, despite this knowledge, the majority of the population, given a choice between eating or not eating an animal, choose to eat the animal, even when they are aware that it is highly likely that the life of this animal has been full of misery and suffering.

I believe that all animals are entitled to live a life just like I am. By this I mean that animals are entitled to continue their lives, whether or not they take a conscious interest in it or not. They are entitled to form relationships with other animals which give them the comfort, security and source of pleasure and happiness that I receive from such relationships, and they should be free to make choices and have some control over their environment.

The morally relevant features within my moral community are therefore the ability to feel pleasure and pain and for animals to be able to live a life which meets their own interests, rather than my interests.

Animals that we raise for food are capable of feeling pain and pleasure and have interests as individuals. By farming them and consuming them we are acting immorally to the extent that we either directly or indirectly and unnecessarily inflict pain and suffering on them and deny due consideration to their interests. Even if we raise animals to the highest welfare standards, where their needs are being met (a situation that is only achievable on a very small scale and not possible for mass produced animals even those raised ‘free-range’), the economics of the situation mean that a large number of animals are needed to make a profit and, therefore, these animals are very likely to suffer at some stage of their lives), ending their lives when they are fit and well denies a consideration of their interest in continuing with their life.

This leads me to the question “Are the interests of non-human animals, such as an interest in not suffering and an interest in not dying, less important than the interests of humans?”

Non-human animals are not so different to us really. We all have a desire not to be held captive. It prevents us from doing the things we want to do, and the things we are supposed to be doing. It frustrates our desires and prevents us from fulfilling our obligations to others. We have relationships with others, we value our freedom and our ability to make choices. We need to be with our friends and family and others of our kind.

If we are kept within conditions that prevent us from fulfilling our needs we become bored, frustrated, lonely, angry and depressed. We may even die.

When we deny sentient beings their basic interests we cause them to suffer emotionally, physically or both. We cause them harm. The difficulty for farm animals is that they use shrieks hoots and howls that we do not understand and much of this happens without us being aware of it, behind closed doors.

I recommend that each time we are about to behave in a way that will have a negative impact on an animal we take a moment to visualise how our actions have affected these individuals and then to make a choice as to whether or not the interests of this animal, such as an interest in not suffering, was less important than our own interest at the time.

If we can learn to place ourselves mentally into other’s circumstances and feel what our emotional responses would be if we were that individual, I believe we can help them to move up our personal moral ladder.

When we identify non-human animals as worthy of our moral attention because they are beings with whom we can empathize, they can no longer be seen merely as food.

If we initially adopt this moral approach ourselves, we can build on it in our education system. Students who grow up with a knowledge of animal sentience and empathy for animals will see animals as individuals and have compassion for those animals.

And a world which has more children seeing chickens and cows as individuals rather than a source of fast food and drink surely has to be a better one.

https://www.animalsasia.org/intl/me...athy-and-the-moral-issues-that-divide-us.html

Michael Jackson's Pets

MJ-and-animals.png

Animals played an important role in Michael Jackson's life. One of his earliest hits was a song called Ben, which was actually a tribute to his pet rat.

Rats were just some of the animals Michael Jackson cared for. He also owned dogs and reptiles as a young boy. In fact, his 1986 line of stuffed toys called Michael's Pets reflected just some of his pets – frogs, rabbits, snakes, ostriches, giraffes, llamas and, of course, Bubbles the chimp.

Chimp Chum

Michael Jackson rescued Bubbles from a Texas cancer research clinic in 1985 when the chimpanzee was three years old. Bubbles slept in a crib in MJ’s bedroom and was the only one – human or animal – slowed to use Michael’s private bathroom.

Bubbles learned how to dance and moonwalk and was there for many award ceremonies and events. But when Michael Jackson's son Prince Michael II was born, Bubbles became aggressive and was moved to a safe, healthy animal sanctuary.

A Tangled Web

Michael Jackson also loved spiders. During one of his trials in 2002 the King Of Pop limped in, saying he’d been bitten by one of his tarantulas. His enormous ranch, Neverland, was home to many rare spiders in elaborate enclosures, as well.

PETA VS MJ

Neverland also included a private zoo, which once held an elephant, a lion and other exotic animals. In 2006 People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals filed a complaint claiming the animals were being mistreated. But when the zoo was inspected no evidence of abuse or neglect was found.

Cancelled Concerts

For his upcoming comeback concerts, it’s rumored that Michael Jackson was planning to make his entrance with exotic animals like an African elephant with panthers led on gold chains. Parrots and other birds would fly behind him.

Animal Lover
Over the years Michael Jackson reached out to animals for their unconditional love and non-judgmental friendship. It seems some of his deepest and best friendships were with the many animals with which he shared his life.

(Source):
Read more: Michael Jackson's Pets http://www.kidzworld.com/article/18750-michael-jacksons-pets#ixzz3GDJg8gOo
Follow us: @kidzworld on Twitter | kidzworld on Facebook

Michael Jackson Loves Animals ... all types

Last edited:
Animal Emotions
Do animals think and feel?
by Marc Bekoff
Jasper Bear and Jethro Dog: Ambassadors for Peace and HopeWe should look to animals for lessons in forgiveness, generosity, and hope

I wrote about Jasper's and Jethro's story a few years back, but in the past few weeks I've had a number of people ask me to write something about how to maintain hope and how to keep our dreams for a more peaceful planet for all animals, nonhuman and human. All of what I wrote a few years ago still holds, and since I wrote this essay an incredible amount of new research has shown that our relationships with other animals are very good for them and also for us, and that nonhumans truly are compassionate and empathic beings. We've also learned a lot about how other animals, domesticated, captive, and wild, also suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (see also and; PTSD).

Jasper is an Asiatic moon bear. I continue to try to practice what he teaches after many years of knowing him. Jethro was my long-time companion dog, and I also try to incorporate his lessons about compassion and love into my life. Jasper, Jethro, and many other amazing animal beings teach us numerous and very important lessons about forgiveness, generosity, dignity, peace, trust, and love. We must listen to them carefully and incorporate their gifts into our lives.

Jasper's story

Jasper's story is an incredibly inspirational lesson about forgiveness, generosity, peace, trust, and love. Jasper arrived at the Moon Bear Rescue Centre outside of Chengdu, China, in 2000 and given the name he proudly carries. Jill Robinson MBE (founder of Animals Asia) and the wonderful humans who work with her receive bears from bear farms after the bears are no longer useful to the farmers. Bears usually arrive in horrible condition, suffering from serious physical and psychological trauma. Each bear is given a complete physical and a psychological evaluation. Many need surgery because of their physical condition (missing paws, worn down teeth, or liver cancer). After they've acclimated to the center some bears have to be kept alone, whereas others can be introduced to other bears (for details about bear farming and bear rescue see).

Here's why Jasper is such an inspiring bear being. He's a true survivor. I'm sure he and his friends remind of us the dogs, cats, and other animals to whom we give care. For fifteen years Jasper's home was a tiny, filthy "crush cage" in which he couldn't move on a bear farm in China. Jasper was continually squashed to the bottom of his filthy cage to squeeze out his bile. Imagine being pinned in a phone booth for even fifteen minutes and all you could do was turn your head to drink water and eat. As if this wasn't enough, Jasper also had a rusty metal catheter inserted into his gall bladder so that his bile could be collected to treat various ailments in the spurious name of traditional Chinese medicine. Despite it all, Jasper survived and his story must be told and shared widely.

Jethro and Jasper: Exemplars of Compassion and Empathy

I met Jethro in June 1989 at the Boulder (Colorado) Humane Society. When I first met Jasper he immediately reminded me of Jethro - kind and gentle with big brown eyes that stared right into my heart. Each had a tan stripe across his chest; for Jasper the tan crescent is the reason he's called a moon bear. I'm sure it was Jasper's and Jethro's optimistic spirit and trust that allowed them to thrive.

At the humane society Jethro had the reputation for liking all the other animals, including the ducks, geese, and goats he occasionally met in the outdoor run. Jethro came home with me, kept me happy and healthy, rescued injured birds and bunnies around my mountain home, and taught me many important life lessons. One day Jethro came to my front door, stared into my eyes, and dropped a small furry saliva-covered ball at my feet. The wet ball was a very young rabbit. Jethro stared unwaveringly into my eyes, commanding me to do something, so I picked up the tiny rabbit, placed her in a box, gave her water and celery, and figured that despite Jethro and me working together to keep her alive, she was unlikely to survive the night. I also wondered whether Jethro would, at some point, decide she’d be a tasty meal.

I was wrong on both counts. Jethro remained by her side, and refused walks and meals, until I pulled him away so he could heed Nature’s call. Finally, when I released the rabbit, Jethro followed her trail and continued to do so for months. Over the years to come Jethro approached many rabbits as if they should be his friends. He also rescued a few birds who had flown into windows and even, on one occasion, a bird who had been caught by a local red fox.

Jasper's and Jethro's stories and spiritual paths are inspirational lessons for how we can all be healthy, alive, and connected, and recover from untold and unimaginable trauma with forgiveness, dignity, and grace. Each of these individuals also displayed unbounded compassion and empathy for others.

When I first met Jasper I could feel his gentle kindness. The same for Jethro. Their omniscient eyes say, "All's well, the past is past, let go and move on". Jasper's gait was slow and smooth as he approached me as I fed him peaches out of a bucket. I then gave Jasper peanut butter and his long and wiry tongue glided out of his mouth and he gently lapped the tasty treat from my fingers. Jill Robinson best describes Jasper's softness, his kind disposition: "Touching the back of his paw one day I saw his head turn towards me, soft brown eyes blinking with trust and I knew that Jasper was going to be a special friend."

Jasper knew that things were going to get better and that he would recover. Jasper tells people and other bears "All will be okay, trust me." Likewise, when I was having a bad day, Jethro also reminded me to look on the bright side of things. When Jasper was finally released from his recovery cage at the rescue centre he was delighted to be free. Jill watched him approach a bear on the other side of the bars separating them and reach out as if to shake paws with the stranger who was to become his best friend. The other bear, Delaney, AKA Aussie, sniffed Jasper's paw and then put his paws through the bars so that Jasper could return the favor. Jasper and Aussie remain close friends and I've had the pleasure -- I might say a delightful treat and honor -- of watching them play, rest together, and perhaps share stories of the their horrible pasts and the wonderful humans with whom they're lucky to live with now.

Many of the bears love to play, and this is an indication that they've substantially recovered from their trauma. When I visited the Moon Bear Rescue center in October 2008 I saw Aussie and Frank frolicking on a hammock. They were having a great time and it was incredibly inspiring to see these bears enjoying life. Jill and I shared their joy as we laughed at their silly antics. When Aussie saw Jasper ambling over he jumped off the hammock, approached Jasper, and they began roughhousing - caressing one another, biting one another's scruff and ears, and falling to the ground embracing and rolling around. After a while Jasper went over to a water hole and invited Aussie in but Aussie decided to stay on the shore and watch Jasper play in the water. Tears came to my eyes. Not only were these bears telling one another that the day was going just fine but they were also telling Jill and me that all was okay. Much of the deep trauma that they'd experienced was in the past and whatever lingered wasn't stopping them from enjoying themselves and spreading joy to other bears. Traumatized animals don't play and surely aren't as out-going as these awesome bears.

Jasper remains the peacemaker. He makes other bears feel at ease and that's how I felt when I first met him. Perhaps Jasper knows what the other bears have experienced and wants to reassure them that everything will be okay now that they've been rescued. Jasper truly opens up his heart to everyone he meets. And, I think Jasper knows the effect he has on others. Jill told me that at a social function in 2009 to celebrate their book Freedom Moon Jasper stole the show. He always does - and he knows it. But there's no arrogance at all - just trust and confidence that all is well and will continue to be so.

If one didn't know what Jasper had experienced they'd never guess for it isn't apparent from his behavior and spirit. Are Jasper and a few others special, and if so, why? Why did they recover and others do not? Bears, like dogs and other animals, display different personalities. Big Aussie still runs back into his den when he hears a strange noise or even when he sees a caterpillar in the grass. As an ethologist, I always want to learn more about each being as an individual, what they feel, how they travel through life, and how they keep their dreams alive.

I often wonder what Jasper, Aussie, and other moon bears carry in their heads - what remnants of unspeakable abuse and trauma remain. Perhaps they also talk about how lucky they are to have been rescued and that not all humans are bad, that they can trust some of us. Many of the bears have been able to get over a lot of what they experienced, at least overtly, and depend on the trust, loyalty, and love that they've developed over time with the same mammalian species - human beings - who couldn't care less about their well-being.

Jasper is the spokes-bear for forgiveness, peace, trust, and hope. I can't thank Jasper enough for sharing his journey and his dreams. Jasper, like the dogs and cats who also need us, makes us more humane and thus more human. The true spirit of humans, our inborn nature, is to help rather than to harm.

Expanding our compassion footprint and rewilding our hearts

How Jasper and other moon bears recover from their unspeakable trauma is a lesson to us all for expanding our compassion footprint - for spreading compassion throughout the world - and for rewilding our hearts and for keeping our dreams alive. Jasper, Jethro, and other animals are constantly telling us their stories in moon bear, dog, cat, elephant, chimpanzee, mouse, and other species-sorts of ways. It behooves us to be mindful and to listen to their tales very carefully for we will learn a lot about them and also a lot about ourselves. The gifts that Jasper, Jethro, and many other animals have shared with me are priceless. I can't put into words how indebted I am to Jasper and Jethro for letting me into their lives. I like to think I'm a better human being for gaining their generosity and trust. I also thank Jill Robinson and all the fine people at Animals Asia for their tireless commitment to rescue and rehabilitate abused moon bears and occasional dogs and cats. Thousands of bears still await rescue.

Henry, Stevie, Lobster, Matilde, and Butch: Five very lucky dogs

A most memorable part of one of my trips to China is also worth sharing. I accompanied the moon bear team to the Qiming Animal Rescue Centre outside of Chengdu, China where I met dogs and cats who were rescued after the terrible earthquake that devastated large parts of the Sichuan Province in May 2008. I had already met two awesome dogs aptly named Richter and Tremor (AKA Rambo because as a small dog Tremor carried himself with the confidence of Sylvester Stallone) who had somehow survived the earthquake and were living at the rescue center. At Qiming there were many dogs who needed care and Heather Bacon, the chief veterinarian at the moon bear centre, performed some minor surgeries and gave shots and medications when needed
We brought five dogs back to the bear centre for further care, as if the fine people working with the bears needed more work. I was asked to name the dogs so I did: Henry, Stevie, Lobster, Matilde, and Butch. I was especially attracted to Henry because he reminded me of Jethro, minus about 70 pounds. Henry had been caught stealing meat from a butcher and in turn had his most of his right front leg lopped off by the butcher. Somehow Henry survived and wound up at Qiming. Stevie was blind and had to have his eyes removed because they were terribly infected, Lobster also had a broken leg that healed and looked like a lobster claw, and Matilde weighed in at about ten pounds and should have weighed around forty. Butch had lost an eye in a fight with another dog and needed to have it removed. When I last inquired all were doing well and I was told that Matilde now weighs about 40 pounds and that Henry was jumping around like a kangaroo on his remaining three legs.

Compassion begets compassion, through pain comes hope

We can all make more humane and compassionate choices to expand our compassion footprint, and we can all do better. We must all try as hard as we can to keep thinking positively and proactively. Never say never, ever. Perhaps a good resolution as we welcome in a new year is that we will all try to do better for animals - both non-human and human - and earth and work for more peace and justice for all. We can and must keep our hopes and dreams alive.

There is no doubt that these dogs and the moon bears are incredibly lucky for having the attention of all the fine people at the rescue centre. The animals who I meet around the world and the amazing people who selflessly help them are all amazing beings. We can all be inspired by them (see, for example) and know that we must always keep our hopes and dreams alive. The good, the bad, the ugly, and our deep, enduring, and heartfelt commitment to help those in need make us better humans. Compassion begets compassion. Through pain comes hope.

The teaser image is a wonderful heartwarming shot of a recovered Jasper playing with one of his favorite toys (Courtesy of Animals Asia).

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ear-and-jethro-dog-ambassadors-peace-and-hope

0ab52fb3e9fb5f83c44cd9afce5bcf4f.jpg

#Follow Our MJJC Legacy Team Project Pinterest, tumblr, Facebook & Twitter for more:

In the Bible, it says God gives us charge over the creatures on land, sea, and air; Animals. God says to take care of these animals with respect and care, letting no harm come to them. Michael Jackson loved lots of animals and took those words to heart, as he said it did bring him closer to the creator. Michael starting his pet collection while still living at his family home in havenhurst, with mice, snakes, birds, llamas, tiggers, and ofcourse dogs and cats (witch he had many of) continued his missioin when he move out and into his ranch in Santa Inez Califonia. But where did he get these animals from? Im pretty sure he got the dogs and cats and mice from pet shops, but what about the rests?

The llamas, tiggers, deer, giraffes that Michael housed and feed, and took care of were mostly rescues. Abandoned and some set to be slaughterd thought of as uselss, Jackson rescued these animals. they were often older, put to pature showbiz animals. some were from closed down zoo's, or ex trained circus animals. And some were just gifts from friends and colleges, they new how much michael loved & cared for all animals. Though he had help with them Jackson still read and reasearched on his own to make sure his pack was given the best care. Michael was well versed in the origins, care, and need of these exotic creaters, and did everthing thing to keep them feed, safe, fit and make them comfortabe.

Sabu & Thriller
Michael Jackson had a deep love and interest for animals and the planet. Michael’s Neverland Ranch was filled with domestic and exotic animals within the gates. During the 1980’s one of Michael favorite pets, was Bubbles the chimpanzee. He was Michael’s constant pet of choice even appearing in videos like "Liberian Girl" and "Leave Me Alone." As he aged, Bubbles became aggressive and Michael had to give him to an animal sanctuary in California. Bubbles has been living in the Center for Great Apes in Florida, since 2004.

Michael also had a great interest in cats domestic and wild in nature. There are numerous pictures of Michael as a child and young adult with kittens. This love for cats also materialized in his videos as well. Domestic and wild cats were featured in Jackson’s videos like "Billie Jean" and "Remember the Time." In Michael’s short film, "Black or White" a panther was featured as It was revealed that the panther was Michael causing him to break into that controversial panther dance that was censored in the film for some time. The outtakes photos for the infamous "Thriller" album included the singer holding a tiger cub. Michael’s love for animals found its way within his art.

Jackson’s self-penned songs Will You Be There, and Childhood were featured in the film, "Free Willy" and the film’s subsequent sequel. The film’s main purpose was for animal conservation and giving the killer wale, Keiko a more suitable environment to live. Jackson’s care for animals and the planet continued to serve as inspiration for his art. In 1995, Michael Jackson released the single "Earth Song." The song’s video features the breakdown of the planet including several pieces of footage that features animal abuse. "Earth Song" is Michael’s biggest selling single in the UK, and the singer received the Genesis award for positive attention given to animal rights.

Michael Jackson made the painful decision to give his animals up for adoption when he left his ranch permantly in 2005. In an interview with Tippi Hedren, she talked here about Michael's care of his animals. Ms. Hendren, mother of Melanie Griffith made famous by Alfred Hitchcock Film The Birds, is best known for her lifelong love and commitment to animal rights, particularly The Roar Foundation's Shambala Preserve in California, which she founded in 1983.

This is the place where Jackson's Tigers Sabu and Thriller were sent to go live when he had to give them up for adoption. she was asked about the treatment of Jackson's tigers knowing that her experience qualifies her to determine the health and stability of these creatures, she replied "They were absolutely beautifully treated. " also learned that for a three year period she and Michael Jackson shared the same veterinarian, Martin Dinne. She said, "Everything was perfect for those animals, they had the best food, best human care, wonderful areas to live, it was spectacular. Michael loved those animals. When Michael had to give them up he asked Marty (the vet) to find the best homes in the U.S. for them. Michael once said about his animals, "Everything that I love is behind those gates. We have elephants, and giraffes, and crocodiles, and every kind of tigers and lions. And - and we have bus loads of kids, who don't get to see those things. They come up, sick children, and enjoy it." Foundation like make a wish and Inner-city schools from Los Angeles and throughout Southern California would ask to have students feild trip there, kids who's families can't afford a theme park, or who have never seen animals up close, got the opportunity to visit with the animals.

The ranch occupies 2,700 acres, this was a place for the animals to roam free, no cages no lock ups, and the pople really enjoyed the beauty of atmosphere there. It was beautifully landscaped, manicured land with lots of flowers .Even when Michael was not there, he still opened up his home and shared it. Neverland was a place for people of all ages to come and feel super-special. A place he shared with children who greatly benefited from his charitable efforts. Everyone enjoyed movies at the theater house, popcorn and cotton candy and other types of food provided by Michael. But Neverland was not just a "theme park" it was Michael's home, a place were he could be comfortable, inviting freinds and other celebrities-colleges to visit with him there. And when he was home, Neverland accommadated his whole family, where his chidren, brothers, sisters, cousins, nieces and nephews gathered. A place where friends came to see him, and he provided for them.

[video=youtube_share;YYyU3USJ-8E]http://youtu.be/YYyU3USJ-8E[/video]

Keiko survived 5 years in the wild.
I understand they didn´t find his family or perhaps didn´t know wnat family he had.
He was lonely and was searching company from humans.
But it seems he was healthier in the sea than when he lived at sea world and he was swimming long distances.
Maybe he had met his orca family one day if he hadn´t got pneumonia.
I think there were times he felt lonely but I think he had some good times too.

We can learn a lesson from this,it´s important to find the family for the orca you release.

I believe that Michael would have appreciated this woman and her loving lion.

"THIS WOMAN IN THE VIDEO FOUND THIS LION INJURED IN THE FOREST AND ABOUT TO DIE. SHE TOOK THE LION WITH HER AND NURSED THE LION BACK TO HEALTH. WHEN THE LION WAS BETTER SHE MADE ARRANGEMENTS WITH A ZOO TO TAKE THE LION AND GIVE IT A NEW AND HAPPY HOME.
THIS VIDEO WAS TAKEN WHEN THE WOMAN AFTER SOME TIME WENT TO VISIT THE LION TO SEE HOW HE WAS DOING.
WATCH THE LION'S REACTION WHEN HE SEES HER.. AMAZING! ALSO AMAZING HOW THEY [LION & WOMAN] ARE TOGETHER! ANIMALS ARE EVOLVED EMOTIONALLY MORE THAN MOST HUMANS WOULD WANT TO BELIEVE." HAVE A WATCH BELOW.

The GoPro production crew journeys to Africa to explore the danger and beauty of Kevin Richardson's passions for lions and their future. Watch what happens.

For more information on Lion Conservation, please visit: http://www.lionwhisperer.co.za/index.php/conservation/captivity

Last edited:
kcrg_dog_hospital_03_jc_150212_16x9_992.jpg

Best Heart Warming Story of the Day ! I believe Michael would have loved a dog like this in his family and all our families :heart:

In a real world a Cissy really means A TRUE HERO !

Call it coincidence or love, but a miniature Schnauzer in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, ended up at the hospital where her owner is battling cancer -- even though the dog was originally 20 blocks away at home.
A surveillance camera in the hospital lobby caught the dog entering through the automatic doors and wandering around.
The dog, named Sissy, belongs to Nancy Franck, 64, who has been at Mercy Medical Center for about two weeks following surgery. Her husband, Dale Franck, 66, had been taking care of Sissy and her brother Barney, also a miniature Schnauzer, back home.
“She was on a mission that night to see her mom," Dale Franck told ABC News today, "but she couldn't find the right elevator to take."

kcrg_dog_hospital_01_jc_150212_4x3_992.jpg

PHOTO: A miniature schnauzer named Sissy in Cedar Rapids, Iowa is captured on security footage after she ran away from home to find her owner at a hospital 15 blocks away.

The Source:
http://abcnews.go.com/…/dog-shows-hospital-owner-bat…/story…

That's wonderful. People underestimate the emotional bond animals have with the people they become close to.

Back