Michael and katy perry at superbowl 49?

Great great game so far. 14-14 - great touchdown with only 2 seconds till halftime. :)

I doubt very much we will see a MJ hologram - but we will see any minute now...

Great performance!!

Her music is not the best. - But amazing performance...

Miss Elliot guest apperance.

It was cute. The one thing I like about Katy Perry is her throwback to the 50's. I liked the dancing sharks and dancing palm trees and surfboards. :)

They flew her in the air with fireworks shooting off. I was afraid her hair would catch fire. You'd think they'd know better!!

Katy Perry is not my kind of music. (is it really music??)

But the show was very entertaining - great show.

Reviews are already out on local tv and newspapers. Lots of comments. KP didn't fare so well but people all like the family friendly stuff.
Also apparently Missy Eliott made the show.

Michael doing nothing for 90 seconds was more entertaining and dramatic but I'm glad it was just a rumor. I mean, I remember in 2008 he authorized his Thriller choreography being featured in a Super Bowl ad (lizards/geckos were dancing) but it didn't mean he'd perform in the half time show.

To add the commercial I'm talking about.

Last edited:
^^haha-that was cute-especially with their little tails dragging behind them. Thanks for posting this-I've never seen it before.

Yikes, Snow REALLY hates Katy Perry.

Anyhoo, back to happy times, it was a really well put together show. I wish Lennys part was longer. Maybe one of his songs to do with Katy, too.
That screen-stage was awesome and works well form a stadium standpoint. Making it look like a beach was cute.

I'd put it over Madonnas.

And lol at whoever thought anything MJ was actually gonna be there.

Michael Jackson and Katy Perry.

Also, why do we put her "music" in quotes? Her dumb pop tunes are no better or worse than the other stuff out there today. Does everything need to be an iconic masterpiece rather than just be fun and catchy? Remember fun anyone? Also, remember Fun. anyone? They need to put out another album already.

Here's sharks dancing.

tumblr_nj4imfJI0L1qhzi2jo1_250.gif

tumblr_nj4imfJI0L1qhzi2jo2_250.gif

Snoop!! :eek:

(On a side note, rather annoying that embedding tweets and the like on this forum never works)

AtlasAir;4071517 said:
Anyhoo, back to happy times, it was a really well put together show. I wish Lennys part was longer. Maybe one of his songs to do with Katy, too.
That screen-stage was awesome and works well form a stadium standpoint. Making it look like a beach was cute.

I'd put it over Madonnas.

Katy's show was too much directed to kiddies for my liking:D

I have to agree with Anderson Cooper
Anderson Cooper @andersoncooper · 15h 15 hours ago
When did Nickelodeon take over halftime?

The only great thing she did for this show was to get Missy and Lenny to it. Missy totally rocked:clapping:

--------------------------------------------------
On different note, seemingly Katy's fans are as brainless as Kanye West's
http://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...er-bowl-performer-missy-elliot-is-660537.html

You would think that those youngsters have access to internet to do simple google search but no:bugeyed

Let's face it: we all are just jealous of the epic dance moves performed at Katy's half time show.

wi8src56el4lhgdd3jty.gif

I fell asleep after 19 minutes, which in fact was only 3 minutes of game time.. crazy..

Let's face it: we all are just jealous of the epic dance moves performed at Katy's half time show.

wi8src56el4lhgdd3jty.gif

Damn! If Michael saw that he would have thrown his hands up and said ''I'm done''. Cause not even he can compete with that!

''hey, i'm throwing my arms.. look at me.. a weird ass shark making a fool of everyone''

That shark costume was the only good part. :D
I thought this whole little dancing beach part was charming. Not as charming as the stadium in 93 flipping cards to create little kids of all races holding hands, but pretty darn cute.
Saved the show for me!!

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...er-bowl-performer-missy-elliot-is-660537.html

You would think that those youngsters have access to internet to do simple google search but no:bugeyed

Yeah, the kids today don't know who Missy is. Hah

But it helped her, because 3 of her songs jumped into the iTunes charts after the show.

It's always weird when you hear an iconic artist is unknown the the next generation.

You do realise that the "Kanye West is gonna make this Paul McCartney fellow blow up!!!" is all just a joke, right? The joke is made on just about every comment section related to the Kanye West and Paul McCartney collaborations. The media tried to make it look like Kanye West fans didn't know who Paul McCartney is (and there might understandably be a small minority who do not know who he is), but it was mostly a joke that some people took seriously for whatever.

It's very likely the same case here with Missy Elliot. Have to admit, it's kinda funny seeing people actually take those jokes so seriously though.

I fell asleep after 19 minutes, which in fact was only 3 minutes of game time.. crazy..

This was my first time to actually watch American Football for more than few minutes. I didn't like how the game stops all the time but actually it was entertaining to watch. I went to sleep after the half-time show because it was like 3:30 in the morning.

Last edited:
You do realise that the "Kanye West is gonna make this Paul McCartney fellow blow up!!!" is all just a joke, right? The joke is made on just about every comment section related to the Kanye West and Paul McCartney collaborations. The media tried to make it look like Kanye West fans didn't know who Paul McCartney is (and there might understandably be a small minority who do not know who he is), but it was mostly a joke that some people took seriously for whatever.

It's very likely the same case here with Missy Elliot. Have to admit, it's kinda funny seeing people actually take those jokes so seriously though.
finally somebody else who realizes that people were making (pretty funny) jokes. I was super aggravated that the news media was so ignorant not to recognize sarcasm and turn it into a news story.

Back