Michael getting poor reviews on Michaeljackson.com

put it this way, Akon - Kanye - Will.i.am - Fergie have more at stake than Michael..

Michael has nothing to loose...

he already has.. the biggest selling album in history, songwriters hall of fame and rock/roll hall of fame (twice).. and so on and so on..

the original .. still has all its acalades. and NOTHING can change history thats already .. documented...

bring it on...

Last edited:
I think it might be upsetting to some fans that Thriller is being dragged through the mud by having it slaughtered by some of today's artists. That might be why they're giving it negative reviews.

Thriller is a classic, and people have copied it for ages , but the mutilations have never been officially recognized like this.

I agree. I hate the fact Thriller is being re-released/marketed almost as a new 2007 version of the Thriller album, because of the stupid Hip Hop remixes to already amazing songs.

I'm not pleased that such a great album like Thriller is being cheapened by the likes of Kanya West and Akon. The Thriller (Special Edition) release in 2001 with unreleased demos etc, was brilliant because the bonus tracks gave us fans more insight in to the creation of the Thriller album. But what are these new stupid Hip Hip remixes of Billie Jean, Wanna Be Startin Somethin etc doing on an album like Thriller that still sounds new and fresh in the 2000's. I'm sure the Michael original version of Billie Jean still sounds more current than the new Kanye West remix of Billie Jean which will sound dated in the very near future.

Michael shouldn't let current producers near his classic albums from 1979-97, and Thriller should be left the way it was in the 1980's. I'd be happy to by a re-released 25th Anniversary Thriller album with it's original track listen restored, and improved digital sound. Remixes are nothing more than cheap gimmicks.

'Ay, I don't dig it either but that's why I'm thankful for the fact that the original album IS in there so if people can choose to, they can ignore the remixes and listen to the classic album so it's all good. :D

'Ay, I don't dig it either but that's why I'm thankful for the fact that the original album IS in there so if people can choose to, they can ignore the remixes and listen to the classic album so it's all good. :D

That's true, you can ignore the remixes. And I will be ignoring the remixes, but the remixes ruin the overall tone of the Thriller album if there not on a separate disc.

4 all we know, he likes the new mixes.

how many times has mj 'almost' been done w/ sony? wasn't vince the last one? then it became TUC then it was the essential....ever think he's going along w/ it b/c he knows the fans will continue to rebuy things they already own?

4 all we know, he likes the new mixes.

how many times has mj 'almost' been done w/ sony? wasn't vince the last one? then it became TUC then it was the essential....ever think he's going along w/ it b/c he knows the fans will continue to rebuy things they already own?

Hmm, that's a good possibility.

well, Max.. I BET you those so called 'hack's are going to get him a #1 song and allow his new album to be Welcomed by the music critics.....................

and I don't believe Michael is saying 'whatever'.. I think he would retire if he felt that way...

he has a plan and he is setting it in motion.. give it a chance.. if you have lasted thru the trial.. I am sure you can ride the waves on this one, right???
i'm down with Michael for Life no matter what, but that doesn't mean i ain't gonna call something wack not out. this is weak IMO. being down and voicing a an opinion are two different things. Peace

Back