Michael Jackson biopic may be in the works thanks to good friend Brett Ratner, 'Tower Heist' directo

Didnt brett say some kind of ish bout mj that alot of fans werent happy bout? or maybe im getting him confused with someone else... :unsure:

I thought Ratner's relationship with MJ didn't end well because Al Malnik or something like that??? Personally, I think it's too quick to do a biopic and Ratner is just an ok director. On the other hand, I don't think a 2 hr or 2.5 hr film can cover completely of MJ's story. If the want to do the film, they might only focus on the dramatic things: allegation, drug problems etc. I thought there are also some news said the estate is talking to do the biopic too. Wonder how all these going to end?

Yeh something happened but cant remember excatly what it was

Yeah... they think we forgot. MJ's very short friendship with Ratner ended badly.

I wonder if fans who are supporting Frank Cascio ever took the time and ask themselves, if Frank was really close to MJ in the latter years, why did he remain cozy with so many people MJ literally hated.

From the fake Rabbi to Brett Ratner..... the guy seems to pal around with people we all know MJ castrated from his life. Many of whom were given the boot, around the same time period MJ distanced himself from Frank Cascio (Not his whole family, only Frank) ....One has to wonder...

Hell No. This is not the biopic I hoped for. Seems like a money grubbing move from all parties inolved. The Estate better put a stop to it.

This biopic has lots of potential - scenes of mj water bombing homeless people, chatting up simpletons and of course having his life controlled by mysterious arabs. I think i'll be giving it a miss.

I hate the idea of a biopic of Michael's life, it's just another thing to turn his life in to a soap oprah away from all he wanted to be known as which was genius musician/entertainer he was.

I don't want to see an actor playing Michael, it's an impossible task for anyone to pull off. If Michael's life is ever made in to a film it should be a documentary using film footage and photos of Michael with Michael's own voice culled from interviews and home records tell his life story. Not a film directed by Brett Ratner who Michael is rumoured have disliked, and allegedly referred to Brett as "The Rat".

I am willing to bet, Frank Cascio tried to sell the movie idea to John Branca (as he said he would) and Branca probably to hit the unemployment line.

This story reads like an extortion plot....trying to force the estate's hands to go in business with Ratner and Cascio.

No movie based on Cascio's book please. I'd rather Taraborelli... At least he researched his subject.

Cascio already admitted, his book is nothing more than his opinion ....not fact-based. You can't do a biography flick based on innuendos, and made up stories (My extrapolation: he saved MJ from certain death during the earth song bridge accident).

Scene 23: Frank Cascio's view: Michael married Lisa Marie to please the arabs

Scene 24: Frank Cascio's father's view: Michael married LMP because he wanted a family.

Conclusion:

Dichotomy doesn't make for a great movie. I suggest Frank Cascio go back to his old job.... (Whatever he was doing before MJ passed)
This.

Better not do it at all, than do a half assed job. Just my opinion...

Bodyguards wrote there was a person Michael really hated-besides Sneddon and accusers of course.
I don´t remember but it might be a fan who wrote some names and asked if it was one of those.
Bodyguards said yes,they would tell who it was in their book.
One of the names were Brett Ratner.
It seems we don´t get an answer who it was now.

I think if a film has to be made, make it a documentary film like SENNA. That was beuitifuly put together and it uses only real footage of the man! Know one can recreate the races or act-out driving a Formula 1 car like Senna did!!! Same as MJ know one can act-out Michael on stage or just be him.
Also to fit everything in it could be done over 3 films ( trilogy) with an annual release -
Part 1 Jackson 5 up to Off the wall
Part 2 Thriller up to 90's
Part 3 90's to This is it

Last edited:
MIST;3588947 said:
Bodyguards wrote there was a person Michael really hated-besides Sneddon and accusers of course.
I don´t remember but it might be a fan who wrote some names and asked if it was one of those.
Bodyguards said yes,they would tell who it was in their book.
One of the names were Brett Ratner.
It seems we don´t get an answer who it was now.

tbh i would take anything they say with a pinch of salt. they have a book to sell and worked for mj for all of two minutes. i doubt they even knew about mjs relationship with ratner let alone any issues

I'm happy with the short film's that I have featuring 'The Real Michael J Jackson' anything less won't do, They could never fit even part of his amazing nature...his true Genius...his beautiful personality and dedication to his art and humanity...charities ect , even a 10hr film wouldn't suffice. Best to leave well alone.

Yeah... they think we forgot. MJ's very short friendship with Ratner ended badly.

I wonder if fans who are supporting Frank Cascio ever took the time and ask themselves, if Frank was really close to MJ in the latter years, why did he remain cozy with so many people MJ literally hated.

From the fake Rabbi to Brett Ratner..... the guy seems to pal around with people we all know MJ castrated from his life. Many of whom were given the boot, around the same time period MJ distanced himself from Frank Cascio (Not his whole family, only Frank) ....One has to wonder...

Good points Meme but some do not ask these indepth questions. I cringe at any biopic that does not wholly come from the estate and is not fully researched. They need to pull together a team of collaborators that have valid information about Michael and not just slop from tabloids and friends who have an ax to grind.

Here we have Frank on board, but you cannot get a true picture of Michael by having one source, i.e., Frank. We would have a movie of opinions. They need people who know why Michael did certain things so the motivations that go along with his actions and decisions can be projected in the movie. You cannot have Michael simple moving in the movie like a puppet--the way the media portray him--without the audience seeing how and why his life unfolded in the way it did. We would get something like:- depicting a Michael who is becoming lighter, without showing the importance of the vit, and him going through the emotions and pains as he tries to deal with it in a realistic way with his doctors. We do not want that!!!!

This guy, I doubt, would not waste time on doing such an indepth analysis before he makes the movie, because he and Frank want a quick buck. He probably wants to be known as the guy who did the first post 09 Movie of Michael. One would think Frank got enough from the book deal to last a lifetime. Also, I cringe at the idea that a Schmulley would be adding input in a movie. He also has his own agenda and is a crook.

Yeah... they think we forgot. MJ's very short friendship with Ratner ended badly.I wonder if fans who are supporting Frank Cascio ever took the time and ask themselves, if Frank was really close to MJ in the latter years, why did he remain cozy with so many people MJ literally hated.From the fake Rabbi to Brett Ratner..... the guy seems to pal around with people we all know MJ castrated from his life. Many of whom were given the boot, around the same time period MJ distanced himself from Frank Cascio (Not his whole family, only Frank) ....One has to wonder...
I just dont trust anyone whatsoever now when it comes to mj, as we just dont know if they being truthful

I just dont trust anyone whatsoever now when it comes to mj, as we just dont know if they being truthful

That's another thing. Michael has so many so-called friends that their input is hard to trust. The bodyguards, for example, say they saw Michael dazed, but they do not know why. They assume he is taking drugs, so if they show that in a movie, there is no demonstration of him taking medicine for a specific reason to case this dazed state. Such a movie would have people running with the wrong idea again.

This is off topic, but I met a family last week who told me they heard on the TV (I do not know if this was in 09 or later) that Michael was so thin when he died that his back broke when they lifted him up; Muarry are the kids dad and wanted to kill Michael to get the kids and money; Michael died because he was taking drugs like cocaine and bleaching his skin. Now these sources are from reporters on TV so we really have to be careful of who give input in this movie. We cannot have a movie that does not show a true story of Michael because it would feed into the trash that this family heard on TV.

The reason I hate this is not only because of the issues surrounding the relationship between Ratner and Michael, but also because Ratner is not a very good director.

I doubt any bio will happen in the near future. didnt branca say not long back a bio isnt on the agenda

I agree I don`t think Cascio and Ratner are the people to make a biopic.

But I will not agree that Ratner was a bad person for Michael. There are only some rumors or does someone know for sure he makes something bad.
I think Chris Tucker would know it if Michael didn`t like him anymore. Here is a interview from 2007 with Ratner and Tucker. The second part is only about Michael.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/chris-tucker-and-brett-ratner,14135/

Last edited:
Isn't Brett Ratner the nephew of Neil Ratner?

Isn't Neil Ratner the "doctor" who introduced Michael to the idea of using Propofol as a sleep regulator back in the 80's?

I doubt any bio will happen in the near future. didnt branca say not long back a bio isnt on the agenda

I think it was more like right now they are putting it on hold until they find a good script or something to that effect. This means to me that it is merely not on the priority list right now.

Isn't Brett Ratner the nephew of Neil Ratner?
Welcome to the board Unbelievable :) Not to my knowledge. Even if he was I wouldnt hold Brett accountable for who or what his uncles may or may not have done in the past before he even met MJ.. I had some very shady uncles - Im not responsible for thier actions. At All

Isn't Neil Ratner the "doctor" who introduced Michael to the idea of using Propofol as a sleep regulator back in the 80's?
Its possible. Alll we can do is speculate based on what little info we have. We just dont know if he was the one who "introduced" MJ to that method of sleeping. But there is information implying he did use propoful to help MJ sleep while on various tours.

Mod Note
To turn this thread a discussion about Neil Rattner who may or may not be related to Brett would Derail the topic of this thread. But you or others are more than welcome to start your own thread about Neil Ratner in the Controversy forum :) Thanks for your cooperation.

Isn't Brett Ratner the nephew of Neil Ratner?Isn't Neil Ratner the "doctor" who introduced Michael to the idea of using Propofol as a sleep regulator back in the 80's?
Ratner worked for mj on the history tour in the mid 90's Info on him giving mj diprivan comes from speculative comments made in a lawsuit. please share if u have evidence of him being related to brett

Don't know about this… no biopic can do Michael justice or be entirely accurate about his life.

Back