MICHAEL JACKSON Rehearsal 06-18-09 audio [LINKS ADDED]

Re: MICHAEL JACKSON June 18th 2009 audio (soon)

Damien posted me saying that he will start it in 30 minutes.. basically depending on the file size he said could take 1-2 hours to do.. so!!! STAY UP!

Ah damn, now i can't go to sleep!

Hope these get uploaded soon

I would love to hear these too.. KOPV thank you

Can't wait! Thank you Damien, thank you KOPV and thank you to your friend :D

I'f I'm a sleep by the time it posts.. sorry! Ive seen em' so I'm ok.. I really wanted to share the experience when it's shared though! Ill check in tomarrow IF I'm asleep by the time it's posted.. I have to be up KINDA early considering how late it would be

Dayum KOPV . . . I'm in AZ too, I can't stay awake until 2am! I guess I'll be listening to this tomorrow morning. Thanks so much for sharing!

Ooh, this would be great!!
It's morning here, so I'm going nowhere:D

^^ LOL so lucky!! perfect setting.. aint got nothin' planned.. just sittin, and waiting.. morning.. NICE!! I like it.

Now for the rest of you, that it's night.. I hope you all find it worth the wait (for those who are staying up)..

all I wanna say is thank you KOPV and to all who helped out :)

patiently waiting

Another big thank you to KOPV. Any updates from Damien??

no further updates.. I'm asuming he's leaving the computer for those 30 minutes.. and that's why he would not work on them.. hints no updates!! I hope we get it sooner than 2 hours though.. I hope it goes much faster than he expected and all.

Or he's just going to view everything first, then post.. hmm! I wonder ha ha

Hi, I work at a university institution and have superfast upload speeds. If you want me to upload somewhere send me a PM and I can do it for you.

Thanks

Great! Can't wait to hear this!

Where is the file? link

thanjs

bump...is this still happening...
thanks for everyone for everything btw

I'm planning on going to bed you guys.. I hope once it's up you enjoy! I'll check in when I wake up with you!! I have not heard from Damien yet, so I asume he's working on it.. Hopefully you guys can get the files soon..

Staff: If you could please edit the posts where the files are on the first post to make it easier for everyone once it comes up..?!?!?!?? :)

thanks in advanced

Thank you Damien for the work, and thank you fellow MJJCers for the thank you's and gratitude!! I hope you LOVE IT

o well dnt think its going to happen

probably too good to be true :(

Staff: If you could please edit the posts where the files are on the first post to make it easier for everyone once it comes up..?!?!?!?? :)

thanks in advanced

If I see them i'll do it. :) I'm around on here from work for a few hours. Hopefully he'll do them soon.

In the mean time, Here! I'll post the email my friend sent me! You'll find it as a nice read..

Hi, Rasheed, how are you holding up, bud? Hope you've been well...

I've been trying to figure out how to get you the files I recorded that night which I know neither of us will ever forget, where we were fortunate enough to share, at least listening in from the outside, one of Michael's final performances on stage, just days before the horrific, inbearable tragedy of his loss took place...as you may recall, I tried but wasn't able to send you the files due to the limits on my e-mail (some of the files were too big), and I'm really sorry for the delay but I honestly didn't have the energy to really look into it lately...couldn't even bear to look at those vids for some time, 'cause it just hurt a lot to do so, but I'm trying my best to move on, so...

Anyway, the good news is I finally found a way to get you the files! I found this website where you can upload files for free (up to 2 GB), so I uploaded 'em there! Here's what you gotta do:

1) Go to +++++++++++ edit

2) Log in with the following:

- E-mail: @@@@@@@@ edit
- Password: ******** edit

3) There you'll see a folder called "MJ Forum Rehearsal 6-18-09", and you have two ways to do it: the easiest way is to highlight the folder, click on the little triangle that appears on the right, which brings down a dropdown menu, and click on "download folder." The other way would be to click on the actual folder, and download each file individually, but there's no point doing all that extra work, right?

And that's it! I tested it out myself and it seems to work fine, but let me know if you have any problems with it. I only wish I'd recorded more! Some songs I only recorded little bits of, parts where I thought he'd be singing live, and when it seemed it wasn't live, I just cut it. Now I wish I'd recorded every single second, and I kick myself for not having done so!

Here's a description of what the files contain:

1) Jogging to the forum/Dangerous: So this shows my initial run towards the Forum, not knowing what (if anything) I'd even hear! Unfortunately, these first videos have very poor/low sound quality, because the music was just too far from that side door, so you can barely hear anything! So here we have Dangerous, with an intro segment from Morphine (which you can't really hear, but I totally remember), among other sounds (like the intro to heartbreak hotel, a whistling sound like the one in Stranger in Moscow, etc.). This video was interrupted at the end when Yana texted me (you'll hear a loud chime at the end) as the group wanted updates of what was happening!

2) Black or White/long guitar solo: I remember that Black or White had the traditional intro (as seen in the Dangerous and HIStory Tours), and he didn't seem to be singing it live, so I didn't get much of this one. I did notice the end had a long guitar solo, which I recorded here since it was different than previous versions. What also sucked is, as you'll recall, with LAX so close airplanes kept flying overhead so sometimes they made a crapload of noise and drowned out the already-low music! Good thing I made video files, which record louder on my phone, than just audio files, or we wouldn't be able to hear ANYTHING!

3) Dirty Diana/Beat It: Okay, so the guitar-heavy rock n' roll section of the concert continues, now Dirty Diana was AWESOME 'cause he WAS singing it live!!!! It sounded great, and I had a hard time getting my damn phone to start recording at first! And then, once I did, a freakin' slow and loud plane flew overhead, so that didn't help either! Hopefully, you can still make out some of the music...if I'm not mistaken, he didn't sing the 3rd verse, but rather after the chorus it continues instrumentally until the end...at this point I ran to find a better location and found the doors upstairs (remember those, how much louder it was up there?).

So I continued recording the same video file, but now Beat It had started, and WOW now you can really hear the music!!!! And you can clearly hear Michael singing and yelling (ho! ho!!) live at the end, too!!!! This is one of my all-time faves, I was in heaven!!!!! After Beat It, there was a long pause with no music and just then my phone crapped out on me (as you may recall), and that's when I ran back to the group (I was afraid rehearsals were over and Mike would be leaving!), and that's when I met you and Lucy!

4) Ghosts/Threatened: This, you'll recall, is where you came in, and the Ghosts segment started right after Thriller, which I didn't record 'cause I knew you were getting it, which then transitioned into Threatened (which at first I mistakenly thought was 2Bad!) Remember how exciting that was???

5) Threatened/Thriller Laugh Ending: This is the end of the previous song/s, and the end of the "scary music" segment of this is it! Earth Song was next but I didn't record any of it, since it seemed like it wasn't live, and nothing was changed (did you record any of it?)

6) We Are the World: There's less to say about these last files 'cause you were there! The cool thing about We Are the World is that instead of just being instrumental as in his previous concerts, his back-up singers were actually singing the lyrics live...remember how we were trying to listen really hard to see if Michael would sing here as well? Turned out, of course, this was just an interlude and he'd be back for the next song....

7) Heal the World: As you may recall, it seemed like this wasn't live until the end (as in previous tours), so I didn't get much of this one either...After the song you can hear someone giving technical directions to the lighting people, possibly Kenny Ortega, at the end saying “…and fade.”

8) Billie Jean: Started recording it in case it was live, but stopped when we saw it wasn't, so there's not much of Billie Jean, I hate to say...man, I totally regret not having just left it recording, what the hell was I thinking?!?! I couldn't think straight, just knowing Michael was only a few feet away from us actually PERFORMING Billie Jean onstage, right there as we were listening to it!!!!

9) End of Billie Jean: Of course, I started recording towards the end of the song, in case MJ sang this part live, and it sounds to me like he did, thought not a lot! I let it go through the entire drums-only ending to see if I could get MJ singing "Bille Jean is not my lover" at the end, and even though I'm sure he did, with the back-up singers saying it as well it's kinda hard to tell!

10) Will You Be There: Last song! Remember how stoked we were that he was apparently doing this live 'cause he messed up on the lyrics and we both looked at each other like WOW! It IS live, oh my God, MJ's singing Will You Be There live right NOW and we're HERE listening to it!!!!!!!

11) End of Will You Be There: Here's the last file, where I tried to get the final spoken/poem part of the song, which also seemed to sound live to me...and right after that it seemed to all be over and we ran back to the group, remember??? Wow, what an amazing night!!!!!!

I'll never forget it, and it really was awesome to meet both you and Lucy that same night, under such incredible circumstances. I hope even though the audio quality's poor, that these files help bring back some of the excitement we felt, some of the joy MJ brought into our lives without even knowing it...!

Take care, dude, and keep in touch! My best to Lucy,

ill believe it when i see it

Thank you so so so sooooo much KOPV and Mr. Shields.
It is so nice of you to share with us! really.

I'm downloading right now. I can't wait to hear a bit of his sweet voice.

Back