Michael Jackson Scream - The Album

Maybe off tiopic, but you can see how Elvis Estate is using any opportunity for successful projects to keep them on earning money and having no.1s in the UK.

New Elvis Presley Christmas album with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra to be released in November

It's the third album of orchestral re-workings of tracks performed by Elvis, following 2016's The Wonder Of You and 2015's If I Can Dream, the latter of which has sold over 1.1 million copies. Both reached Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart.

What about MJ with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra album????

Funny thing is none of that is Elvis's music as he didn't compose a damn thing.
They should name the real composers behind those songs.

Doesn't matter to a lot of people. He's still known as "The King".

That's why it says "tracks performed by Elvis." Plus, these orchestral re-workings feature his vocals.

I presume you also get pissed off when people refer to Man in the Mirror, Human Nature and Thriller as Michael Jackson songs?

The album is for casual fans, halloween parties and new fans, the glow in the dark vinyl is to hook the collectors
again.. that was exactly my point.. collectors are not going to by an album JUST for the packaging.. There has to be SOMETHING new to get bigger fans to buy.

again.. that was exactly my point.. collectors are not going to by an album JUST for the packaging.. There has to be SOMETHING new to get bigger fans to buy.

I would buy it even if it didn't glow in the dark and I consider myself big (huge) fan.

I don't know about that-several members have already said in this thread that they already have it on pre-order.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Albums set to be released September 29th:<br>•Miley Cyrus- Younger Now<br>•Demi Lovato- TMYLM<br>•Michael Jackson- Scream<br>•Shania Twain- Now <a href="https://t.co/M1XqBXKhjn">pic.twitter.com/M1XqBXKhjn</a></p>&mdash; Pop News (@PopAlarms) <a href="https://twitter.com/PopAlarms/status/909554699291869184">17. September 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#1 will be impossible against Miley and Demi. Probably #3 if there is no bigger releases few weeks back.

just don't put expectations on this scream album sales... unless there is something new I don't know.. releasing old songs in new packaging usually does not stack up against new albums with new material. I mean taylor swifts fallowing alone is pretty dang big!

Demi isn't that big and Shania isn't that big anymore. Beating Miley will be tough but her label has done a poor job of promoting her recent single so there is hope. Personally I don't care about sales & chart positions of a compilation album. I'm just hoping to see Thriller selling well during the Halloween season as it always does.

Demi isn't that big and Shania isn't that big anymore. Beating Miley will be tough but her label has done a poor job of promoting her recent single so there is hope. Personally I don't care about sales & chart positions of a compilation album. I'm just hoping to see Thriller selling well during the Halloween season as it always does.

I don't really think that being big has to anything with the Billboard 200 chart. Being #1 is much more easy on the Billboard 200, than the The 100 chart. I don't think this album will be #1. Maybe, maaaaybe being it an Halloween album will make it more attractive towards some buyers. I don't really have any expectations. We'll see.

[FONT=&amp]Why Michael Jackson Is Going to Be Even Bigger This Halloween

<address class="lede-text-only__byline" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px; border: 0px; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 14px; line-height: 20px; font-family: TiemposTextWeb-Regular, Georgia, Cambria, &quot;Times New Roman&quot;, Times, serif; vertical-align: baseline; font-style: normal; color: rgb(118, 118, 118);">By Christopher Palmeri
and Lucas Shaw
</address><time class="article-timestamp" itemprop="datePublished" datetime="2017-09-19T12:00:00.007Z" data-type="updated" data-status="localized" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 3px 0px 0px; border: 0px; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">19 septembre 2017 à 14:00 UTC+2</time>

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]<section class="main-column" style="display: table-cell; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 30px; border: 0px; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: top; max-width: 640px; position: relative; z-index: 1;">
  • Estate lines up new album release, animated TV special on CBS
  • ‘You see Charlie Brown Christmas every year,’ his lawyer says
<figure class="lede-media-image lede figure-expandable" style="margin: 30px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; width: 640px;">
800x-1.jpg

<figcaption style="margin: 0px; padding: 3px 0px 0px; border: 0px; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px; font-family: BWHaasText-55Roman, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(118, 118, 118);">A man dressed as Michael Jackson dances at the 'HarlemWeen' Halloween celebration in Harlem on Oct. 31, 2011.
Photographer: Mario Tama/Getty Images</figcaption></figure>Dancers lined the Atlantic City boardwalk last Halloween to re-create the famous steps from Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” video, while a DJ named Prashant taught Bollywood versions of the King of Pop’s moves at the Hard Rock Cafe in Seattle.

The executors of the late singer’s estate have caught on to what disc jockeys and party planners have long known, that “Thriller,” released 34 years ago, means Halloween fun for a lot of folks. And now they’re looking to grab a share of the estimated $8.4 billion Americans spend on costumes, candy, decorations and other items. After all, even Barack and Michelle Obama shimmied to the hit single at their final White House Halloween party.

On Sept. 29, Sony Corp. will release Scream, a compilation of 13 previously issued Jackson songs, such as “Thriller” and “Dangerous,” as well as a new, remixed version of “Blood on the Dance Floor” by the producer duo known as White Panda. Next month, CBS will air a new, hour-long animated spooky special in prime time. More videos and remixes are on the way.

“We’re planting the Halloween flag,” said John Branca, the Los Angeles attorney who serves as co-executor of the singer’s estate, along with former music industry executive John McClain. “Michael loved Halloween!”

There’s a lot of whimsy in the marketing. The album comes in glow-in-the-dark vinyl. A related poster and cover include an augmented reality Jackson experience. The TV show, “Michael Jackson’s Halloween,” features the voices of Alan Cumming, Lucy Liu and Jim Parsons. It follows a young couple who meet at a mysterious hotel on Halloween night. There are Jackson’s songs, of course, and an appearance by an animated version of the star, who died in 2009 at age 50. It’s designed, in part, to draw a younger generation to his music.
<aside class="inline-newsletter" data-state="ready" style="margin: 0px 40px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; width: 270px; float: left;"></aside>Branca and McClain have already made Jackson’s heirs a considerable chunk of change. “This is It,” a documentary about the singer’s preparations for his ill-fated 2009 tour, went on to be the highest-grossing concert movie of all time, with $261.8 million in worldwide sales, according to researcher BoxOfficeMojo.com. Last year, the estate sold Jackson’s half of the Sony/ATV music publishing business to Sony for $750 million.
<figure data-type="image" data-id="317846574" data-image-type="chart" data-image-size="full" data-align="center" data-chart-type="hbar" class="figure-expandable" style="margin: 30px auto; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; width: 640px; max-width: 1200px;">
800x-1.png

</figure>Some fans are sniping online that the “Scream” compilation -- with no new songs -- seems like nothing more than a money grab. With two albums of unreleased Jackson music already put out posthumously, Branca says there aren’t plans for more.
Even if the album doesn’t sell well, it could increase sales of the Jackson catalog, according to Geoff Mayfield, a Los Angeles-based music industry analyst.
“It’s possible the regular album will sell more than the new version,” he said.
Interest in the pop singer remains high. A 3-D version of Jackson’s 14-minute “Thriller” video screened at film festivals in Toronto and Venice, Italy, this year, and Branca is searching for the best way to distribute it in theaters. Another Jackson short film, the 40-minute “Ghosts,” released in 1996, could be updated for new audiences. And if the animated show is a hit, there could be more.
“You see Charlie Brown Christmas every year,” Branca said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-19/michael-jackson-rises-from-dead-to-stake-claim-on-halloween</section>[/FONT]

Call me crazy, but after doing some digging, I legitimately believe Scream has a chance at number one in the US.

Long post alert!

Miley Cyrus is the biggest threat simply because there's no way to predict how her album will sell. Her last proper release opened at number one with 270k in 2013 and was supported by two huge singles (#2 and #1 on the Hot 100), but that could largely by attributed to her adopting a new "bad girl" persona. That card played itself out though, and audience fatigue seemed to set in rather quickly: her new album had a solid lead single (#10), a follow-up that bombed (#79), and a promotional-single that didn't chart at all. She hasn't done much in the way of marketing either; I've seen more of a presence for Scream than I have for her album. But she still remains the most commercially-viable of the three, so we'll have to see how this plays out.

Demi Lovato poses no risk whatsoever. She's never been a commercial powerhouse -- she's only ever managed two top 10 singles in 2011 and 2013; most others wavered between the top 20 and 40, with a few very low-ranking stragglers (a #80 in 2013, a #84 in 2016, and a non-charter that same year). Her last album debuted at number two with 98k, and its release was preceded by two rather popular singles (#11 and #21). This upcoming record doesn't seem to stand much taller: its debut single debuted at #52 and climbed to a peak of #13, a follow-up promo single stalled at #97, and I've seen even less marketing than Miley's. Lovato hasn't had a number one album since 2011, so I'd propose she isn't in the running at all.

Shania Twain is just sort of... there. She hasn't released an album since 2002, and her comeback's two leading singles haven't charted too well: the first charted respectably on the Adult Contemporary Chart (#12) but failed to reach the Hot 100, and the second didn't peak in the US whatsoever. I highly doubt she'll even reach the top 10 on the albums chart, if I'm being honest.

Michael Jackson has a leg up on the competition in terms of attention -- the marketing for Scream is on point. But there are massive challenges, of which there are two: (1) it's Michael Jackson, a name who has been VERY over-saturated over the last few years; and (2) it's a compilation album offering no new music whatsoever. MJ compilations are consistent sellers -- Number Ones pops up randomly in the charts almost every year from what I can recall -- and this one has an interesting theme behind it. And for casual listeners, seeing less-popular song titles like "Unbreakable" and "Threatened" might goad them into thinking, "Oh, are these new songs? I've never heard them before!" It COULD work. We shall see.

So there's my overwrought analysis that no one will actually read, lol. In my opinion, the album does stand a chance (albeit a small one) at debuting in the top position, assuming pre-sales are as strong as many have claimed and casual fans still go out and support it.

I would buy it even if it didn't glow in the dark and I consider myself big (huge) fan.
And was it the glow in the dark packaging that got you or did you want it before that was announced?

And was it the glow in the dark packaging that got you or did you want it before that was announced?

Before. I don't care for that. I'm a collector and although I don't collect vinyls I'm buying new releases on vinyl also. I bought Hollywood Tonight/Behind The Mask vinyl single and Xscape album on vinyl. So I decided to buy this too.

Call me crazy, but after doing some digging, I legitimately believe Scream has a chance at number one in the US.

Long post alert!

Would be kinda funny. The Estate put all this effort into new material for Michael, Immortal, Bad 25 and Xscape. But possibly, what finally tops the US chart? A compilation of previously released material :laughing:

It'll be interesting to see. While Michael and Xscape did alright in getting to the high end of the chart for the first week, it had the benefit of new material so MJ fans were out in force for the most part. This time it's more divided and I suppose in the general public's hands.

It will do good in retrospect for a compilation album simply for a few reasons that I see.. 1. Halloween themed (good timeing) 2. Has music on there that has not always been over recycled in re-releases. 3. promotion and packaging is well done for an album like this..

Let's still keep in mind it's a compiltion album,a complilation album of an artist that has several of them + re-eleases etc. but again anything MJ grabs attention.

I see it doing moderatley competitive in sales opening weeks and die off quick.. All the MJ fans that are planning to buy will rush and get it than after the other albums that will actually have singles released and videos to back it will keep selling..

Now if this is indeed a soundtrack of sort for that halloween special, that may help! :)

It will do good in retrospect for a compilation album simply for a few reasons that I see.. 1. Halloween themed (good timeing) 2. Has music on there that has not always been over recycled in re-releases. 3. promotion and packaging is well done for an album like this..

Let's still keep in mind it's a compiltion album,a complilation album of an artist that has several of them + re-eleases etc. but again anything MJ grabs attention.

I see it doing moderatley competitive in sales opening weeks and die off quick.. All the MJ fans that are planning to buy will rush and get it than after the other albums that will actually have singles released and videos to back it will keep selling..

Now if this is indeed a soundtrack of sort for that halloween special, that may help! :)

I think I would add the tracks as a soundtrack from MJ's Halloween is Remix and not the cover version Should be on Scream Deluxe
and Scream Regular should remix every song in a Halloween style.

Long post alert, I finally had a think about this project.

Pro's

No use of Michael's image is a smart move, it adds to the mystery and tension plus it doesn't leave an opportunity for ill hurtful remarks.

It gives spotlight to "lesser" known tracks to the public. Hopefully it's promoted properly in the US to showcase some of Michael's later 90's material that was never originally promoted.

The way it's been promoted is very forward thinking .

Every posthumous estate at sometime releases a package CD and this one is different and adds something new.

I understand why they aren't going to go after fans with this project, because the last time they did (BAD 25) the sales were lacklustre.

Con's

No Is It Scary, is a huge mistake. Also to claim that it's not danceable undermines Michael's vision, if I remember correctly he danced as the Skelton in Ghosts to this very song...

In my opinion, the megamix is unimaginative and feels rushed. Leave Me Alone didn't fit at all the tempo and the pitch felt odd and out of place. The life was sucked out of the vocals from Blood On The Dance Floor. The adlibs in the last 10 or so seconds were phenomenal and very well used. I did love hearing the bass on BOTDF being central to the mix. Plus it's nice they made this with multitrack's instead of doing a Timbaland and taking the vocals and disregarding everything else.
So even though it's in the con part, I don't hate it, I just feel it could have been better. It does grow on you.

Hopefully it doesn't set the younger generation up to thinking the songs are "seasonal songs" i.e. Halloween when most aren't even remotely.

No attraction for hard-core fans.

Fingers crossed there is more to this project than it currently appears. Maybe they will utilize the criminally underrated Ghosts short film.

Lastly, the one thing I will say is each time the estate releases a new project I find myself going back to Michael's actual work and appreciating it more. It's like a way of cleansing my soul. The only project I didn't do this with was BAD 25 because that project was fantastic and it was done with the fans in mind and it came from a place of love. It didn't leave me with a bitter taste and a feeling of capitalisation of Michael's legacy...

Phew sorry for the huge post :mj6:

https://www.eventcinemas.com.au/EventsFestivals/MichaelJacksonScream#cinemas=64

Here is your chance to be part of The Official Michael Jackson Scream Celebration!

Pre-order your copy of Michael Jackson&#8217;s new album &#8220;Scream&#8221; through Event Cinemas and you will receive access to the Official Launch at Event Cinemas Bondi Junction that will feature amazing footage of Michael Jackson up on the big screen that includes the full-length Ghosts Film! PLUS you will join the official VIP After Party on the night that will feature a DJ and enjoy the music of Michael Jackson with all the other Fans!

This is a limited edition fan event so make sure you secure your pre-order copy of Scream to be part of the fun that includes:

Official Michael Jackson Scream Album Celebration &#8211; VIP Party
- Pre-ordered copy of Michael Jackson&#8217;s SCREAM (CD)
- VIP Party Limited Edition Lanyard
- Scream Tote Goodie Bag: T-Shirt, Temporary Tattoo
- Your chance to WIN* a trip to the LA Event in October that will be drawn on the night!
- ACCESS to the VIP Official Michael Jackson SCREAM Album Celebration Party after the screening!
- Tickets are strictly limited so Pre Order your Scream album today!

21752333_336811753429900_8870086127613337667_n.jpg

I am still loving the art around this album!

Paris78;4206931 said:
https://www.eventcinemas.com.au/EventsFestivals/MichaelJacksonScream#cinemas=64

Here is your chance to be part of The Official Michael Jackson Scream Celebration!

Pre-order your copy of Michael Jackson&#8217;s new album &#8220;Scream&#8221; through Event Cinemas and you will receive access to the Official Launch at Event Cinemas Bondi Junction that will feature amazing footage of Michael Jackson up on the big screen that includes the full-length Ghosts Film! PLUS you will join the official VIP After Party on the night that will feature a DJ and enjoy the music of Michael Jackson with all the other Fans!

This is a limited edition fan event so make sure you secure your pre-order copy of Scream to be part of the fun that includes:

Official Michael Jackson Scream Album Celebration &#8211; VIP Party
- Pre-ordered copy of Michael Jackson&#8217;s SCREAM (CD)
- VIP Party Limited Edition Lanyard
- Scream Tote Goodie Bag: T-Shirt, Temporary Tattoo
- Your chance to WIN* a trip to the LA Event in October that will be drawn on the night!
- ACCESS to the VIP Official Michael Jackson SCREAM Album Celebration Party after the screening!
- Tickets are strictly limited so Pre Order your Scream album today!

21752333_336811753429900_8870086127613337667_n.jpg

Sounds like so much fun!!

CBS&#8207;&#61490;Verifizierter Account&#61593; @CBS · 2 Std.Vor 2 Stunden

Mark your calendars for a spooky special! 'Michael Jackson's Halloween' will air October 27 on CBS: http://bit.ly/2jNLvCL

Back