Michael Jackson Work Tapes Exist for Cascio Songs

Sure there is someone else. Do you think that MJ sings Man in the Mirror lonely too?

yes he has had BACKING singers before or a choir or a (taking turns) duet

but this is someone practically singing the LEAD vocals over michael, to such an extent that it barely sounds like mike throughout the entire song

its like mc hammer rapping a snoop dogg song, but you can barely make out snoop

anyway im just glad to have a new album and itl be interesting to hear all tracks as michael had some imput...but i still think its wrong as it dnt sound much like him

tjjackson TJ Jackson
They said this is 100% my Uncle. Not 70, 80 or 90 but a 100%. Every line, every word. My Uncle's legacy didn't deserve this!
8 Nov Favorite Retweet Reply

http://twitter.com/#!/tjjackson

See date: 8 nov

EXACTLY!!!!! And only after the the many mad fans compaints and what not, did they release a statement saying there was indeed someone else on it. So if we are to believe TJ , they flat out LIED to them. And as for the general public, not nessecarily a lie, they just kept quiet about another singer on it.

Michael wouldn't have wanted this, i am pretty sure of it. It reminds me of a Will.i.AM interview where he says that a song wasn't done until Michael said so, he wouldn't want songs like bN on it. WHere alot of stuff had been done on, let alone Keep your head up, with all those things added in. This is another reason that i'm not gonna purchase the cd. If Sony had only put on unreleased BUT finished songs on it...i would have supported it. But i am not gonna support something where i ain't even certain of if it's Michael on the track and especially these sloppy 'new' songs.

bluetopez;3079497 said:
When did the Jacksons order a forensic test? And when did Q approve BN? o_O lol

Shoot, I'm all for being proved wrong on this! But,....this latest info ain't doing crap for me! SMH Just more she said he said and somebody else voice was on BN! Which we know already like, DUH!
The statement that was released by the Estate mentioned two separate forensic tests, one ordered by Sony and one ordered by the Estate. I'm thinking he's talking about the one ordered by the Estate. The statement also mentions that "The Cascio tracks were also played for two very prominent persons in the music industry who played crucial roles in Michael’s career". I've always assumed that Q was one of them.

Furthermore, the statement credits James Porte for singing background vocals on 'Breaking News', and it's pretty clear that that's what Dominic Cascio is referring to. It's also pretty obvious on the track itself, and not a big deal -- it's extremely common to use other people to sing background vocals and MJ has done it on many of his past songs.

The way I see it, Dominic Cascio is just repeating what the Estate told us in their statement. And that's fine. I believe what the Estate told us and so I also believe what he is saying, until someone comes up with proof that shows me they're lying. I actually feel bad for the guy -- he's obviously just trying to do right by MJ's legacy by sharing some of the music they were working on but never got to finish... And what he ends up with is a ton of people accusing him of lying and deceiving them.

I agree. While they argue, HMH is lowered on twitter.

us arguing has nothing to do with Hold My Hand's progress.
if what you were saying was true, then, Last year's attempt to push We've Had Enough, to number 1 on the charts should have been successful, because it was a concerted effort.

Michael Jackson trended at number 1 on Twitter, tonight.

we really don't know what factors go into the rising and falling of a song nor whether the media is lying about something or not.

a lot of times, things trend on Twitter, that are not really trending, because the media is trying to get people talking about them. so, the media mentions it first, in hopes people would think it's trending, and then start talking about it. other times, things are actually trending, and Twitter reflects it.

sometimes, sports figures say things, and we would never notice they were said on Twitter, except that, certain media pundits, have a bias against the sports figure, so, they say something bad on the radio about the sports figure, and suddenly, people realize that the sports person spoke on Twitter.

so..it's not all that black and white..

i can't ever get why there are times, on this board, when we are depicted as having more power than the general public, when it comes to supposedly 'crushing' MJ's legacy and at other times, we are depicted as having less power than the general public, when it comes to supporting MJ's legacy.

Last edited:
EXACTLY!!!!! And only after the the many mad fans compaints and what not, did they release a statement saying there was indeed someone else on it. So if we are to believe TJ , they flat out LIED to them. And as for the general public, not nessecarily a lie, they just kept quiet about another singer on it.
They didn't "keep quiet" in my opinion. 'Breaking News' was released as a preview for the upcoming album. And I think there were no credits for the song on the website because they didn't think it was necessary. It's not like it was a duet, or even "MJ featuring James Porte" or something like that -- it was a Michael Jackson song with Michael Jackson singing the lead vocals and this other guy singing some of the background vocals. No big deal! On '2000 Watts' it doesn't say "Michael Jackson featuring Teddy Riley", yet I still hear him singing on there. Same thing.

And then, when the fan community blew up, they just felt the need to clarify the whole situation and part of that was giving us the name of the background vocalist. Who I'm sure was gonna be credited on the album anyway.

George W Bush claimed that he had documentary evidence that Saddam Hussein had WMD's..
Diane Daimond claimed that the 2003 case against MJ was much stronger than the 1993 one n that this time around the evidence was so strong that she does'nt see how Mike cud get away.
Some people claim that they have video evidence that MJ faked his death at there there are videos of his sightings..

I coud go on n on....

The point is unless there are video clips of Michael singing Breaking News (even casually singing & not necessarily recording it), its not good enough evidence that the Lead Vocals on BN is that of Mike.

Also, first let them release the Videos to make any assessements....

I too agree that there's no need in arguing about the content and how opinions might or might not change until - if we see the tapes (and if there are even tapes). Even if all true everyone will still be entitled to their opinions about the videos.

but one thing especially caught my attention all through last week - Roger Friedman and Harvey Levin was overly confident that the vocal are of Michael.

For example if you ever watched TMZ Live Chat when asked Harvey Levin wouldn't even entertain the idea that there might be 1% chance that the vocals might not be of Michael's.To me that was odd. The media had more to gain from controversy and the level of confidence was interesting.

The only thing that would make sense is that there's some sort of evidence (either these videos/work tapes or expert reports or raw vocals) and that these people (TMZ and RF) is seen them and convinced that it's Michael. (and Harvey Levin is quite open about listening to the album and that he has more information that he'll release over time). so in short either they know/seen something that we haven't or they are showing an enormous leap of faith.

I guess we'll wait and see how this thing pans out.

Side note : If they really have these videos/work tapes and release them somehow, I'll personally classify this "Breaking News" events as publicity stunt.

Oh... Roger Friedman..., now... is he reliable?

... he is... as he has almost always been...., ok, with several mistakes, but... hes got the point...

They didn't "keep quiet" in my opinion. 'Breaking News' was released as a preview for the upcoming album. And I think there were no credits for the song on the website because they didn't think it was necessary. It's not like it was a duet, or even "MJ featuring James Porte" or something like that -- it was a Michael Jackson song with Michael Jackson singing the lead vocals and this other guy singing some of the background vocals. No big deal! On '2000 Watts' it doesn't say "Michael Jackson featuring Teddy Riley", yet I still hear him singing on there. Same thing.

And then, when the fan community blew up, they just felt the need to clarify the whole situation and part of that was giving us the name of the background vocalist. Who I'm sure was gonna be credited on the album anyway.

Only that the lead vocals are NOT Michael Jackson at all, but we can go on and on about this, we all have our own view on that. I trust my ears and my ears don't hear Michael on this. If it's really true that the fucked around so much with his voice and processing and what not..than it's a damn shame, cause his voice got messed up BAD...it could be the case, still personally i think it's just not Mike at all.

Only that the lead vocals are NOT Michael Jackson at all, but we can go on and on about this, we all have our own view on that. I trust my ears and my ears don't hear Michael on this. If it's really true that the fucked around so much with his voice and processing and what not..than it's a damn shame, cause his voice got messed up BAD...it could be the case, still personally i think it's just not Mike at all.

Yes, that is true, there are only TWO possibilities:
-it isn't Michael
-it is Michael but his voice was distorted by incompetent "musicians" who worked on the song

either way I do not approve of this. His art was botched and bungled, and that's unpardonable.

I'm not saying it's him or not, but the fact that they had to hire forensic experts to verify the tracks is proof enough for me that these tracks weren't good enough for this release. Why would they hire forensic experts when all these other people said they heard Mike on the tracks? And when has anyone ever needed a forensic expert to hear Michael Jackson's voice?

I am 100 % sure that they did those tests with all songs on the album and that they will do the same with future albums. I don't get why people seem to think doing those test is weird, MJ is not with us anymore and they have to do this to be on the safe side. That's just part of the business and nobody ever needed those tests because until last year, MJ was still alive.

Now it's just a legal matter and has nothing to do with them (Sony/estate) believing or not believing it's his voice. With MJ being dead SOMEONE will make allegations of the voice being fake, be it family members, the press, fans, or people that are involved in power struggles behind the scenes. Maybe they didn't even expect fans or family members to make those allegations, but the press. You all know, better than I do, what the press wrote about MJ in the last decades, so you'd thank them for doing those tests if the press was the only ones calling the vocals fake. And post links to the official statement all over the board as proof that the press is wrong.

I'm not saying it's him or not, but the fact that they had to hire forensic experts to verify the tracks is proof enough for me that these tracks weren't good enough for this release. Why would they hire forensic experts when all these other people said they heard Mike on the tracks? And when has anyone ever needed a forensic expert to hear Michael Jackson's voice?

actually the minute someone (such as Taryll) questions the vocals the most reasonable thing to do was to hire the experts and make sure that the vocals are legit - otherwise they would have opened doors for legal consequences. They might have always believed it to be Michael, but still got an expert report to cover all the bases.

LOL It's a non sense to declare "it's MJ who sings because he was here with us, watch".

That's not these tapes with him and the Cascios in a studio that will make me change : maybe they just worked on music, maybe just listened to music, etc.

The only proof could be the video of Michael singing it, that's all. Until hear, we are many to not recognize him.

Every other people who is part of the project or could be in the futur, I think about Bruce Swedien, Dorian Holley (who already lied about Michael's form in This Is It as the rest of the staff did), etc, can't be objective unless he has some true respect towards MJ.

Last edited:
You know, I have to say that I'm getting a little tired of people treating those who believe this isn't MJ in BN like complete freaks... I am one who believes it's NOT MJ and I have respected the opinions of all you, I haven't judged anyone, I just put my belief out like everyone else who had a statement to make... so to say that Michael would hate us, or we are complete idiots, that were shameful and freaks for thinking otherwise is very disrespectful. I for one from the begining have begged all those who have cancelled their orders to go and buy the album... I'm buying the album... because I want to support his legacy and honor... my love for Michael goes beyond anything, and I know he needs this, but I still stand firm on my belief, BN and Keep Your Head Up is not MJ! And there's nothing that's gonna change that... this recording tape isn't gonna prove anything, cause I never doubted that Michael worked on this song... the song is great, it breaths MJ from head to toe (except for some lyrics) but the voice is not his!
This is one of the best posts I've read recently.

Sony and whoever else can say whatever they want about this and that, but it proves nothing. Show me a video which clearly shows MJ singing the songs in the studio or something like that, or bring MJ back to life so he can tell us, and then I'll change my mind.

It just sounds like some impersonator who's trying WAY too hard to sound like MJ on both songs.

His voice is crystal clear on KYHU.

Yeah, i agree. I hear him too...sure there a few parts where i'm alittle surprised in the way how he sings it, but i just don't believe this would be another artist. Someone can't have such a similar voice...

I don't believe for a second in Breaking News though, but i do believe in Keep your head up. I see people who don't believe it's him on it, and i'd like to know why, i'd like to hear their version of why it's not him.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but from what RF wrote it won't really prove anything apart from the fact that MJ was in the studio with the Cascios - what noone disputed.

Exactly. I think everyone knows he was in the studio with the Cascios, but unless we somehow hear him talking about Breaking News and hear him sing it similar to the voice in the song these really dont prove anything.

Haha, once these tapes go public fans will feel so silly for doubting it was MJ. All three Cascio tracks ARE MJ on lead vocals. The truth will come out.
i'm so dissapointed by what you're saying...you just try to fool us all,what exactly the tapes will prove for me?that it's not the one and only MJ singing in these 3 cascio songs...if they wanna prove something RELEASE THE DEMOS...IT'S THAT SIMPLE smooth and we're not gonna feel silly for sure...

I don't think we know the whole story yet. Many people who worked with Michael for a long time were asked, experts were asked. And we got to hear that they all said it was Micahael. Now (I think it was) Taj says he was at that meeting and he heard something else being said. He has no reason to lie, Sony has. So I think we are missing a piece of the puzzle there.

Still the voice on that track sounds weird. Ofcourse everyones voice changes over time. But why would he have such a huge vibration in his voice in 2007 and when he records Hold my Hand later (correct me if I'm wrong, I thought it was recorded later) there's no vibration.

If they have tapes, why not get those out there, to take away our doubts. I'll be happy to say that I was fooled.

^^ I have thought about that myself and for me the logic explination is that they somehow messed around with the autotune vibrato with mj's vocal. idk why but thats how it sounds when you do that

Wait, I'm confused... I thought all the raw stuff was deleted from the harddrives and the computers went missing. Where did these tapes come from?

And I thought the vocals were LITERALLY phoned in over a telephone and then remastered?

These guys just cannot seem to get their stories straight. Unless all these tapes prove is that Michael worked with them (which is never in dispute - just that his vocals are on BN)

^^ I have thought about that myself and for me the logic explination is that they somehow messed around with the autotune vibrato with mj's vocal. idk why but thats how it sounds when you do that

I'm not very technical. It makes sense that it could have to do with recording. If he recorded with Akon I'm sure there was a lot of people there who knew which buttons to use.

Yeah, i agree. I hear him too...sure there a few parts where i'm alittle surprised in the way how he sings it, but i just don't believe this would be another artist. Someone can't have such a similar voice...

I don't believe for a second in Breaking News though, but i do believe in Keep your head up. I see people who don't believe it's him on it, and i'd like to know why, i'd like to hear their version of why it's not him.

I'll just quote Superstition, he said it all:

"What about the time Mike has just randomly began singing in clips over the years? Smile in LWMJ, the court depositions... he sounds nothing like these tracks.

And also, why is it that EVERY one of his signature voices sounds off? Whether its his high falsetto, his deeper, breath-filled angry singing or his angry yelling... all of it sounds off. And not by a little, by a lot. MJ sometimes has a half dozen different styles of singing in one track. Why did he not sound himself through the whole track, on every track, using every one of his trademark styles?"

On top of that, no matter if these recordings are real or not - something of such low quality doesn't belong to a Michael Jackson album IMO.

Besides, there are two songs lyrically almost identical to "Keep Your Head Up" that I can think of right now... I doubt Michael would be THAT repetitive - and if he was, he wouldn't release these songs.

[url='http://www.myvideo.de/watch/4091284/justin_timberlake_losing_my_way' t=_self]justin timberlake-losing my way - MyVideo[/url]

Yes, that is true, there are only TWO possibilities:
-it isn't Michael
-it is Michael but his voice was distorted by incompetent "musicians" who worked on the song

either way I do not approve of this. His art was botched and bungled, and that's unpardonable.

:agree: Same here!

and I also don't believe that KYHU sounds like him either!:no: Doesn't do anything for me, besides being a nice song!:doh:

I am 100 % sure that they did those tests with all songs on the album and that they will do the same with future albums. I don't get why people seem to think doing those test is weird, MJ is not with us anymore and they have to do this to be on the safe side. That's just part of the business and nobody ever needed those tests because until last year, MJ was still alive.

Now it's just a legal matter and has nothing to do with them (Sony/estate) believing or not believing it's his voice. With MJ being dead SOMEONE will make allegations of the voice being fake, be it family members, the press, fans, or people that are involved in power struggles behind the scenes. Maybe they didn't even expect fans or family members to make those allegations, but the press. You all know, better than I do, what the press wrote about MJ in the last decades, so you'd thank them for doing those tests if the press was the only ones calling the vocals fake. And post links to the official statement all over the board as proof that the press is wrong.

Totally agree :agree: it's an usual process. They did the same investigation for each unreleased from artists who have passed away, they must secure the whole thing - if they don't do this, anyone can come from anywhere and say "Hey Michael has recorded this song with me, yeah I swear!"
And remember that we learned only few months ago that Michael and Cascio's have recorded some tracks, it was like surprise, surprise !!! What ? the Cascio's ?

Still the voice on that track sounds weird. Ofcourse everyones voice changes over time. But why would he have such a huge vibration in his voice in 2007 and when he records Hold my Hand later (correct me if I'm wrong, I thought it was recorded later) there's no vibration.

If they have tapes, why not get those out there, to take away our doubts. I'll be happy to say that I was fooled.

There's a huge closed-mouth vibrato on the last "hmmmmmmm" on Hold my hand sung my MJ. A giant vibrato that you hear straight through his nose. :D (@3:17)

And I LOVE it. :D

Dude was capable of MANY things with his voice. Check the TII DVD for "Memories of Michael"- he gets up and demonstrates pretty much what a the head voice of female Mezzosoprano should sound like.

Back