Michael Jackson's BAD gets VEVO certified

When did Vevo start? I know YouTube originated in 2005.

Vevo started in 2009.

I don't really think YouTube or Vevo would bother. It would take a lot of work because they would have to ensure that the previously deleted video is an actual copy of the music video, not say a live performance or variant of it. Times this by the thousands and thousands of music videos out there and yeah.

That's assuming YouTube keeps all the information for the literally tens, if not hundreds, of millions of videos that have been deleted over the past decade.

^^Thanks for that. VEVO is not available in my country so I use youtube. But it's not important. Now it's over 100 on both!

So that might mean they are separate counts and it's 200 million fews? Or are they connected and one gets updated after the other.

It doesn't really matter tho. It's a new medium and it will never beat out the zillion views on MTV and other music video shows in the past.
And their rules seem to change a lot just like Billboard's do.
I'm just glad it's millions. I may start working on replaying DSTYGE. It's views are way too low. Lol.

Will start watching DSTYGE also. I've always love the colors in that video. Great to see MJ getting so many views. I guess this is one of the new ways artists get recognition in this day and age. The great thing about MJ is, he'll always be relavent as he created the blueprint for pop music & music videos. Tis awesome. :D

Imagine if MJ had released these videos now.

Gangnam Style go home... - Thriller would have billions of views. - all his videoes would.

To see such old videos everyone have seen countless times have so many views is amazing. - Evidence that his legacy is forever safe!!

I created this playlist to help Love Never Felt So Good and Remember The Time get VEVO certified also.

It is extremely easy, you don't have to do anything, just run the playlist and let it play on repeat. You can listen the songs or not. You can mute youtube or you can mute your computer. You can even mute youtube and listen other music on your computer! Just leave it playing in the background. You can let it play whenever your computer is on. I even let it play over night sometimes.

Here is the link for the playlist, I hope it works for all of you. Share it on twitter and with other MJ fans.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRJn6NkrrvXVceTXvVBPhyI40mKrz3ZCr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG08ukJPtR8&feature=youtu.be&list=PLRJn6NkrrvXVceTXvVBPhyI40mKrz3ZCr

Imagine if youtube, VETO and all that had existed back in the early 80's.

Michael Jacksons videos would have billions of views...

Thriller, BIllie Jean, Beat It, BAD, TWYMMF, Remember the time, BoW, Give into Me, Jam, In The Closet, etc. etc. - they would all have 100 times the views they have now - cause when youtube came everyone had already seen these videos hundres of times in 20 years...

Gangnam Style would have been nothing compared to Thriller had thriller been released while youtube existed...

Imagine if youtube, VETO and all that had existed back in the early 80's.

Michael Jacksons videos would have billions of views...

Thriller, BIllie Jean, Beat It, BAD, TWYMMF, Remember the time, BoW, Give into Me, Jam, In The Closet, etc. etc. - they would all have 100 times the views they have now - cause when youtube came everyone had already seen these videos hundres of times in 20 years...

Gangnam Style would have been nothing compared to Thriller had thriller been released while youtube existed...
What difference does Youtube video views matter? If it had existed back then then the Thriller album wouldn't have sold because most people would have downloaded it for free and the Making Of Thriller videotape wouldn't have sold much either. So Mike wouldn't have made the same amount of money.

What difference does Youtube video views matter? If it had existed back then then the Thriller album wouldn't have sold because most people would have downloaded it for free and the Making Of Thriller videotape wouldn't have sold much either. So Mike wouldn't have made the same amount of money.

That is true. But it is nice to see and important that MJ still gets a lot of views.

That is true. But it is nice to see and important that MJ still gets a lot of views.
I wasn't talking about today though, but the idea of the internet existing in the past. Views are fine, but acts make little if any money from them and I think it's part of the reason albums don't sell as much today. If someone can watch a video on Youtube anytime they want, there's less incentive for them to want to buy it. Pre-internet, if you wanted to hear something, you had to wait for the radio to play it or MTV to show it. Even with The Box video channel, you had to pay for each request and it wasn't instant. People who wanted to hear the song whenever they wanted had to go out and buy the single or album. Even if you had a friend copy a record to a cassette (or record off the radio), someone had to buy the album and had to actually play the record. It wasn't fast like burning a CD.

Artists now are making money from streaming and it gets added to album sales, but yea things are quite different now.

Remember The Time is next! 2.2 millions left to be VEVO certified!

I was looking at https://www.youtube.com/user/michaeljacksonVEVO. How come Thriller, Beat It and LNFSO are listed as Vevo Certified when they don't have 100 million views yet? Am I missing something? :unsure: And how can an iconic music video like Thriller only have 15 million views? It doesn't seem right.

Edit: I think I answered my own question :blush: They put the wrong versions of Thriller and Beat It under the Certified list. The long version of Thriller and the digitally restored version of Beat It have well over 100 million views (230 million and 121 million respectively) so they should be certified. Would be nice if we could add those views up though, since the other Beat It video has almost 50 million views. Still don't know why LNFSG is already listed as certified though. RTT is next! If read the statistics correctly, it has around 80,000 views a day so it should reach 100 million views in about a month :)

Last edited:
REMEMBER THE TIME IS OVER 100 MILLIONS VIEWS!! :chillin: :clapping: :dancin: :clap:

Oh and we can't forget Love Never Felt So Good which is over the 100 MILLIONS VIES TOO!!! :dancin: :chillin: :rollin: :clap:

Oh and we can't forget Love Never Felt So Good which is over the 100 MILLIONS VIES TOO!!! :dancin: :chillin: :rollin: :clap:

:clapping:

Summer is nearly here so I'm going to play heck out of it :dancin:

REMEMBER THE TIME IS OVER 100 MILLIONS VIEWS!! :chillin: :clapping: :dancin: :clap:

:punk: I was keeping track of it every day to see if it reached the 100 million mark already. This is great! :D

It's not 100 million on YT yet though (it's currently at 99.5 million). I'll wait for that to celebrate ;D

I think it's freaking awesome that TDCAU is the least likely of all these and it's on that list. It makes me happy to know his MESSAGE is still getting through. TDCAU is something Americans really need right now with the crap we're going through. I love it.

It looks like "Don't Stop" has 71 million views now-maybe it will go over the top with the "Off the Wall 35." "You are not Alone" is at 83 million (if I'm reading this VEVO list correctly)
I love Don't Stop-so I should start playing it on my computer rather than on my album. :)

Black or White is officially VEVO CERTIFIED!!! :clapping::clap::woohoo::jump::rollin:

Still seems unfair that all of Michael's view tallies were reset.

Still seems unfair that all of Michael's view tallies were reset.
when did that happen? Were they reset at zero?

I don't like that copies of the videos posted by everyday people have thousands of views. They should add those to the Vevo stats.

when did that happen? Were they reset at zero?

I don't like that copies of the videos posted by everyday people have thousands of views. They should add those to the Vevo stats.

Oh there's another thread about that, I forget the detail. Something about when Vevo was dreamt up. Thriller had a massive amount of views on the original YouTube and then it was back to 0 lol. It seems unfair when people consider views of the older videos alongside the newer ones which didn't go through the transition.

Back