Michael Jackson's Battle with Vitiligo Inspires Others to Come Forward

I remember when the Oprah interview first came out, Geraldo did a story on the skin disease. There was a black man who allowed Geraldo's staff to turn him from "a black man to a white man."

He was obviously uncomfortable and I remember his wife said the sweetest thing about how his skin color didn't matter, she loved him regardless. You could see the instant relief on his face and he smiled.

A few people talked about it after MJ first mentioned it, it was just that some reporters and media preferred to talk about the, "MJ wanted to be white" angle. Jerks

So it is a possibility that Michael used creams to bleach the remaining (visible) spots to get an even result. There's nothing wrong with that.[/quote]
No ofcourse there is nothing wrong with that but did Michael not repeatedly deny doing that??

Jeez, are we still having this discussion about wether Michael 'bleached' his skin with creams or not...

I thought Dr.Klein confirmed that he used a cream to lighten his skin? If I remember on Larry King he said that

^yeah and Dr Klein also said he's Prince and Paris their father and that they were working on Michaels nose with some sort of oxygen so it would look more natural. Yeah, Klein sure is the best source out there.:)

Well the later is unbelievable, but due to the fact he a dermatologist I believe the cream story

One thing that gets to me the most is these discussions; not because of it's topic, but how even his fans react with one another.

On one hand you have fans, who through these types of articles have proof Michael had vitiligo, and slam any talk of depigmentation (bleaching). The other side of the coin is where I lay, but i'll try and speak for the rest of us when I say I believe Michael had vitiligo, 100%... but he also used depigmentation creams (benoquin) to even out his skin tone, AS A RESULT of his vitiligo.

I used to get shot down for saying this back in the day, it seems that you HAVE to have it one way or the other. Either you think he's 100% depigmented from top to toe due to vitaligo, or you believe he was very heavily affected by vitaligo that he tried gaining control of his condition by evening out his skin tone.

Why is it hard to accept?

I think Michael could have spent a little more time explaining this condition when asked in docos like LWMJ or the Oprah interview. Obviously it's a VERY emotional subject and therefore his reaction to questions is highly defensive and heart felt, but I believe it caused a bit of confusion.

My cousin has vitiligo so I know how it can change someone completely. People were so mean to michael.

Back