Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch Might Become a Music School

Aw this is a great idea!! To think, they could build a big ampitheatre, and have open air concerts there...and invite the public, kind of like Tanglewood here in Massachusetts...

And then they could build all sorts of practice sheds spread out all over the grounds, so that the young musicians can practice...

If only michael was still here...could u guys imagine if he decided to be a teacher there for the day! :wild: How funny would that have been

I think if Neverland is used to help people whatever it maybe that is what Michael would have wanted. Whether it happens in the near future or 10 years from now.

I was hoping it can turn Neverland much like Graceland, but I can't argue with the Music School idea, I'll support that.

It would be really tragic if the school and students develop this elitist attitude toward pop music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PneWcgpWFQU
It should be brought back to this and the kids should decide what to do. It's not anyones decision but theirs, it's their childhood home. It would be nice though to open it for sick and deprived kids like Michael did... to relax and get away from the outside world and have fun..

:no: What part of Colony Capital owns Neverland don't people understand? The estate has a stake, but Colony Capital is the owner.

I doubt they will consult 3 underaged kids on business matters.

I agree...what's the rush anyways? It's not going anywhere. Michael's kids should have a say in what they think should be done with it in...If that decision is in 15 years , then so be it..

Well, what you fail to understand is, that Michael wasn't the sole owner of Neverland anymore... he let it go! So eventually, even if he would still be alive, there would have been a decision what do to do with it... Colony didn't invest into Neverland for fun!

I think this is a good idea and I also feel that Michael would have liked the idea! It still could be a place, where sick children could visit in certain periods! But with Michael gone, Neverland isn't the same anymore anyway!

Well, what you fail to understand is, that Michael wasn't the sole owner of Neverland anymore... he let it go! So eventually, even if he would still be alive, there would have been a decision what do to do with it... Colony didn't invest into Neverland for fun!

I think this is a good idea and I also feel that Michael would have liked the idea! It still could be a place, where sick children could visit in certain periods! But with Michael gone, Neverland isn't the same anymore anyway!

He didn't "let it go" thats why the estate own 50 percent. Michael didn't have the liquified money and couldn't pay for it anymore alone so he partnered with colonial capital. Either way its the kids childhood home and these people and the estate should have a heart and ask the kids because according to TMZ, where this article came from, the kids took a trip there and fell back in love with it and had their own idea of what to do with it. Whether or not Michael is there or not you can just feel his energy and the love he created Neverland with just by standing outside the gate... If the kids agree with the idea then go ahead but they deserve the input...

to be perfectly honest this would be something Michael would have loved. Sharing the gift of Music in his own home. this is definitely something Michael would approve of im more then sure of it. if they cant put it back the way Michael had it then this is the next best thing as long as there is something of Michael in that house.
I have to agree with you I definitely think that this is something Michael would love,

I also think that the children should decide what to do with their childhood home. While it seems like a great idea and it can encompass what MJ was about, I think any decision regarding the home should wait until they are all more mature and can really think about what they would like to do with it.

I can't get excited about this school.

I think this could Potentially either go horribly wrong, or Fantastic....I do think Michael would have supported this therefore i think this is a Good idea.

I do however hope that when Michaels Children are old enough in the Future, i hope that they will want to buy Neverland from the Current Owners, and do what they want to do with the place, make it what they want, maybe a Museum,

I think this could Potentially either go horribly wrong, or Fantastic....I do think Michael would have supported this therefore i think this is a Good idea.

I do however hope that when Michaels Children are old enough in the Future, i hope that they will want to buy Neverland from the Current Owners, and do what they want to do with the place, make it what they want, maybe a Museum,

“a campus where students "rich and poor" could learn to write and perform music”
that seems to be a good idea if it's ture... I think Mike would like to see children involved with music in his former house...

I think this is a big honor to Michael and very good for his Legacy :)
I hope they don't change to much, but i love this idea. MJ would be proud!

Sadly Neverland isn't Neverland anymore. I remember in the 90s and seeing all the kids with Michael on the TV and wishing I could be there as it looked so magical. Its still stunning but after it was raided like that in 2003 its like the police at the same time stripped away all its magic and innocence. I don't think the Colony Capital stake was ever publically revealed though. But maybe some of the magic can be brought by by restoring it to what it was meant to do. Help children. Michael isn't here so it will always have its heart ripped out but maybe all isn't lost with it. Maybe one day my children might see it on the TV and say to me what I said to my mum: 'Mum, please take me to Neverland.'

Back