Michael v/s Jermaine

Who was the better vocalist during the J5 era?

• Jermaine

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • Michael

Votes: 324 92.6%
  • Both were equally as talented

Votes: 20 5.7%

• Total voters
Michaels voice was of course better! But i think it was also because Mike was so cute and charming and would apeal to everyone, Jermain was really good looking and that would only really have sold to young girls it think!

I think they where equally talented. Michael had a different energy to him through. He had the "x-factor"... so to speak... :yes:

Later Michael's voice became even more crazy godly good, and there is no compairison now.. But I love Jermaine :)

:no: apparently people love to compare anyone with Michael jackson. my first Michael jackson song was Ben, I still remembered I was mesmerized for the first time I heard the song and highly doubted it sang by a child.

MJ easily. I'm not sure who sang the verse in "can you feel it" But when MJ comes it the song just takes a new light. That said, I think Jermaine has a wonderful voice.

No question, Michael. All the brothers are talented and I like Jermaine's work but Michael demonstrated time and time again from very early that he had the most vocal range and talent of all.

MJ..HANDS DOWN!! At the age of 5, he was better than Jermaine and most singers..Mike was one hell of a singer from a young boy to a grown man!! He would probably have to be the most versatile singer of all time because not to many people can control their voice and do any genre (R&B, Pop, Rock,etc.) justice like MJ can!! That's why he's my fave!!

Last edited:
Can U Feel It

MJ easily. I'm not sure who sang the verse in "can you feel it" But when MJ comes it the song just takes a new light. That said, I think Jermaine has a wonderful voice.
That was Randy. Jermaine wasn't in the group then.

:lol: Jermaine has a nice voice but of course you can't compare him to Michael who has a unique voice. He is the best! One of a kind. :wub: :heart:

Jackie is a good singer too. But neither he or Jermaine are up there with Michael, IMO.

Michael, hands down. I never get the appeal of Jermain's voice. It's just too weak and dull. Different strokes for different folks, tho. Michael's voice is stronger and has more colors and layers. Also, his vocal is dynamic. You don't have to search for his greatness. Pick any one song or two he sang, you get it right away. That's the type of genius he had in him.

I voted for Mike, but I don't think any of these (Anyone's Name Here) vs. Michael Jackson polls have any real suspense to them conducted on this forum, lol. I'm prone to believing Michael would've won in most places, but I don't think it'd be quite a total shut-out as 247 to 5 :lol:.

Last edited:
Of course Michael !!!!!!! I mean, from my point of view this comparison has no sense !!! MICHAEL MICHAEL MICHAEL !!!!!!!!! HE'S THE BEST AND HE ALWAYS WAS THE BEST !!!!!!:clapping:

5 votes for Jermaine! Whats going on there then :p
I was expecting Jermaine 0%, Michael 100%

I don't think there is any contest between Michael and Jermaine.
Michael was/is off the charts.

I also think Randy's been a better vocalist than Jermaine.

Last edited:
I think Michael always trumped Jermaine vocally, and his vocals always fit perfectly on the early stuff, but towards the later J5 stuff you could kind of tell that Michael was getting fed up; his lack of enthusiasm towards the material was very evident. Listen to "I Am Love" and tell me that's not a fantastic vocal by Jermaine.

ETA: But oh man, Tito's vocals are terrible. He kills "Frosty the Snowman."

I've always loved Jermaine's voice, and he and Michael are such different vocalists anyway - I see them as complements to each other rather than rivals. Performing together, they really enhance songs like Torture and the endless J5 songs on which they shared lead vocals.

That said, I'll hand this vote to Michael. He brought to the J5 a lot of the electric energy that defined that group, and his voice certainly played a big part in that.

Michael no doubt. IF Jermaine had been better than Michael, he would have become the KOP and he didn't. Remember cream always rises to the top, and Michael did exactly that.

Back