Michael's appearances on different singers' albums and other projects

If we are counting songs that MJ just wrote and not appeared on, like Jennifer Holiday - You're the One, then we can count Sa-Fire - I Never Heard.

From For The Record book:

GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS
Track Jay-Z recorded, with Kanye West producing, for his 2001 album, THE BLUEPRINT – one planned remix was to feature Michael singing a hook, but if recorded it remains unreleased.
‘My Mom likes it,’ commented Jay-Z, around the time of the planned remix, ‘because she gets to see how successful her son is – you’re working with Michael Jackson, you must be all right; you must be pretty good!’

YOU’RE THE ONE
Written by Michael with Alan ‘Buz’ Kohan. Recorded by Jennifer Holiday, with Michael producing, for her 1985 album, SAY YOU LOVE ME.

I just re-listened YOU’RE THE ONE by Jennifer Holiday after many many years. And that spoken line: "You're the one" could really be him. It sounds like him to me. Do we have any source other than For The Record book that shows that he did not appear on that track? Or one that says that that's him on the track?

I always thought Michael was a part of a song on Breakin 2. 'I Don't wanna come down' by Mark Scott,
Not sure however. Lovely thread :)

OnirMJ;4080078 said:
I just re-listened YOU’RE THE ONE by Jennifer Holiday after many many years. And that spoken line: "You're the one" could really be him. It sounds like him to me. Do we have any source other than For The Record book that shows that he did not appear on that track? Or one that says that that's him on the track?
Thank you, Onir. Ever since I heard that song, I thought it was Michael whispering on it. It sounds like him to me. And it's just such a beautiful, romantic, wistful song-so different than anything I ever heard her do before (Dreamgirls). I hope we find out.

OnirMJ;4080078 said:
Nice, I agree, that's definitely his voice imo.

^ I don't know for sure but it sounds likely since he was all about "don't write the song" so there could be an early demo, I read on Wikipedia there's a demo for Muscles too. Maybe one day we'll find out.

Back