Michael's true friends =)?.

Oh yes, I agree. I was very moved by Marlon's speech at the memorial. :) I, too, think, they were probably the closest, even though they didn't really show it in public that much.

I have to disagree with Lisa and probably Debbie, though. I don't really know about Debbie, but I think he was very happy with Lisa and it could've worked out between them if things had been a little different. I don't think she wanted Michael's money, being Elvis's daughter she didn't really need it. And I really liked the interviews she did after Michael passed away. She did only a few, so she's not attention-seeking, and her words were chosen really well I think. :)
So, they might've fallen out, but I don't see her as greedy or vengeful. It just didn't work out at the time.

Oh, and I'd like to add the Cascio family. I don't want to stir up the controversy about the songs, but from what you can read in the book, they were really close and helped him through a difficult time in his life. Also, I think, he experienced some sort of normality when he visited them. You know, all of them sitting around the table as a family, eating pasta, celebrating christmas. It must've been nice for him to be treated as a normal person for once. :)

I am reading Franks book and starting to think that, the Cascio family but particularly Frank and Eddie seemed to take Michael at face value and not care he was a huge star. It is quite heartwarming as Michael told them, he knew most adults always wanted something from him, because he was Michael Jackson, but kids did not, he was just another member of their gang.

mjprince1976;4215491 said:
I am reading Franks book and starting to think that, the Cascio family but particularly Frank and Eddie seemed to take Michael at face value and not care he was a huge star. It is quite heartwarming as Michael told them, he knew most adults always wanted something from him, because he was Michael Jackson, but kids did not, he was just another member of their gang.

Yeqh i think about that. Than i remember that they faked vocals and it get’s to my nerves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lisa and Michael were really a sweet couple and it was a pity that it did not last long. It is certain that money did not matter at that time in this relationship and that it was real love. But later, when the post-marriage meetings were over and I really think Michael was the one who let her go, Lisa responded like an insulted ex and the interviews she did all look like revenge on a despised love. I think a few of the interviews she did are unforgivable and I do also not like her interview after Michael's death with Oprah. And looking back, she should have talked about herself when she is talking about drug abuse, wrong friends and not able to handle the life. She made teribble decisions in her life and she is the one who is not able to earn a own life after loosing nealry all her father`s heir.

Regarding the Cascios, I can not say that Frank's book was a friendship book and I regret I bought it and give him some money. Sometimes you have to laugh, he describes himself only in the best light in the book, but about Michael's mistakes and bad days may of course be written in great detail (whether true or not). Now that the money goes further out and he obviously is not able to earn something with his own work more and more dubios items go to auction.
And the fiasco with the Cascio tracks looks like a real scam by Eddie and father Cascio seems involved too. They took the songs in the days after Michael's death to registration. And Eddie's sister is married to Porte, a man who is also the main character in the whole scam.

I doubt many of the people mentioned here were Michael's true, actual friends.
I guess when you're as famous and powerful as Michael, anyone and everyone is quick to say they are your friend.

Elizabeth Taylor, Lisa Marie, Macauley Culkin, Karen Faye and Diana Ross were for sure very close to Michael and I believe the only people in his life that were actually there for him as a person, not as a personality (see how I stole Michael's line there? :innocent:).

People like Chris Tucker and Brett Ratner come across to me as just being his friend cause he was Michael Jackson. Especially Brett seems a little too proud of the fact he hung out with Michael and I believe at some point Michael was so lonely he would just hang out with people like them just to have someone to talk to. Making friends must have been hard for him.

Back