Michael's Unreleased Material [MERGED]

I like how blood on the dance floor was just a collection of 1990s outtakes and that’s it, like it shows Michael’s headspace in 97.

I like how blood on the dance floor was just a collection of 1990s outtakes and that’s it, like it shows Michael’s headspace in 97.
It suggests at least that MJ wanted more music like Dangerous than like HIStory in the future.

It was a remix album, which was released during a massive world tour, while he was promoting one of his studio albums. What do you expect? Him spending a year in the studio to come up with new material for a remix album which contains 5 new songs?

It was a remix album, which was released during a massive world tour, while he was promoting one of his studio albums. What do you expect? Him spending a year in the studio to come up with new material for a remix album which contains 5 new songs?
The fact that he only wanted an ep says alot as well

it was supposed to be an EP, not a remix album, that was Sony's doing.

Well yeah, exactly. Which means it would make even less sense for him to actually take time and work on new material from scratch for it. I don’t think it’s something he cared for too much.
but he did work on tracks in 97, no? like hot fun in the summertime.

I don't believe the estate that they don't have any unreleased song demos anymore

I don't believe the estate that they don't have any unreleased song demos anymore
they have music but if it's not up to their definition of "releasable", they act like it doesn't exist but they have to contact Michael Prince, Brad and even Quincy if they want the polished material. A shame Bruce and John are no longer with us because they for sure held on to material as well

Back