mj 3d hologram (bad era)

Hello
Guess what? I found the 3D Hologram MJ in a Taiwan news
It must be this one:

Video:

Last edited:
Pretty neat :) Imagine having that one at home

Is it me or did the Michael one look kind of wavy? Hope it's not damaged in some form

It`s glas reflection causing the 'wavyness'..

It`s awesome seeing this '3d' of Michael from that era. 80`s 3d is kinda rare..

I LOVE THIS, wish we could see more, if there's more of it than those few seconds. I mean, Michael having this made back in the 80s speaks volumes. I think to him the idea of developing a hologram for using it later as complement for his shows wouldn't be crazy at all, as some fans tend to feel about the idea. He just keeps proving how ahead of his time he was

I have a Geek Squad-ish question (for those that are hardcore technology devotees). Wouldn't CGI be easier to manipulate/work than a hologram and wouldn't it be more hi def than a hologram? Why use an impersonator at all? I'm thinking of the technology used in the movie, "Avatar", but not quite sure if they needed the actors physically or just their voices. I'm an analog grrl in a digital world, so I'm not in the know on the latest techie stuff, lol!

Another hologram made during that same session was already put on one of the early MJ parfum bottles:

583071404.gif

mjmys.jpg

mjduo.jpg

Michael-Jackson-Hologram-Label-Photoshooting-1990-michael-jackson-30520715-800-600.jpg

cd423f4113.jpg

Last edited:
Sadly, as seen in the Taiwan video, this is just a very short smile-sequence.
From reading the article i imagined it to be a bit longer and full-body...

Last edited:
Those are called holograms now? Those are exactly the things that you play with as a kid, where you move it side to side and the image moves, just enlarged. I used to have a bunch of them of different animations. Never really knew they were considered holograms.

Those are called holograms now? Those are exactly the things that you play with as a kid, where you move it side to side and the image moves, just enlarged. I used to have a bunch of them of different animations. Never really knew they were considered holograms.

Wow, I thought those were called something else, too! There's one that came with the Vision DVD set of his short films.

WOW i would love to see this. Never saw Michael in person.

I wish you could have, Pat! I thank God every DAY that I had that opportunity more than once. Once you have, everything else pales in comparison, but I do understand and appreciate the sentiments behind the idea.

In the UK these were called holograms when I was a kid so it's nothing new.

That perfume bottle one seems to be from the exact uhm, sitting? lol, he' wearing the same bad tour shirt anyway. And gosh, this turned out to be a bit different to what I had pictured, meaning a way shorter and limited animation :/

Well...now I know where that Actual Moving Hologram gif is from.

With how everything of Michael's (well a lot of it) had been not properly cared for, lost, sold off, or given away and so on even when he was alive I'm not too surprised if a impersonator has it. Also There are those fans out there with rare things that only trade for other rare things and they don't seem to often share so when you think about it there's a lot of stuff out there. Some of which we may never see.

Some of this stuff the estate may have or maybe not. Maybe there's more than one copy of the hologram but for whatever reason they don't want to use it.

When I was a kid those were called Holograms/holographic. So it's been around. I guess It just seems like the meaning has evolved thanks to the 2Pac hologram etc?

Well...now I know where that Actual Moving Hologram gif is from.

With how everything of Michael's (well a lot of it) had been not properly cared for, lost, sold off, or given away and so on even when he was alive I'm not too surprised if a impersonator has it. Also There are those fans out there with rare things that only trade for other rare things and they don't seem to often share so when you think about it there's a lot of stuff out there. Some of which we may never see.

Some of this stuff the estate may have or maybe not. Maybe there's more than one copy of the hologram but for whatever reason they don't want to use it.

When I was a kid those were called Holograms/holographic. So it's been around. I guess It just seems like the meaning has evolved thanks to the 2Pac hologram etc?

Yeah but the crazy thing is the Tupac 'hologram' wasn't a hologram at all. It was just a projection which is completely different.
(mind you, the MJ 'hologram' in this thread isn't technically a hologram either, although that's what people commonly refer to them as :D )

Back