MJ and Queen world premiere!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow morning (Friday) the Chris Evans breakfast show on BBC radio 2 (UK) will have the world premiere of a new Michael Jackson and Queen song.

No mention as to what it is but Queens Roger Taylor and Brian May will join the breakfast show to premiere this new song!!!

The breakfast show begins at 6.30am UK time. X x x
I can find any other source for a MJ song being premiered on the Chris Evans breakfast show
Being this is posted in the NEWS forum( per MJJC rules) can you please provide a source link
So it can be verified as official and not just fan gossip. ... Thanks ...

According to the press release that was read on this mornings show ot has new production from William Orbit.
You only said
World premiere of a new Michael Jackson and Queen song.
Not .. New production from William Orbit.
Is this speculation or did they say more ?

Last edited:
You can listen to BBC Radio 2 live around the world through the website.

Qbee... I can't reply with quote of your questions as my phone won't let me however... although I can find no 'links' to sources, I can assure you that Chris Evans made this announcement on the biggest radio breakfast show in the UK.

Clearly stating that the song will be personally bought to the studio by the remaining members of Queen.

He read a press release from Queen stating that the song, had been originally recorded as a demo by Mercury who in turn asked Michael to sing his version in line for a duet before eventually releasing it as a solo effort. He read (from the statement) that FM and MJ versions had been reworked by queen and Orbit.

You can listen again to the whole breakfast show on the BBC website.

Hope this helps... this isn't a 'rumour amongst fans' but a real event that will happen tomorrow. Please don't move this through lack of sources as fans will miss the news x x

From Queen fb:

Queen shared a link.
16 September · Edited
***Roger and Brian on Radio 2 This Friday***

Listen in to the Chris Evans Breakfast Show on BBC Radio 2 from 8am on Friday 19th September to hear Roger and Brian talk about...well you will just have to tune in to find out won't you!
----------------------------------
BBC radio site show that Queen are appearing to Chris' show
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00p2d9w

It looks like it is true:clapping:

Maybe they will just talk about the song and not actually play it/release it. Or maybe they'll play just a short snippet. I find it weird that the Estate allowed them to release it now when Xscape album is still very much actual and they are currently promoting another MJ single.

Even though the instrumentation and music might change drastically, I really want to hear how the duet was done. We've been listening to the fan made version for years. It appears to be true and it will put Michael and Freddie in a good light and that's good news.

Eavens said it will be played for the first time.

Yes, I know now. Thank you very much for that link. I was writing my post when you posted the link, so when I already posted.. then I saw and listened the announcement.

That remix I made couldn't have been timed better, lol!

Finally, after such a long wait we get to hear the real duet. I have been waiting so long for this so tommorow will be such a great day. Hope someone can record it (and hoping it will be the first single of the new Queen Forever album)!

They HAVE TO release it as a single right away after the radio premiere. Estate, please don't make a mistake like you did with APWNN. People will want to download that song right away after they hear it. It has to be on iTunes when the radio show finishes!

I think it's Queen's people who are responsible for this release, and not the MJ estate.

Finally, this is exciting! I was getting worried that this release wasn't going to happen anymore.
I really like this song so I'm curious how (or if) different this version will sound.
I like that this is a song with real meaning behind it, it will stand out from the other songs out there and show these two great talents we are missing.

Although we as fans may know this song (and the others) most people don't even know Freddie and Michael even collaborated. It might get picked up quickly online and spread some positivity again.

Qbee... I can't reply with quote of your questions as my phone won't let me however... although I can find no 'links' to sources, I can assure you that Chris Evans made this announcement on the biggest radio breakfast show in the UK.

Clearly stating that the song will be personally bought to the studio by the remaining members of Queen.

He read a press release from Queen stating that the song, had been originally recorded as a demo by Mercury who in turn asked Michael to sing his version in line for a duet before eventually releasing it as a solo effort. He read (from the statement) that FM and MJ versions had been reworked by queen and Orbit.

You can listen again to the whole breakfast show on the BBC website.

Hope this helps... this isn't a 'rumour amongst fans' but a real event that will happen tomorrow. Please don't move this through lack of sources as fans will miss the news x x

Thank you kingofpop; for more detailed information. That helps with validating the story.
I don;t think mods will remove the story.

Im looking forward to hearing the song :) what ever it is,

The Chris Evans breakfast show begins at 6.30am UK time
Listen live here > http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_two

Awesome, awesome! This is also a great way to get people's attention back on Xscape. This will probably receive more attention than the "Place With No Name" single the estate released, tbh :D

Probably, but they can't do anything without approval from MJ's Estate.

Sure, but promotion wise I don't think the Estate have anything to do with it... that includes the final deicision behind the Itunes release etc. I'm not gonna point my fingers at them if the single is not out tomorrow, for me it's gonna be Queen-Team "fault", unless the MJ estate would show more interest in this project.

For me, I wish the MJEstate would just focus on promoting their own singles at this point. I'm more into APWNN success than in this "duet" - although I am curious to hear what they've done with it and ofcourse it's always great to have more MJ tracks and more of MJ art out there. It's all positive.

Last edited:
This duet has #1 hit potential, especially in UK.

Can anyone guess what the new mix will be like? What genre is Orbit associated with? Hopefully it will be a decent transformation like Love Never Felt So Good was. Wanted StoSh to be released, it's a potential pop, chart topper.

Radio 2 listeners get a handful of MJ's music and this must be his year.

- Love Never Felt So Good (Solo) Appeared on their A List playlist on Radio 2.

- Full album review on Radio 2.

- Constant reference to viral videos, most about Xscape, particularly Love Never Felt So Good and Slave To The Rhythm.

- Loving You A List Playlist on Radio 2

- A Place With No Name currently on B List Playlist on Radio 2

- Announcement tomorrow of new single on Radio 2

Last edited:
This duet has #1 hit potential, especially in UK.
I agree 100%. I think this will do really well in the UK. I love Queen (saw them at Wembley) so for me this is a dream come true. Can't wait until tomorrow morning.

freddie-mercury-michael-jackson.jpg

Here is a audio video of the announcement Posted on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1506559959582855

Great news!!

First Xscape and now this!! - So many wonderful things this year!!

Michael Jackson still rocks the world. - He Lives Forever !!!

Track Listings
Disc: 1
1. Let Me In Your Heart Again
2. Love Kills - The Ballad
3. There Must Be More To Life Than This (William Orbit Mix)
4. Play The Game
5. Dear Friends
6. You're My Best Friend
7. Love Of My Life
8. Drowse
9. You Take My Breath Away
10. Spread Your Wings
11. Long Away
12. Lily Of The Valley
13. Don't Try So Hard
14. Bijou
15. These Are The Days Of Our Lives
16. Nevermore
17. Las Palabras De Amor
18. Who Wants To Live Forever
Disc: 2
1. I Was Born To Love You
2. Somebody To Love
3. Crazy Little Thing Called Love
4. Friends Will Be Friends
5. Jealousy
6. One Year of Love
7. A Winters Tale
8. '39
9. Mother Love
10. It's A Hard Life
11. Save Me
12. Made in Heaven
13. Too Much Love Will Kill You
14. Sail Away Sweet Sister
15. The Miracle
16. Is This The World We Created
17. In The Lap Of The Gods...Revisited
18. Forever

Product Description
Queen present Forever, an exciting album featuring three brand new Queen tracks, including the long-anticipated track by Queen and Michael Jackson, "There Must Be More To Life Than This". The rest of the package brings together Queen hits, classic tracks, and new takes on well-known songs. The tracks are all linked to represent a definitive collection of Queen’s timeless love songs, and celebrate the extraordinary musical path of one of the world’s greatest rock bands. This special deluxe edition contains 36 tracks over 2 CDs in a deluxe package with a 24-page booklet.

Last edited:
This is great news. It would have been nice if the estate could have at least given a shout out about it or something. Just a little promo on their website. But from Roger Taylor's previous comments, the estate has not been the easiest to work with.

If it weren't for stumbling across this post here - wouldn't even have known anything was going on.

Excellent news. I was a huge Queen fan so this will be amazing.

Back