MJ and Queen world premiere!!!!!!!!!!!

what time to skip to on the "listen again"?
I wish the first poster would add important info like this to save wasting time.

Me? I was just sharing some news... I don't have the song and haven't used the BBC 'listen again' for years.

You expect me to find it for you? Lol x

News of this release is really starting to spread on internet sites now. :)

Anyone tapped into the Queen fan base? What do the Queen fans think of this release?

Hey aazzaabb how you been?

- definitely agree with the Ringo drums! Iam the eggmaaaan! All in all i love the new version. its different but still not a million miles from the version on Mr. Bad Guy.

I always loved MJ's vocals on the demo, and I do here too. The song is so innocent and I think his voice compliments Freddie's no end. And vice versa

Hey man! I'm good, yourself? :)
Yeah me to, I've always loved the demo. I do love the part in this where their harmonizing near the end. It would have been great to have Victory & SOS on this album also. Perhaps on a future release?

I agree. I like the song as well. I never heard any of the demo vocals, and I'll see if I can find them after work. Are they on YouTube?

Anyhow- the intro (just before Freddie Starts signing) reminds me a lot of Pachelbel's Canon- which happens to be one of my favorite music pieces of all time.

And I hate to bring it up, but I am wondering if it is just me- does Michael's voice sound AutoTuned to anyone? For the most part it sounds okay, but on this line- then we can all just live in peace- his vocals sound like they've been altered. It sounds almost robotic.

Hey, sorry I didn't get back, was busy. Glad to see OnirMJ shared the link.
I know what you mean about MJ's vocal. I think the guys in Queen will have the album mix improved also.

It seemed as though the guys from Queen were listening for the first time and as they were playing it on the radio, I'm guessing this is the final album mix.

They mentioned they had created another mix but doubted it will ever be heard :(

RE the Queen community, I saw some posts on FB and they didn't have nice things to say about Michael. A lot of haters in there!

Does anybody have a link to the duet that was being mentioned from the Freddie Mercury doc? X

Chris Evans - "Roger, are you happy?"

Roger - "I was listening for the balance between Freddie's vocal and Michael's vocal and I'd have them a bit louder."

Chris Evans - "What, either one or them both together?"

Roger - "Them both."

Chris Evans - "What about you Brian?"

Brian - "Yeah, similar things that bother me, first time I heard them outside the studio really."

I don't really understand how they do not have a say in it if they are unsatisfied with it?

That's one of the things that bother me. They talked about this song on and on and on for over 2 years and NOW on the premiere they're caught with their pants down saying they're not satified with the production? They're not some puppet singers, they're Queen! It was embarrassing for me to hear that. I am not saying this song sucks or anything but I feel it's badly mixed and kinda distorted - especially the first chorus - Like the sound is a bit too much. Could be the guitars are too overbearing. I don't know what it is that makes it not to ears-friendly - In my opinion.

Also I'd like it more if it had more togetherness feeling, and not first half FM second half MJ. Maybe having the first switch between them on after "crying faces..." line (00:36) and then insert Freddie sooner, too. But that's not really a big issue to me.

That's one of the things that bother me. They talked about this song on and on and on for over 2 years and NOW on the premiere they're caught with their pants down saying they're not satified with the production? They're not some puppet singers, they're Queen! It was embarrassing for me to hear that. I am not saying this song sucks or anything but I feel it's badly mixed and kinda distorted - especially the first chorus - Like the sound is a bit too much. Could be the guitars are too overbearing. I don't know what it is that makes it not to ears-friendly - In my opinion.

Radio rip quality.

They were surprised/shocked because they never heard the song outside of the studio. HUUGE difference. That's why MJ always listened to the songs on small cassette players before final release. He wanted to know how it sounds for regular people. They can fix it, it's not too late.

Listen to Freddie Mercury & Michael Jackson's Stunning Duet

Though Michael Jackson's Xscape saw the King of Pop collaborating with a ton of stars posthumously, a duet from the past featuring another major music icon could be one of the most talked about MJ-related tracks of the year.

On Queen Forever, the compilation Queen is dropping November 11, never-before-released material will be ready for the replaying, including "There Must Be More to Life Than This," which Freddie Mercury fans will recognize from the frontman's first solo release. The Queen Forever version of the track has Freddie and Michael sharing a microphone, and it's epic in all the right ways."There Must Be More to Life Than This" delivers everything you've come to expect from the parties involved: sprawling, cinematic arrangements, pristine vocal lines, meditations on broken hearts and life after love and powerful choruses that ask the kind of questions you can never answer.

It's sentimental, it's striking, it's deep, and it's the perfect pairing of two of pop's most beloved voices. "There Must Be More to Life Than This" is one of three "new" songs to shoulder up alongside Queen's greatest hits on Queen Forever, joining "Love Kills" and "Let Me In Your Heart Again."
- See more at: http://www.fuse.tv/2014/09/freddie-...e-more-to-life-than-this#sthash.mGJfjnAD.dpuf

Not to keen on the music. to me the songs a ballad not a mid tempo rock song. music doesnt fit imo

As I mentioned on another website, I have a feeling the reason Victory, and State Of Shock for that matter, was not selected for the Queen album, is because those tracks were originally intended for the Jackson’s Victory album from the mid 80′s. So my guess is those songs were more MJ like tracks then Queen tracks. TMBMTLTT to me feels more like a Freddie / Queen song then a MJ song. Hopefully someday we’ll get the other two tracks on a future MJ or Jacksons release.

Prince Of Pop;4044189 said:
As I mentioned on another website, I have a feeling the reason Victory, and State Of Shock for that matter, was not selected for the Queen album, is because those tracks were originally intended for the Jackson’s Victory album from the mid 80′s. So my guess is those songs were more MJ like tracks then Queen tracks. TMBMTLTT to me feels more like a Freddie / Queen song then a MJ song. Hopefully someday we’ll get the other two tracks on a future MJ or Jacksons release.

Freddie wrote TMBMTLTT in 1981 for a Queen album.
Michael wrote (co-wrote with Randy Hansen) State Of Shock in 1983 and presented it to Freddie in 1983.
They wrote Victory together that day when Freddie visited Michael's home studio and recorded his vocals for State Of Shock and when Michael recorded his vocals for TMBMTLTT.

Michael didn't write State Of Shock for Victory album. And Victory wasn't written for Victory album. He just wrote the songs and collaborated with Freddie. But they never finished the tracks.

Then in 1984 Michael decided to put State Of Shock on Jacksons album, but Freddie was unable to finish the track in time, so Michael asked him if he would be OK if Mick Jagger re-record his parts. Victory was never planned to be used on Victory (as Freddie Mercury is co-writter). Michael just borrowed the title for the album.

RE the Queen community, I saw some posts on FB and they didn't have nice things to say about Michael. A lot of haters in there!
I logged on FB to see what they were saying, and they didn't seem real happy about the whole album. Upset about the "new" versions of songs they already have, and griping that the unreleased music was unreleased for a reason. Ha. Sounds familiar to here sometimes.

Freddie wrote TMBMTLTT in 1981 for a Queen album.
Michael wrote (co-wrote with Randy Hansen) State Of Shock in 1983 and presented it to Freddie in 1983.
They wrote Victory together that day when Freddie visited Michael's home studio and recorded his vocals for State Of Shock and when Michael recorded his vocals for TMBMTLTT.

Michael didn't write State Of Shock for Victory album. And Victory wasn't written for Victory album. He just wrote the songs and collaborated with Freddie. But they never finished the tracks.

Then in 1984 Michael decided to put State Of Shock on Jacksons album, but Freddie was unable to finish the track in time, so Michael asked him if he would be OK if Mick Jagger re-record his parts. Victory was never planned to be used on Victory (as Freddie Mercury is co-writter). Michael just borrowed the title for the album.

According to information pertaining to the Victory album that I read, MJ's collaborations with Freddie on State Of Shock and Victory were intended for the album.

What? Queen fans bashing on Michael, didn't they know Freddie was a fan of his (not sure if the whole band though)?
The whole band is quite fond of Michael-in the documentary, "The Great Pretender" and a few other docs I've seen, they talk about him seeing them at the Forum a lot-and hanging out backstage and talking about releasing "Another One Bites the Dust" as a single.
They actually didn't want to, because they thought it wasn't a hit, but they took his advice, and proved to be their first big hit in the States.

Is this officially released yet.... anyways, there's a section in the original demo when Michael really packs a punch in his vocals... why didn't they use that part in the song, since it's mixed as a mid tempo rock song......

Last edited:
Okay i missed a lot.... But if i've seen it right,..does this mean Victory and State of Shock doesn't get released?

I do! (But I don't like this mix - FM's voice totally dominates MJ's 80's voice.)

I don't think it dominates it (unless you mean Freddie's voice being a more powerful masculine voice means it's dominating.) It's just that to me it's not how this song should be, but like originally intended: with them alternating line by line. A day after I really don't like this mix. This concept of two verses sung by Freddie then one verse sung by MJ totally took away the power of the original concept IMO. That power was in it being a REAL duet, not this total separation.

It's not being presented as a duet though is it - it's 'Queen featuring MJ'. Agree it doesn't work as it is.

I have to say I preferred the fan version in terms of them sharing vocals. I mean it's more like a real duet than a Queen feat. MJ song.

made by myself, many years ago, and in my opinion better than whats released now. much more power. the new melody is powerless in my opinion.
and in my opinion they could have done that duet much much better.

i dont like it when producers working on an old track and change it completely. thats the same with all the cover versions that were made.

OnirMJ;4044154 said:
Radio rip quality.

They were surprised/shocked because they never heard the song outside of the studio. HUUGE difference. That's why MJ always listened to the songs on small cassette players before final release. He wanted to know how it sounds for regular people. They can fix it, it's not too late.

Thanks a lot for saying this!!!

barbee0715;4044204 said:
I logged on FB to see what they were saying, and they didn't seem real happy about the whole album. Upset about the "new" versions of songs they already have, and griping that the unreleased music was unreleased for a reason. Ha. Sounds familiar to here sometimes.

Ah, I am a bit upset about the Queen album too … I love Freddie but I was actually ready for real NEW songs from Brian and Roger, they are still wonderful musicians\songwriters … Well, now they have more or less great vocalist to help them. Why not?

I guess I was too busy with Xscape release to find out more information about Queen’s album.

There%20Must%20Be%20More%20To%20Life%20Than%20This.jpg

Back