MJ Estate Probate Notes

Unless I misunderstood, the good thing is the money she's requesting won't go to her but to her attorney.

And as always, the estate won't say no to Katherine; even when they know all the maneuvers Katherine is doing to get as much money from Michael as she can. She's really trying hard to leave her children well protected, too bad she didn't put the same effort to show them to be self-sufficient.

I think the court is going to rule in her favor too. Lucky lady.

Unless I misunderstood, the good thing is the money she's requesting won't go to her but to her attorney.

And as always, the estate won't say no to Katherine; even when they know all the maneuvers Katherine is doing to get as much money from Michael as she can. She's really trying hard to leave her children well protected, too bad she didn't put the same effort to show them to be self-sufficient.

I think the court is going to rule in her favor too. Lucky lady.

I think you have misunderstood?
KJ is asking the estate to pay her appeal attorney's fees, which is $300,000.
Then she asks 23% increase on top of her current allowance $1,386,548.
Also she is asking 24% increase on kids allowance, which is controlled by KJ, so there is money going her too.

Hopefully court says no, or at least takes KJ request as preliminary distribution so that those attorney costs will be taken only from her share.

my understanding she does not want them to be taken from her share , not because her attorney believe she will be entitled to less in the long run, as she will never really get that 40% EVER.

The whole point , she along with the executors don't want the DA to get involved ; ask for the charities' share. Any talk about advanced distributions would result in substantial advances for the charities as they are beneficiaries also. That's why they reclassified it as family expenses in order for the executors to pay away from the DA's protests and demands. The cancer-stricken children can wait while Randy and his kids should not. -_-

I got all wrong. At this pace, Katherine is going to drain the estate.

Now, can someone explain about the 40% trust? Soundmind explained if she gets part of her share, the DA would ask for the part of the charity, so my question is, aren't all debts supposed to be paid before they get part of their share?

I thought the estate paid for the family expenses directly to whom it is owed. How could she increase the family expenses. Isn't anyone verifying the receipts for those expenses? How a legal expense can be classified as a family expense? Would the judge accept the request as a family expense knowing that money would go to an attorney?

I remembered AEG was asking for the cost of legal fees. Was that solved or Katherine still owes that money? It's amazing to see the freedom she has to ask for hundreds of thousands of dollars. How I wish someone the estate says no to Katherine, but I know that won't happen.

Now, can someone explain about the 40% trust? Soundmind explained if she gets part of her share, the DA would ask for the part of the charity, so my question is, aren't all debts supposed to be paid before they get part of their share?

yes normally debts get paid first and then the money is given to beneficiaries. However MJ's is a complex estate in which probate process is taking years so the beneficiaries are getting an allowance in the time being.

According MJ's will , Estate value is determined (which is still under dispute with IRS), Estate gives 20% to charities. Then divides the remaining as 40-40% and puts it into trusts for kids and Katherine and give from those trusts to the beneficiaries according to the rules of the trust/will.

Estate had previously asked the court to allow them to put money into a trust, the last accounting showed a PPB Inc. So Estate looks like they have started to put money aside for the beneficiaries.

I thought the estate paid for the family expenses directly to whom it is owed.

yes and they also give cash allowances.

Isn't anyone verifying the receipts for those expenses?

It's not that exact. They generally have declarations about expenses and court determines if it makes sense and seem reasonable.

How a legal expense can be classified as a family expense? Would the judge accept the request as a family expense knowing that money would go to an attorney?

well court had a question about those as well.

I remembered AEG was asking for the cost of legal fees. Was that solved or Katherine still owes that money?

she still owes it but she won't be required to pay it unless she loses the appeal. The logic behind that is the losing party pays the expenses of the winning party. The win/loss isn't certain until an appeal court rules.

she still owes it but she won't be required to pay it unless she loses the appeal. The logic behind that is the losing party pays the expenses of the winning party. The win/loss isn't certain until an appeal court rules.

and when she loses AEG appeal, she'll be asking the estate to pay $800,000 for AEG lawyer's fees and what these appeal attorney are raking up. So in order to blackmail money from AEG to give her useless cubs,she lost big time. I think the total she spent on AEG case is around 1.5 million. All that should come from her share, and only her, kids had no say and should be made to pay KJ's mistakes.

@ Ivy, thanks for answering my questions.

I don't understand about wills & trust, so if you don't mind, I have two more questions.

I know Katherine is entitled to 40%,so how is determined how much she will be entitled to during her lifetime?

And, if there is an estimate and she ask for more money, more than the estimated amount, {she usually goes for hundreds of thousands & millions} would she be able to get it?

I don't think Michael would had given her all that money. I don't understand why the estate always tries to accommodate her.

and when she loses AEG appeal, she'll be asking the estate to pay $800,000 for AEG lawyer's fees and what these appeal attorney are raking up. So in order to blackmail money from AEG to give her useless cubs,she lost big time. I think the total she spent on AEG case is around 1.5 million. All that should come from her share, and only her, kids had no say and should be made to pay KJ's mistakes.

That'll be the right way but Katherine doesn't operate that way. Her children were the bread winners and now her grand children are. She will use them in any way she can to get as much money to give those grown up men who should stop thinking they are mega stars. Just because they have the fortune to have a brother who shone & still shines, it doesn't mean his light reflects on them.

The only consolation is that as much as they try, they will never get to be what Michael was and is. They will never have the attention and love of the millions of people that Michael had. They might get whatever money Katherine leaves them, but they will never have the glory that Michael reached. Michael will be remembered as a greatest artist and humanitarian and if someone remember them, they will be remembered as the greediest and jealous brothers of all times, that is all they have achieved in their life.

That'll be the right way but Katherine doesn't operate that way. Her children were the bread winners and now her grand children are. She will use them in any way she can to get as much money to give those grown up men who should stop thinking they are mega stars. Just because they have the fortune to have a brother who shone & still shines, it doesn't mean his light reflects on them.

The only consolation is that as much as they try, they will never get to be what Michael was and is. They will never have the attention and love of the millions of people that Michael had. They might get whatever money Katherine leaves them, but they will never have the glory that Michael reached. Michael will be remembered as a greatest artist and humanitarian and if someone remember them, they will be remembered as the greediest and jealous brothers of all times, that is all they have achieved in their life.

PREACH!!! :agree: :punk: :lmao:

and when she loses AEG appeal, she'll be asking the estate to pay $800,000 for AEG lawyer's fees and what these appeal attorney are raking up.

yeah probably she will

I know Katherine is entitled to 40%,so how is determined how much she will be entitled to during her lifetime?

And, if there is an estimate and she ask for more money, more than the estimated amount, {she usually goes for hundreds of thousands & millions} would she be able to get it?

after the 40% is put aside in a trust for her, it's pretty open. The will says executors can give her whatever they determine to be necessary for her. So they could be just covering the necessary expenses or they could be giving her tens of millions more.

I don't understand why the estate always tries to accommodate her.

because she's a beneficiary and she has some power. I don't think Estate want to be seen as being evil towards MJ's old mother.

after the 40% is put aside in a trust for her, it's pretty open. The will says executors can give her whatever they determine to be necessary for her. So they could be just covering the necessary expenses or they could be giving her tens of millions more.

That is after probate?

In the end it is good thing for PPB that the estate is in probate, and hopefully stays there few more years. The way certain people spending money like no tomorrow and there wouldn't be any money for kids, so this way at least there is judge and kids guardian ad litem saying no for some requests.

because she's a beneficiary and she has some power. I don't think Estate want to be seen as being evil towards MJ's old mother.

She has a lot of power I would say. They've given her everything she has asked for aside from handing her the Estate. lol

Thanks for the updated now i see the whole picture very clear i did have questions about Probate Note where all of this money was coming from.

The big event that will be in Gary that Katherine is having on Aug 28-30 is that been bill to the Eatate how will that be listed?

Katherine has always had it made and it looks like she always will. All she has to do is sit back, talk pitiful, look sweet and act innocent. Everyone falls at her feet. She can relax and count the money she is racking in like an abacus! Katherine is the most formidable and calculating old lady I have ever seen.

KJ is asking the estate to pay her appeal attorney's fees, which is $300,000.
Then she asks 23% increase on top of her current allowance $1,386,548.
Also she is asking 24% increase on kids allowance, which is controlled by KJ, so there is money going her too.

Hopefully court says no, or at least takes KJ request as preliminary distribution so that those attorney costs will be taken only from her share.

Are you for real is this what she is ask for.

Exparte as far as I know is the motion brought by one side and most of the time refers to something urgent. When it's denied without prejudice it means such request can be filed again - in a corrected or more proper way.

Claimant could be multiple people - right now Tohme, Broderick and Robson & Safechuck are active claimants. It's hard to say which one made a request for certain.

Any updated on this yet who made the request?

From the transcript posted in the Robson thread we know that the Ex-parte filed on October 1 was by Robson's lawyers to try to get some delay until they go through discovery.

From the transcript posted in the Robson thread we know that the Ex-parte filed on October 1 was by Robson's lawyers to try to get some delay until they go through discovery.

Thanks. Was this denied by the judge?

I'm not sure would it be logged under BP117321 probate case?

If you mean this transcript https://www.scribd.com/doc/244181549/Robson-Oct-1-2014-Hearing-Transcript
there is different case number BC508502, so I suppose that ex parte thingy would have been listed under that case?

It might have something to do with other cases under probate as there is this
10/21/2014 at 08:30 am in Department 51, Mitchell L. Beckloff, Presiding
Exparte proceeding - Granted

BP117321 is the code for the probate court cases (and that includes Robson's case as well). BC508502 is the code for Robson's civil lawsuit. So IMO it could be listed under both, since it was about a delay request because of discovery. That could pertain to both cases (probate and civil).

Not following the robson thread but due to asking for a delay because of discovery. does that mean the judge has given the go ahead or is his lawyer wanting a delay in that ruling due to discovery?

Not following the robson thread but due to asking for a delay because of discovery. does that mean the judge has given the go ahead or is his lawyer wanting a delay in that ruling due to discovery?

They wanted a delay in the ruling about summary judgement due to discovery. For now the Judge dismissed the request, but he will see later.

I'm not sure would it be logged under BP117321 probate case?

If you mean this transcript https://www.scribd.com/doc/244181549/Robson-Oct-1-2014-Hearing-Transcript
there is different case number BC508502, so I suppose that ex parte thingy would have been listed under that case?

It might have something to do with other cases under probate as there is this
10/21/2014 at 08:30 am in Department 51, Mitchell L. Beckloff, Presiding
Exparte proceeding - Granted

BP117321 is the code for the probate court cases (and that includes Robson's case as well). BC508502 is the code for Robson's civil lawsuit. So IMO it could be listed under both, since it was about a delay request because of discovery. That could pertain to both cases (probate and civil).

respect is right, BP117321 is the probate case. BC508502 is Robson civil case. delay in probate hearing would show under probate case.

so right now there's an exparte request that has been granted. It could be Robson or it could be someone else. Hard to say right now. If it's Robson the Nov 6th hearing should be taken of calendar or continued by court. We'll see soon enough.

I was checking case summary on BP117321 and found these

04/10/2015 at 08:32 am in department 51 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
MOTION - SUMMARY ADJUD. OF ISSUES(2. STATUS RE PROBATE CODE REPORT 12220;)

04/15/2016 at 08:32 am in department 51 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Final Status Conference

05/03/2016 at 08:32 am in department 51 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Jury Trial(15 DAY ESTIMATE)

05/12/2015 at 08:30 am in department 51 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
STATUS HEARING(RE EVIDENTIARY HEARING AS TO ISSUE1)

12/07/2015 at 08:30 am in department 51 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Status Conference(TRIAL SET FOR 9:00 AM)

They seems to be 2 cases going to trial? Ivy, do you know which 2 cases are in question?
Quincy might be one?

^

All of those notes relate to a "Case filed on 6/29/2009".

Case Number: BP117321
JACKSON, MICHAEL JOSEPH - DECEDENT
Case filed on 6/29/2009
5/3/2016 at 8:32 AM in department 51 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Jury Trial

Case Number: BP117321
JACKSON, MICHAEL JOSEPH - DECEDENT
Case filed on 6/29/2009
12/7/2015 at 8:30 AM in department 51 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Status Conference

Back