MJ Estate versus Melissa Johnson and HTWF /Update: Settlement Enforced - HTWF lost the Appeal

News Flash : In light of the foregoing, Plaintiffs’ Ex Parte Application is GRANTED.

Court accepted Estate's additional complaint (that we mentioned in the first posts of this tread)

Re: Update: MJ Estate files supplement to their complaint against Melissa Johnson and HTWF

Let me post Leslie's update in full

Defendants evidence exhibits include

- Letter from Oxman and a lot o stuff to show his relationship to MJ.
- news/info about estate and their business relationship to Bravado and other companies
- negative stuff about Branca - that he was fired in 2003, Joe's opposition to him as an executor etc.
- documents about Brian Wolf , Legrand , Backerman, Raymone Bain
- news stories about MJ being mismanaged etc
- communications with Backerman, Bain, Boteach, Malnik, Tavasci, Spiegel, Van Alexander, etc.
- a lot of information about who registered what before/ after MJ's death

Estate is objecting to most of these on the grounds that they aren't relevant, they can bring prejudice, confusion and waste of time, lack of personal knowledge and hearsay.

Ha the thing that strike me as hilarious is that the Estate's documents are more legal/official documents, but look at what the defense is going to present. This is another defense that is a joke. What are they going to prove by this mismatch of irrelevant papers?

Re: Update: MJ Estate files supplement to their complaint against Melissa Johnson and HTWF

Maybe it's posts from fans who donated money to HTW after Michael's passing thinking it's his official charity.

Thank you, that makes sense. For a moment, I thought Melissa was member on all of the Michael Jackson's forums, promoting the charity. Not that I remember was such a thread in any of forums, though.

I hope the Estate sues Melissa Johnson and Howard Mann out of their minds.

I hope the Estate sues Melissa Johnson and Howard Mann out of their minds.

I hope they sue EVERYBODY involve in this shit business of fake association...

ivy;3288763 said:
News Flash : In light of the foregoing, Plaintiffs’ Ex Parte Application is GRANTED.

Court accepted Estate's additional complaint (that we mentioned in the first posts of this tread)

good for the estate

thanks for the updates ivy

You rock Ivy!!!
Thanks for all the updates.

The presence of this charity after Michael passed away was immediate. Within a couple of days at most there were threads on forums and grieving fans were donating to this charity with the belief it was somehow Michael's HTWF. That could very well be what the evidence pertains to. Such a low thing to do.

The presence of this charity after Michael passed away was immediate. Within a couple of days at most there were threads on forums and grieving fans were donating to this charity with the belief it was somehow Michael's HTWF. That could very well be what the evidence pertains to. Such a low thing to do.
yes..I know I was one of them..like I have said before....The money that this charity has ILLEGALLY taken in since Michael's death is terrible..they used grieving fans as their prey and I hope they will no longer get away with it...and will be shut down...at this point here...to me..it is about gettng the children OFF of that websight and AWAY from Johnson and Mann.

Evidence exhibits for the estate includes -member posts form official MJ.com forum, Kopboard, MJFC and MJJC.
This is interesting.

Maybe it's posts from fans who donated money to HTW after Michael's passing thinking it's his official charity.

I think StaceyMJ and Virginia_woolf is right. remember on thing that the estate claims that HWTF confuses people to think it's MJ's charity and cause them donate with this confusion.

I did a search on our forums last night and I saw threads in our archives that had discussions about is it legit or not, and some people saying that they donated to them thinking it's MJ's charity. I think those are the posts that they collected from kopboard, MJFC and MJJC to make their point.

yes..I know I was one of them..like I have said before....The money that this charity has ILLEGALLY taken in since Michael's death is terrible..they used grieving fans as their prey and I hope they will no longer get away with it...and will be shut down...at this point here...to me..it is about gettng the children OFF of that websight and AWAY from Johnson and Mann.

Does it means that some fans can sue the fake association too ?

Does it means that some fans can sue the fake association too ?
I dont really know...that is a good question..maybe Ivy can answer for us.

I think you can sue them for scam, however it will be quite tricky as they are actually a charity but fooling people by using Michael's name. Estate is already suing them and apparently they are using the fans donated as examples to make their case. So they are fighting for you in a sense.

I would recommend reporting them to "Better Business Bureau" if you have donated. BBB with the complaints start investigations and then flag the businesses if they are questionable.

http://charityreports.bbb.org/public/complaint/complaint.aspx

(you can even file anonymous complaint)

I think you can sue them for scam, however it will be quite tricky as they are actually a charity but fooling people by using Michael's name. Estate is already suing them and apparently they are using the fans donated as examples to make their case. So they are fighting for you in a sense.

I would recommend reporting them to "Better Business Bureau" if you have donated. BBB with the complaints start investigations and then flag the businesses if they are questionable.

Thanks Ivy.

I hope the fans who gave money to this fake association ( without to know it was fake ) will help the Estate with that.

thank you for that information Ivy..

I think StaceyMJ and Virginia_woolf is right. remember on thing that the estate claims that HWTF confuses people to think it's MJ's charity and cause them donate with this confusion.

I did a search on our forums last night and I saw threads in our archives that had discussions about is it legit or not, and some people saying that they donated to them thinking it's MJ's charity. I think those are the posts that they collected from kopboard, MJFC and MJJC to make their point.

Thank you.

ivy;3288636 said:
Let me post Leslie's update in full and then comment & add to it

- A trial date has been appointed for April 19, 2011.

When we look to the HTWF (defendants) witness list we see

- They say 5 people will provide testimonies about Johnson's relationship/communication with Michael and these 5 people look like Brian Oxman, Raymone Bain, Van Alexandar, Grace Rwaramba and Stu Backerman

So Bain is teamed up with the defense????

This is what it said in that NBC article:

"Johnson told CBS News that she worked with the firm of Raymone Bain, Jackson’s former spokesperson, and particularly with Bain's former partner Van Alexander. But a representative for Bain told CBS News that Bain “never worked with Melissa Johnson or with the Heal the World Foundation.” Alexander, who no longer works with Bain, did not respond to messages left requesting comment."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/11/cbsnews_investigates/main5234202.shtml

Look at all those ppl.. Oxman, Van Alexander, Backerman? HAAAAA!! However, interesting what Grace will say.

ivy;3288636 said:
-Evidence exhibits for the estate includes

- member posts form official MJ.com forum, Kopboard, MJFC and MJJC

Interesting! Then they would see that sane fans doesnt support her at all.. =)

Vici;3290155 said:
So Bain is teamed up with the defense????

This is what it said in that NBC article:

"Johnson told CBS News that she worked with the firm of Raymone Bain, Jackson’s former spokesperson, and particularly with Bain's former partner Van Alexander. But a representative for Bain told CBS News that Bain “never worked with Melissa Johnson or with the Heal the World Foundation.” Alexander, who no longer works with Bain, did not respond to messages left requesting comment."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/11/cbsnews_investigates/main5234202.shtml

Look at all those ppl.. Oxman, Van Alexander, Backerman? HAAAAA!! However, interesting what Grace will say.

Interesting! Then they would see that sane fans doesnt support her at all.. =)

That is what Johnson is saying about Bain, but Bain would have something different to tell. Johnson will throw a lot of names out to help her case, but notice she does not have solid proof of anything. I was also interested in what Grace had to say. Maybe she saw Johnson stalking Michael, who knows.

We can't say what those people will tell under oath. Melissa Johnson in her claims say that 5 people will tell that she had communicated with Michael about HTWF. Oxman basically gave her a letter confirming this. So we will see what the other 4 people claimed will say.

As far as the lawsuit goes this is more than communications , first of all they need to show that this Michael said what he's reported to say and /or if these people really have the authority to give her such powers. Otherwise it's just hearsay.

^^ Yep Ivy, especially about the authority.

What craziness, quite the criminal agendas. MJ definitely closed it years ago and all that was left to be done was go over the financials with a fine comb. The reason why it was closed was because others saw it as a pie and put their own agendas and fingers into it for their own benefits. MJ hardly put his energies into it because of that and didn't want to be part of it getting dirtied up. The real dreams and visions for it never happened and he didn't want to put any further energies into a lemon.

Why is Mellissa Johnson using highjacked HTW foundation logo
2 sell Thongs & panties http://tiny.cc/qwjn1 - http://bit.ly/hZ4Ilv

Hmmm... Strange.
If you go to the seller's page HERE, the seller calls itself MJcafe.

You also see some other designs, including a logo for "Character matters".

If you search the logo on Google, it redirects you to http://mjlogo.com/character-matters.htm A website that is not live but "waiting"

Edit: I can confirm the MJLogo website to be Johnson's.

Here are the reg details:

Registrant:
HEAL THE WORLD FOUNDATION

44489 Town Center Way Ste. D425
Palm Desert, California 92260
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: MJLOGO.COM
Created on: 13-Jul-06
Expires on: 13-Jul-11
Last Updated on: 19-Aug-10

Administrative Contact:
Johnson, Melissa domains@healtheworldfoundation.org
United States
+1.7602388911 Fax -- +1.7602628394

Update:
Check out her design here.
But "The game of life" name has been copyrighted by the game makers here.

Last edited:

The official Heal The World was disbanded in 2002. This Heal The World immediatly popped up after Michael's death, with many fans upset that thay donated to another Heal The World, one that had nothing to do with Michael. I know its a charity but they stooped so low in order to get donations-preying on grieving fans claiming that this was the real deal. Its simply wrong.

Hmmm... Strange.
If you go to the seller's page HERE, the seller calls itself MJcafe.

You also see some other designs, including a logo for "Character matters".

If you search the logo on Google, it redirects you to http://mjlogo.com/character-matters.htm A website that is not live but "waiting"

Edit: I can confirm the MJLogo website to be Johnson's.

Here are the reg details:

Registrant:

United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: MJLOGO.COM
Created on: 13-Jul-06
Expires on: 13-Jul-11
Last Updated on: 19-Aug-10

Administrative Contact:
Johnson, Melissa domains@healtheworldfoundation.org
United States
+1.7602388911 Fax -- +1.7602628394

Update:
Check out her design here.
But "The game of life" name has been copyrighted by the game makers here.

Worst and worst...

Can't wait TO SEE ALL THE PEOPLE INVOLVE IN THIS FAKE ASSOCIATION WHO STOLE MONEY FROM THE FANS GO IN JAIL.

Really hope to see justice in this one! Couple that with appropriate sentences and I will feel happier.

Back