MJJC Never Ending Party Thread

Sorry, girls! I'm getting the party vibe all wonkified but I have to post this one, it's been in my head for days.

EDIT - @bluemoon7 - you have probably very sensibly retired for the night but am tagging you in on this so you can pick it up at a later date. Don't know if you even like Prince - I only like a few songs - but you'll find this interesting, I think, even if it's not exactly your cup of tea.

"Everybody's looking for the ladder
Everybody wants salvation of the soul
The steps you take are no easy road
But the reward is great"
lyrics by Prince

@zinniabooklover What a wonderful recommendation! I do like Prince, especially some few songs. I am not familiar with all of his work, but some of it I find really mindblowing. Strange right? I am not a fan in the traditional sense but some of his songs are really outstanding to me. I also love his voice and singing.

LOL, I remember that I LOVED LOVED Alphabet Street and the video when it came out:

The visuals remind me of the "Whatzupwitu" video by Eddie and Michael 😭 :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
@zinniabooklover What a wonderful recommendation! I do like Prince, especially some few songs. I am not familiar with all of his work, but some of it I find really mindblowing.
I'm the same. I never liked him much at the time, I definitely am not keen on his 80's sound although I always loved SOTT. I can't stand the high-pitched 'Camille' voice. Never really liked his style. I was quite lukewarm about him. About a year ago I watched a live performance he did with Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne and a few others and it all started there. Then I watched Electric Chair on SNL and that sealed the deal, lol.

Strange right? I am not a fan in the traditional sense but some of his songs are really outstanding to me.
For me, he's either boring the pants off me or he's blowing my mind.

I also love his voice and singing.
For me it mostly has to be his lower-pitched voice. I like it when he get all jazzy. And I love him at the piano, I think that's possibly my fave thing. I prefer his piano playing to his guitar playing.

LOL, I remember that I LOVED LOVED Alphabet Street and the video when it came out:
Don't think I know this. I will watch this later. :)

@zinniabooklover What a wonderful recommendation! I do like Prince, especially some few songs.
i agree zin did post a cool video there . Back in the day i never liked him . I cancelled him out completely in the 90s i was m 's completely . but so many m supporters do seem to like him and i wanted to see what the fuss was about so finally i am starting to properly get serious about him. He still does do my head in though.
I am not familiar with all of his work,
He has alot of work out there , had a 40 year career so put an album out every year ..i take it - anyway, there are some more info about the songs he created . Personally i like his personas , i am still studying it - very early days i don't like how my interest drains... whilst with michaels my interest was full on- really ON - but im not 14 now so that might be something to do with me personally....or maybe this P overwhelms me and i tend to side eye him ~ its always been that way.
but some of it I find really mindblowing. Strange right? I am not a fan in the traditional sense but some of his songs are really outstanding to me. I also love his voice and singing.

im going to check this one out right now thanks alot @bluemoon7 🤔
The visuals remind me of the "Whatzupwitu" video by Eddie and Michael 😭 :ROFLMAO:
what 🤔

GettyImages-164855910-1-e1694532950609.jpg

Cross-posting. :love:

"Michael Jackson is the only artist to solo write 10 top 10 hits in a row. All songs written by M.Jackson. This is amazing. Yes, Bill Bottrell co-wrote BoW but it was only the rap lyrics. This guy was special. This generation doesn't know what real talent is.
DSTYGE
Beat It
Billie Jean
WBSS
Bad
DD
Smooth Criminal
IJCSLY
TWYMMF
BOW"

F6uGua8WMAAgWDa

Last edited: